I want THICKER! Bigger strands & more hair in 2011!

BGT

OMGoodness, BGT, I'm from Baton Rouge too! What's up home girl! Some quest for thicker strands, huh? I really don't have a problem with growth, I get about an inch a month, but I've started taking Biotin and using the Alphogee 2 step and I tried the henna [Cassia] too which I loved the first time, but couldn't replicate the same results the second time. I then tried to use a demi clear color and had a set back [breakage]. I have Castor oil and coconut oil, so I'm going to try that for thickness too.

Hey! We're having a meet-up Saturday, March 19 at 2:00 at the Buffalo Wild Wings at Perkins/Bluebonnet if you want to come. :yep:

fxdiva

If I'm home durning that time, I'll definitely be there, but right now I live in Atl.

Thanks for the invite!

newnyer

OK--Definitely subscribing to this thread. After a lot of research this is what I've come up with. Please add, subtract, or put comment on my regime as you see fit. lol. I need some help! lol. P.S. I have 4b/a hair that is newly relaxed....super fine, and low density (this one is a new characteristic for me) Anywho-the items in red are things i am already doing are already have in my stash:

Internal -
work out (3-5x a week), Hairfinity & multivitamins, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water!

Hair-
No direct heat more than once every 3 months
Protective styling?? Have SO much more research to do--my ponytail is close to non-existent and sew-ins aren't helping my process, so I have no idea what I'll be doing. Scared to wear a wig with my job (military-hats quickly on & off, active day, etc).

Shampoo- Once every 7-10 days w/ Carrot Seed Afroveda Shampoo

Protein- Every other week? I have some silicon mix gathering dust in my closet--should I whip that out again or use something else/better??

Cowash after 1-2 times a week after workouts with Dove Moisture Therapy

Deep Condition- every other week with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner (alternate weeks w/ protein treatments)

Oils/ Grease -- Mix of Afroveda Shikakai Elixir, small amount of JCBO and good amount of MT 3-4x a week before bed

What ya think??

newnyer

Anyone tried the Alter Ego Energizing Treatment (liquid/oil mix)? Just purchased it and curious as to reviews...

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Been taking PUritans Pride Amino 1500 - 3 a day = 4500 mg of protein. Cheaper than HF37 (which works for growth and thickness).
I've been using Mane and Tail Conditioner for cowashing.

My hair feels heavier and looks thicker.

Considering Nioxin 2xday...for edges.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I have used Homemade Garlic Oil as a nightly scalp elixir since Monday. It has reduced my shedding dramatically. Hoping to get great results on my hairline.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
when i took:
msm
vit c
biotin
b complex
amino acids
resvertrol
and nac
my hair got even thicker than what it already is... i knew this after i did a relaxer touch-up and my hair was actually heavy... it was kind of weird...

newnyer

This may seem like a crazy question ladies (sorry!) But do you DC after your protein treatments? I keep hearing about the moisture/protein balance and wanted a plan of action for my shampoo tomorrow. I've had some shedding (nothing alarming though) and was planning to use the aphogee 2 min but was wondering if I should follow up with my garlic DC or silicon mix...or both?? Overkill?? Let a sista know...

newnyer

Actually nevermind...it seems like a lot of women on here who do the 2 min do a DC afterwards. I'm on the right track. Now its deciding if I want to mix my Alter Ego w/ silicon mix or just leave it alone. *le sigh* this HHJ ain't easy-I had a lot more time on my hands when I didn't care. Lol! Then again-I was always cutting off split ends. :(

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Um, I already have thick hair. And I'm a 4b. But I wanted it longer and thicker so...I started using my girl friends secret hair conditioner.....

Mane & Tail Conditioner...she told me that she had her hair cut into a bob and that her stylist was trimming it every two weeks because it was growing out of the style way too fast. I asked her what she was using and she told me Mane & Tail conditioner. So I've been using that and went from shoulder length to bra strap length. I'm very happy with the length and thickness.

