I want to trim my hair myself

sithembile

I'm tired of scissot happy stylists, but I can tell that I need a trim. My hair is 4b, relaxed and just passed my shoulders, can anyone who trims their own hair tell me the best way to do it? Thanks.....

No problem. I always trim my own hair because I know what is split and I know what I need. So this is what I do. I stark by parting my hair in 4 sections. (from ear to ear, then from front to back. Now one section at a time starting from the back. ( I do mines dry or wet) If my hair has a lot of split ends I do it dry. If not then I do it wet. Now I comb the hair so that it is straight. Then I part it. NOT TOO BIG The part is fromt the left to right. Once I comb straight I put my fingers over the hair as if they were scissors. Then I trim BELOW the fingers only what was split.You can tell if it is split because it looks scraggly. Do this all around. When you get to the front you part going from the front of your head to the back. Make sure your sections are not to wide when you are trimming the sections. When your finished just randomly look at pieces while combing upward and trim. The key to trimming is not to take too much off. You may not get everything. But nobody does. I've been doing this for 4 years now and I'm happy. HTH!!

Thanks! I may do this after my next touch-up!
smile.gif

Back