I Went to the Aveda Institute on Friday

CurleeDST

She did a fantabulous job with your hair!

divinefavor said:
Good Morning,

I went to the Aveda Institute on Friday for a Shampoo, treatment, blowdry and flat iron. My cosmetology student was Dyneisha. She did a wonderful job and was so nice. She was also very professional and explained to me everything she was using on my hair.

Steps she used:
Washed with Aveda DR Shampoo
Put on some sort of DR Treatment (the one that they don't retail)
I went under the dryer for 20 minutes
Rinsed
Then she saw that I had flakes of scalb in my hair (for some reason this has been going a lot lately with me. I wonder if it has anything with using sulfur from the BT on my scalp)
So she shampooed again
Then used Aveda DR conditioner
Rinsed
She used about 4 pumps of the Aveda Phomollient Styling foam in hair hand, mixed in a little Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, massaged in my hair and then sprayed very light smoe of the Brilliant Damage Control.
Blowdried then flat iron with slight bump.
Last Step: Once done she finished by putting another dab of the Light Elements Smoothing Fluid on my hair

I will definitely go to Aveda Institute again and will use Dyneisha.

Results: Very soft, bouncy, and light hair! I received a lot of compliments when I went to Chicago over the weekend to see "The Color Purple".

So of course I had to purchase two of the products (Phomollient Styling Foam and Brilliant Damage Control), because I didn't have them at home. I'm going to try and get the same effects at home, but by rollersetting.

ETA: last step

Here are some pics.
Back

Sideview

Kacie

Since no one else said it I guess I will, girl you were taking pictures all up in that institute. Your hair looks great.

Tee

only a true lhcf is going to pass the camera like that!!!

looking great lady! i love it.

zora

Serenity_Peace said:
I will be following right behind you. The DC Institute is right down the street from where I work and get all my AVEDA products. I've been so much that the ladies sound an alarm when they see me walking in! :lol::look:

ETA: You have to make the appointment way ahead because they are very busy. I would go ahead and give them a call: (202) 824-1690 - 713 7th St Nw right away and see how long the wait is.
Oooh, thanks for the heads up!

natieya

divinefavor said:
Good Morning,

I went to the Aveda Institute on Friday for a Shampoo, treatment, blowdry and flat iron. My cosmetology student was Dyneisha. She did a wonderful job and was so nice. She was also very professional and explained to me everything she was using on my hair.

Steps she used:
Washed with Aveda DR Shampoo
Put on some sort of DR Treatment (the one that they don't retail)
I went under the dryer for 20 minutes
Rinsed
Then she saw that I had flakes of scalb in my hair (for some reason this has been going a lot lately with me. I wonder if it has anything with using sulfur from the BT on my scalp)
So she shampooed again
Then used Aveda DR conditioner
Rinsed
She used about 4 pumps of the Aveda Phomollient Styling foam in hair hand, mixed in a little Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, massaged in my hair and then sprayed very light smoe of the Brilliant Damage Control.
Blowdried then flat iron with slight bump.
Last Step: Once done she finished by putting another dab of the Light Elements Smoothing Fluid on my hair

I will definitely go to Aveda Institute again and will use Dyneisha.

Results: Very soft, bouncy, and light hair! I received a lot of compliments when I went to Chicago over the weekend to see "The Color Purple".

So of course I had to purchase two of the products (Phomollient Styling Foam and Brilliant Damage Control), because I didn't have them at home. I'm going to try and get the same effects at home, but by rollersetting.

ETA: last step

Here are some pics.
Back

Sideview

You're very pretty! I just love Aveda Institute! Their prices can't be beat and my hair always comes out soft, healthy and CUTE! :) I'm so glad it worked out for ya. By the way, did you have the moisture immersion or the strength infusion (when you went under the dryer)? I've had both and they're both great.

divinefavor

Awww you're too sweet!!! Thank you so much!

She actually used both the moisture and strength.

Girl, my hair was so soft on Friday when I left the Institute! It is still soft and it's five days later.

I think I may go once a month or once every 6 weeks as a treat for myself.

RubyWoo

Beautiful!!! I'm soo lovin' your hair!! You've motivated me to get my hair done at the Aveda Institute in my area in the fall! Yes, I've already looked it up :lol:. Yup, I'm that impressed. Anyhow, I'm glad you had a great experience ;)!