Oh and Miracle 2000 Liquid vitamin from GNC for 28.99 has my hair and health in great shape.
I want thicker bigger hair strands too. I have Mane N Tail Conditioner. lana - How do you use it to make your hair grow? How long did it take you to go from shoulder length to brastrap length? How often do you apply it? Do you leave it in your hair?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I have also been incorporating Mane and Tail into my cowash and leave-in reggie (I put some in a spray bottle along with water, curl activator and amla oil and use it when I wet bun). Could it be the secret to my fuller, heavier hair? Hmmmmm?

morehairplease

I have seen a derm in the past and was told i have seborrheic dermatitis. I was given clotrimazole and steroid oil to help with the flakes. I no longer have flaking (acv rinses helped with this a lot).

I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and have recently started taking biotin supplements. In the future, I plan to add silica, b-complex, and msm.

janda

I have also been incorporating Mane and Tail into my cowash and leave-in reggie (I put some in a spray bottle along with water, curl activator and amla oil and use it when I wet bun). Could it be the secret to my fuller, heavier hair? Hmmmmm?

I've been doing the same. Hoping for results.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I want thicker bigger hair strands too. I have Mane N Tail Conditioner. lana - How do you use it to make your hair grow? How long did it take you to go from shoulder length to brastrap length? How often do you apply it? Do you leave it in your hair?

pooh it may be the liquid vitamin

i have miracle 2000 ...tons of hair growth goodness in there

lana

I want thicker bigger hair strands too. I have Mane N Tail Conditioner. @lana - How do you use it to make your hair grow? How long did it take you to go from shoulder length to brastrap length? How often do you apply it? Do you leave it in your hair?

Poohbear - I take the Miracle 2000 whenever I remember. Usually once a day, but often only once a week. Because it's gross to drink, but it really works for total body health and HAIR growth and thickness. I buy it with a $5 off coupon, so it's usually $25 or less for me.

I use the Mane & Tail conditioner as my prepoo (I have it on my hair right now (in a bun!)). I shampoo like normal, condition with my moisturizing conditioner (usually Keracare Humecto). Sometimes I add some M&T conditioner to that with heat. Then I rinse with cool water and style.

I have no idea how long it took me to get from Shoulder Length to BSL. Because...I transitioned from relaxed to natural around SL, did not big chop...finally got all natural hair and then started to texlax. So it was years for me instead of months and I recently trimmed all my hair even and I'm back to hovering above BSL, not at it.

I apply M&T before each shampoo, yes, I leave it in for a day or a few days before washing.

I hope this answered your questions. Sorry I didn't see this message until today.

I think it's the Miracle 2000 vitamins AND M&T that has me with longer, healthier hair. AND Texlaxing instead of being natural (pressed/flat ironed) or fully relaxed. I also bun weekly.

gn1g

@Poohbear - I take the Miracle 2000 whenever I remember. Usually once a day, but often only once a week. Because it's gross to drink, but it really works for total body health and HAIR growth and thickness. I buy it with a $5 off coupon, so it's usually $25 or less for me.

I use the Mane & Tail conditioner as my prepoo (I have it on my hair right now (in a bun!)). I shampoo like normal, condition with my moisturizing conditioner (usually Keracare Humecto). Sometimes I add some M&T conditioner to that with heat. Then I rinse with cool water and style.

I have no idea how long it took me to get from Shoulder Length to BSL. Because...I transitioned from relaxed to natural around SL, did not big chop...finally got all natural hair and then started to texlax. So it was years for me instead of months and I recently trimmed all my hair even and I'm back to hovering above BSL, not at it.

I apply M&T before each shampoo, yes, I leave it in for a day or a few days before washing.

I hope this answered your questions. Sorry I didn't see this message until today.

I think it's the Miracle 2000 vitamins AND M&T that has me with longer, healthier hair. AND Texlaxing instead of being natural (pressed/flat ironed) or fully relaxed. I also bun weekly.

I forgot about Miracle 2000 that is the absolute best vitamin ever EVER! I makes me feel like a kijillion bucks. I love that nasty stuff.

janda

lana you leave the Mane n Tail
on for a few days? Maybe I need to try leaving it on longer. Do you also message it into your scalp or just the length of your hair?