I was fooled today!!

Yes I've been fooled too.
I worked with this girl some 20+ years ago, her hair was always fly! Thick and layered so nicely. I envied her hair. At certain times she would wear a head scarf tied ever so stylishly covering some of her hair, leaving the ends out. I thought that was cute too. Then BAM Monday morning the fly hair style was back! I was in awe again. I didn't realize until years later she was going to Houston to get her hair did!:blush: And when she wore the scarf her hair had grown out! I felt so stupid that I didn't know. But at that time I did not know what a weave was. But I remembered her going to Houston a lot and Houston was the place that did the best weave job.

Last edited:
I had this teacher that had this gorgeous waist length dark brownish hair that I would stare at and drool over in class when I was in high school. Everybody in class was fooled and all the guys were talking about how pretty she was and how long her hair is. One day she was grading my paper and I was standing over her, and when I looked down I saw a track and piece of thread!!! :blush:

I was shocked and crushed!! :sad: Only because I thought she was a black woman that had managed to grow this really long hair healthy hair and it was really a weave. I felt betrayed in some way, but in hindsight :lachen::lachen:

Come to find out she had taught my friends mom in highschool and she said she use to wear all types of wigs and pieces back then too!!

Last edited:
I thought about doing that..... :lachen: I guess next time I need to be more careful with how I give out compliments. Really that lady didn't deserve it b/c up close the weave was jacked up :nono: (maybe next time I'll tell her about LHCF). I didn't really expect her to tell me it was a weave. I still felt fooled because my initial perception from far away was that it was real. oh well...

Maybe she is on LHCF and reading this post right now!! :lachen:

Back