I Went to the Aveda Institute on Friday

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
zora said:
Divinefavor,

I think you may be my hair twin too.

Your hair came out GORGEOUS! I'm itching to take my braids out so I can go to the DC Aveda Institute and give whoever does my hair D'neisha's steps.

And the price:eek:

I will be following right behind you. The DC Institute is right down the street from where I work and get all my AVEDA products. I've been so much that the ladies sound an alarm when they see me walking in! :lol::look:

ETA: You have to make the appointment way ahead because they are very busy. I would go ahead and give them a call: (202) 824-1690 - 713 7th St Nw right away and see how long the wait is.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
divinefavor said:
Right!!! I was awaiting my Aveda Posse to chime in and give Aveda some shout outs! :lol:

Aww thank you so much for the compliments!!!

Girl, that shine through me for a loop! I don't know if it was the Light Elements smoothing fluid or the flat iron she used. But, my hair still looks nice, but it doesn't have anymore curls in it though.

I

Yeah, girl. You know it. I have all the products that they used on your hair. I love the Emollient and like the tip about using the Emollient with the Light Elements. I think I'mma try that to see how it work. My guess is that's what gave you the shine. The other DR treatment has been mentioned before and I think you can purchase that on eBay. I'll just stick to the regular treatment with the conditioner and shampoo!

Congratulations again!

SP ;)

BrownSkin2

so so chic said:
Your hair is gorgeous :) . Where is this place located?

It's located on 3402 Piedmont Rd... not far from Copelands, on opposite side of street.

Divine your hair looks very lovely and bouncy. They did a great job.

divinefavor

so so chic said:
Your hair is gorgeous :) . Where is this place located?

Thank you so much!

It's on Piedmont Road right off of Lenox Road. If you were going 400S you would go through the toll then get off on Lenox Road exit, make a left on Piedmont and the Aveda Institute is right there on the right.

Coming from 85 get off on the Lenox exit and take Lenox all the way down cross over 400 make a left on Piedmont.

lala

Divinefavor, your hair looks great...but I'm not surprised :).

I get the moisture/strengthening DR treatments mixed and my hair absolutely loves them.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hey, Divine ...

Your hair looks great as usual!! Looks like it has so much movement. I may have to give the Institute a try.

zzirvingj

Girl your hairs looks sooooo goooood! She did an EXCELLENT job!! After she leaves, if you go again and have another stylist PLEEEZ post pics again. I don't plan on getting my hair pressed until late December, and I'll probably go to Too Groovy cuz I really liked my last experience there.

But it would be great to have someone at the AI as a backup plan. I had been wanting to make an appointment there but I didn't know anyone who had been. Glad you enjoyed it! Your hair looks GORGEOUS! :)

divinefavor

lala said:
Divinefavor, your hair looks great...but I'm not surprised :).

I get the moisture/strengthening DR treatments mixed and my hair absolutely loves them.

Thanks girl! Yep, the studen mixed both the moisture and strengthening DR treatments as well.

divinefavor

TaraDyan said:
Hey, Divine ...

Your hair looks great as usual!! Looks like it has so much movement. I may have to give the Institute a try.

It did have a lot of body and it still does today. Definitely check them out girl, I think you will love it.

divinefavor

zzirvingj said:
Girl your hairs looks sooooo goooood! She did an EXCELLENT job!! After she leaves, if you go again and have another stylist PLEEEZ post pics again. I don't plan on getting my hair pressed until late December, and I'll probably go to Too Groovy cuz I really liked my last experience there.

But it would be great to have someone at the AI as a backup plan. I had been wanting to make an appointment there but I didn't know anyone who had been. Glad you enjoyed it! Your hair looks GORGEOUS! :)

Thanks girl!!! I will definitely let you know!