ICU Travel Nurse Kills 6 in Fiery LA Crash

naturalgyrl5199

I think everyone is trying to find sympathy for her. But IRL I'm pretty sure the problems started WAY BEFORE 2018. You wait. Someone is going to say it.
An Uncle?
His son (her cousin?)

Pretty sure there are other women in that family with bipolar disorder. I also think had this not happened she would have eventually had a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Someone dropped the ball somewhere and the family isn't telling all. But hindsight is 20/20. There were numerous attempts for her to even address her own problems. Other than having 24/7 care what could you do with a person who cannot take care of themselves including prevent manic episodes? Cause that's what they are.

We also need better access to care and a populace in all sectors better equipped to deal with it. It should be as easy to get as a physical exam. People come to the hospital I work at all the time and they have a dictionary full of mental health issues. They see a psychiatrist if they are acting out, threatening to self harm, and get a sitter. Its extremely difficult, added on to a short staffed team nation-wide. They have a right, and do often refuse medication that can help, AND many are uninsured or under-insured, homeless or transient, between jobs, and many feel so bad on the medications they reluctantly stop taking them. Its a never-ending cycle. Early diagnosis, identification during the teenage years would help bc they are still under parental care.

But parents can be their child's own worse enemies. Pediatricians don't necessarily know or understand either so responses depending on the doctor to get a referral can be slow. Or the child is misdiagnosed with something else related but misses the mark.
In her situation, nothing could have prevented this because she tried the way people with her kind of family support, her intelligence can try. But she had too much going on and this was a "when situation." Not "IF."

naturalgyrl5199

I feel the same way. I try to empathize with her struggle but with the number of accidents she had.... I can't get past it. there is no excuse. She made a choice to continue on... even with her not being in her right mind. The same as a drunk driver. :nono:
To the bolded she likely had accomplices.

I feel empathy to a point. My beef with our state systems is that they work like mini-insulated countries--so no one should be able to just move from state to state and get a license to drive after reeking havoc in another state. At the same time, you have to leave a state to start anew. But NOT in that situation. I get it if we are talking about an eviction, or car note, or even credit. But not criminality or things that allow you to commandeer a 2000 lb vehicle.

They are trying to look for evidence she acted up at work and put her license at risk but I'm not surprised they can't find anything. She is very likely to have been just fine at work and may have moved when she had episodes or took extended leave or vacation. Its easy to fake a family emergency then resign, then move on to a whole nother state while you check yourself into a facility for a month or so (or stay/live with family), recover and are back at it in between jobs. Then when they call your previous gig... "Oh she left due to a family emergency and had to take care of her relative." Then if she had a good work record, she is hired. Easy for her in this post-COVID short staffed world.

nyeredzi

To the bolded she likely had accomplices.

I feel empathy to a point. My beef with our state systems is that they work like mini-insulated countries--so no one should be able to just move from state to state and get a license to drive after reeking havoc in another state. At the same time, you have to leave a state to start anew. But NOT in that situation. I get it if we are talking about an eviction, or car note, or even credit. But not criminality or things that allow you to commandeer a 2000 lb vehicle.

They are trying to look for evidence she acted up at work and put her license at risk but I'm not surprised they can't find anything. She is very likely to have been just fine at work and may have moved when she had episodes or took extended leave or vacation. Its easy to fake a family emergency then resign, then move on to a whole nother state while you check yourself into a facility for a month or so (or stay/live with family), recover and are back at it in between jobs. Then when they call your previous gig... "Oh she left due to a family emergency and had to take care of her relative." Then if she had a good work record, she is hired. Easy for her in this post-COVID short staffed world.
Can you go further into why she would be fine at work but not elsewhere?

naturalgyrl5199

Can you go further into why she would be fine at work but not elsewhere?
A job like hers doesn't give her the time to be idle. She doesn't time to go into her feelings. Also--if she is neurodiverse, its easier for the neurodiverse folk (autism, aspergers, adhd) to attend to their work for the most part vs having idle time to think about whats bothering them at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a stellar work record. Plus, when you spend so much time masking, you get super good at it until you crack. Then you can't put it back together again, ever. Usually there is a deterioration first.

luckiestdestiny

I feel bad for all involved including the driver as there’s so many layers. I hate this article as it’s so sensationalized in areas of her jobs like working at a club ain’t got nothing to do with this.
She was a waitress too. Not a stripper... Not even that that matters, but I know where they were going with that. And none of it has anything to do with the crash.

What I wish is that they gave advance notice that the crash was visually shown whether you want to see it or not. That was traumatic and I am mad that I had no choice in the matter: thought I was just reading an article and boom there it was, without advanced notice or a chance to press play ( I would not have chosen to see it otherwise).

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
She was a waitress too. Not a stripper... Not even that that matters, but I know where they were going with that. And none of it has anything to do with the crash.

What I wish they gave advance notice that the crash shown whether you want to see it or not. That was traumatic and I am mad that I had no choice in the matter: thought I was just reading an article and boom there it was, without advanced notice or a chance to press play ( I would not have chosen to see it otherwise).
I bounced my eyes when I say that. Like stripping is work making coin but I know our society and respectability gymnastics in a system crafted to make things harder.