I want to shave it all off

amber082

You guys I have like 3c hair and right now, you know it's ok, and I have never had a problem with bad hair. It's always been very manageable, but I'm trying to grow it long and I just visited Napptural.com and I think I want to shave my head.
I need some support or something.

soulchild

If you're trying to grow it out, why do you want to shave it off now?
I don't get it. Can you tell us more about how you came to this decision.

shelli4018

I'm transitioning and it is hard caring for both hair textures: relaxed and natural. I believe that's why people just cut the relaxed ends off!

amber082

Im relaxed right now, It has been about a month since my last touch up, uuumm I want to go naturual. I've tried it once before I cut my bra strap hair to the new growth, I liked the length when I first started then I didn't then I relaxed again. Now it's growing it'll be shoulder length by febuary. But I just like, want a realease I guess. I'm tired of relaxing, don't want to wait to transition, can't get braids cause my hair just cannot stand the stress. what should I do?

shelli4018

Hon, are you trying to talk yourself into chopping it off? You don't realy need an excuse if that's what you want to do. But maybe you should take some time to think about what you want, what you can reasonably care for and how you'd like to wear your hair. You sound a little confused. And believe me I can relate. I'm tempted to relax. But I really want to see my natural hair. So I just flat iron or press the new growth when I want something different. I'm bored with my bun.

aqualung

Don't chop again, kiddo. Give transitioning a chance! Use these straightening shampoos that everyone's posting about (L'Anza and ION) to make those two textures agree.

appledumplin80

Girl just cut it! I think you know what you want. You will look great regardless. You are a beautiful girl and I know that you would wear it well! Thats for sure! So go for it if you want. If you need a place to stay when your daddy kicks you out just call me!! You know the number!

Shinka

I just cut my off completely on May 30th., Then I did it a second time in October. it was one of the best things I did for my HAIR. i Loved it. Go with your first mind as My mother likes to say.

Ayeshia

hey you sound like me! except i dont think its a good time to consider shaving your head now that its winter unless you're from a warm location. But why dont you grow your natural hair for at least 4 months so youll have about 2-3 in of new growth. then you can rock a twa or if you are really intending to grow out your natural hair you should get braids...you wont have to really pay close close attention to the relaxed ends since you are cutting them off eventually. just make sure you pay special attention to your scalp and roots. oh well my 2 cents whatever you do good luck!!!!!!!!

diamoness

I'm considering cutting mine down to the newgrowth too. The two textures is making me sick
. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is my bald spot. On one hand, i'm thinking the hell with it. On the other hand, I'm thinking i'll grow enough natural hair that will easily cover the bald spot (since i've given up on it growing back). You sound just like me..........Just give it a lot of thought whatever you do!!!........

soulchild

Oh yeah Ayeshia, how are you feelin' your new short do?

Amber, girl you sound confused.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

amber082

The problem isn't cutting it off, the problem is why I am hesitating. If that makes any sense at all. I want my own natural hair. With no additives. Buuuut I want to be pretty and girly and cute like everyone around me. With long strait hair. And as shallow as it might sound it's the truth. Last time I cut my hair I didn't have a date for like 2 months. That ain't fun ya'll. I don't know. I'm gonna think on it.

alibi

hair bored
I agree that you should give transitioning a try. If you don't like it, you can always cut it all off later. The big chop is great for those who know that it's what they want. But if you think it might affect your social life, wait a while and see. The worst feeling in the world is not feeling confident about you, whether your hair is long, short, permed, or natural. No one can tell you what's best for you. But if you're that concerned about how it will look, which it appears you are, wait a little longer and see. And you can PM me if you want to some good flat ironing techniques.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Oh yeah Ayeshia, how are you feelin' your new short do?

Amber, girl you sound confused.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey soulchild!...its coming along its been two weeks and its growing already! at first i felt like i didnt want to leave the house but know im figureing out what my hair likes and what it doesnt like so i getting used to it. thanx for asking!!!!! Im trying to start my own web journal so ill try to have that up as soon as possible

A_Christian

Don't give up on your hair. Can you get larger braids or corn rows that would put less stress on your hair than, say micros? You could even wear one of those "head band" wigs while transitioning instead of cutting it all off at once if you don't feel comfortable with it.

soulchild

Amber, hmmm I would wait awhile before doing something drastic. I'm guessing you have about 1/2 in. new growth?

Ayeshia, I'm glad it's going well. Seeing growth already! Can't wait for your web journal.