I want to do a rod set on weave hair - can you help?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hi ladies,

I'm trying to fall back from heat (it's only been a week so far). :lol: I'm going out dancing tomorrow night and I don't like going out with a normal PS (I usually bun during the week). So I'm looking for some ideas. The plan was to go out with a half wig but after 4 days in this all week I'm about sick of it. The one I have on right now is about the length of my own hair but I'm still too self-conscious to go out in crowds with it. Plus, I'm afraid of how hot it would get too. And I would panic if my leave out hair in the front frizzed up with the back still all straight and silky. NOT a good look :nono:

I'm past SL so roller sets are kinda blah :ohwell: but okay and I want to look nice-ER :yep: so I was thinking of roller setting and clipping in a few tracks in the back to make it look nicer and not so heavy like the half wig. That's where I need the help of you ladies.

I've done a clip in weave before and I can master that. I can do a roller set and I think I did okay. But I've never done both. What products can you use on the weave hair? I have a pack of Outre HH and I think it said Yaki?? Not sure on the hair lingo. I don't want to ruin it by experimenting. The last time I did a roller set it was on previously flat-ironed hair so I just wet it and used perm rods and the curls turned out fine. I have flexi-rods also so I can use those.

Any suggestions on how to do a rod set with weave hair?? Which products to use? I plan to leave all my hair out to blend in with the tracks in the back.

Thanks in advance!!

I would put a little mousse on it and go...let it airdry. You don't really need a lot of products, and you don't want to wet it all the way with water, it will take forever to dry. HTH!

I would put a little mousse on it and go...let it airdry. You don't really need a lot of products, and you don't want to wet it all the way with water, it will take forever to dry. HTH!

I forgot all about mousse. I guess that's the same as wrap lotion, right? Good point about not wanting to wait for it to dry.

Thanks much!!

I forgot all about mousse. I guess that's the same as wrap lotion, right? Good point about not wanting to wait for it to dry.

Thanks much!!
Um, not really, you just don't want it to be soaking wet. Isn't the wrap lotion a liquid? Or do you pump it out like a foam. Just be stingy with it and you should be ok.

Um, not really, you just don't want it to be soaking wet. Isn't the wrap lotion a liquid? Or do you pump it out like a foam. Just be stingy with it and you should be ok.

I have KeraCare wrap foam/lotion??? I haven't used it in a while but I know it comes out as a foam.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I agree with CrlSweetie...don't wet the hair entirely. When I had my full weave in, I just misted it lightly with water and used a little foaming wrap lotion for hold. You can do this on the weave before you even clip it in to make it easier. Good luck!

UPDATE: My hair turned out horrible because I didn't have time to let the rods airdry fully. I tested the end rollers and they were dry but I forgot the stupid crown area is fuller and takes longer.

I tried to blow dry on cool but those curls just would not stay. :nono:

So I will try again and this time with air drying overnight. My plan was to skip the heat but I ended up having to use the flat-irons on VERY low heat just to give it some style and still ended up wearing it pinned up because it was a mess.

Back