Idea to help our International Members...

melodies815

Hey there everyone. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I PM'd Beverly and set up a meeting with her this past weekend (Sunday). I gave her my Skype ID and asked her for her Skype ID as well and a specific time so that I could be on my PC. She never sent me her ID and didn't get back to me with a specific time.

I have also called Sally's to see if they have a reason why they don't sell online to overseas purchasers and the woman I spoke with is due to get back with me literally any moment now. I am also calling around to some European beauty salons to see if they would be willing to ship to international members. Outside the US and UK, I am not going to be much help when it comes to products, but I will see if these companies would be willing to allow people to place orders with them internationally and then move to get something set up through LHCF where members can purchase easily.

I will update again in the next week or two if this is actually something I can do, or not. I don't want to leave people hanging, and I also don't want to promise where I cannot deliver.

If this doesn't work, I guess the tried and true method of going to the exchange forum will have to suffice.

I hope this works!!!:crossfingers:

cj

minJabs

wow this is a god idea, hope it works. I need some dominican products after all the raves i have read here

Liege4421

Good idea for those who don't have military addresses...just my two cents, remember that ladies in the military (like me) can find beauty supply stores online that will ship to military addresses. I've been overseas for 6 years and I rarely ask family to mail supplies. TexasBeautySupply.com mails to APO/FPO addresses, so does Walmart.com. I think the only store I've tried that doesn't ship to APO addresses is Sally's (and you can get what you need from Texas Beauty, anyways!). I was even able to get MCT shipped to my APO address. For military ladies, if you see something you want and the website says it doesn't ship outside the US, just e-mail them or call them. I've found every time I e-mail and explain I'm a military member, the company has been more than happy to ship to me...this was especially true when I was in Iraq. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me...I'm more than willing to help!

Last edited:

trinidarkie1

I really appreciate this thread being started. I may be moving back overseas this year and this was one of my concerns. Call it vanity, WHATEVER! I have a paypal account and will still have a US address, but I know going to the post office is like pulling teeth for my girlfriends, I won't get it for a while, lol.

I'm subscribing because I don't mind being a shopper, but I kinda want to see how other people make out first. I generally print postage at work and give it to our mail guy, so it goes out the same day. But if it's a cash transaction, that's what kills me, because the post office near me does not have useful hours.. well imo.

I'm excited about this, hopefully this really helps out the vast majority, if not everyone.

Casarela

GOOD IDEA MY FREAKIN DENMAN D4 COSTED ME 35$ PLUS 12% TAX LOCALLY ANNNNNNND I HAD TO GO OUT OF TOWN. When I heard people getting it at sallys for cheap :(

I realized that every two months or so...my sister, a few cousins, a few friends, etc...that live outside of the USA ask me to buy things and send the items to them. Sometimes they pay me, sometimes they pay for shipping and use the family excuse for me to 'gift' the actual items to them.

But I was thinking... wouldn't it be easier if there were like, 5-10 designated "Shoppers" for international members of the board?

That way, our Canadian friends wouldn't have to go through hell to find Curlformers that are at pretty much every Sally's here. Or that way people wouldn't have to pay $60 for a $20 half-a-wig. Or our friends that are in the military in Korea or Japan or Afghanistan or something don't have to suffer without their Cream of Nature.

Shipping is going to cost. We all know that. But why is someone overseas going through hell to buy Pantene. Or to buy satin scarves. Or setting lotion. Or to find Hot 6 Oil or Motions CPR. You know?

I have been thinking about this lately. Especially since I know that I wanna leave the country myself one day.

It would be much easier for someone to go to Target or Walmart...when they probably already go there in the first place...buy items for someone, and ship them. It would probably save the buyer 25% or so already.

I'm sure if we had several designated LHCF shoppers...and maybe for each order the International buyer tossed them $5.00 or something...just for their trouble...maybe we could get a nice little thing going.

Example using LHCF shopper:
  • Spend $50.00 at Wal Mart or Beauty Supply
  • Spend $20.00 for shipping
  • Send $5.00 to your LHCF shopper
Example using website with crazy shipping and handling fees:
  • Spend $80.00 for the same stuff that would have been $50.00 at Wal Mart or Beauty supply
  • Spend $45.00 for shipping AND handling
  • Spend an extra $20.00 to use DHL or someplace that offers quick shipping with a tracking number, etc.
Sometimes there is a looooong wait for your order to even be processed let alone filled. This could help so you don't have to wait up to 2 weeks for your order to even be processed and another 2 weeks for it to be filled in the first place.

Anyone ever think about this? How do you think we could make something like this work?

melodies815

GOOD IDEA MY FREAKIN DENMAN D4 COSTED ME 35$ PLUS 12% TAX LOCALLY ANNNNNNND I HAD TO GO OUT OF TOWN. When I heard people getting it at sallys for cheap :(

Ummm...are you really at the North Pole? I thought that was a joke to be vague about location while online. Just curious...

cj

Lyoness

I'm definitely interested too.. I like the idea of shopping online and having the products delivered to the US address for them to forward to the UK[and other locations] I've noticed alot of US websites have free delivery... Or even sold on ebay ... definitely a great idea!

awhyley

I almost cried when I saw this thread. I can NEVER get these things in Nassau. I had to open an account with Post Boxes etc. (and collect them on an irregular basis) Question - Does this only apply to hair care products? I'm asking because I saw a suit (from Next.co.uk) that I have to have. (yes, I cursed that Fashion Forum from the minute I saw it and Next for not shipping from the UK to the US) :ohwell:

I have Paypal (U$D) and am willing to either have someone buy it for me or order it online and have it shipped to you, so that you can ship it to my US address. Can someone please PM me if you're interested? Thanks!

Babylilac

I almost cried when I saw this thread. I can NEVER get these things in Nassau. I had to open an account with Post Boxes etc. (and collect them on an irregular basis) Question - Does this only apply to hair care products? I'm asking because I saw a suit (from Next.co.uk) that I have to have. (yes, I cursed that Fashion Forum from the minute I saw it and Next for not shipping from the UK to the US) :ohwell:

I have Paypal (U$D) and am willing to either have someone buy it for me or order it online and have it shipped to you, so that you can ship it to my US address. Can someone please PM me if you're interested? Thanks!
I have Pmed you

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Great idea! It's a shame how much people outside the US have to pay for things you can gget pretty much anywhere around here. We could probably even help each other out. I know there some british products I'd like to try, but some websites don't ship to America--only within the UK. It could be a mutual thing.

Babylilac

Great idea! It's a shame how much people outside the US have to pay for things you can gget pretty much anywhere around here. We could probably even help each other out. I know there some british products I'd like to try, but some websites don't ship to America--only within the UK. It could be a mutual thing.
Yea its a good thing.Which british products do you want to try?

melodies815

UPDATE: I emailed Beverly to ask her her Skype name so that we could speak and find a way to set up a way for international members to be able to get products easily, and I have not heard back from her.

I am strongly considering now doing something on my own, but I have no idea how to start...so those people who are willing to be shoppers should do so and those who are willing to make arrangements should pay through the traditional swap method here on the forum.

I am off to research....it's going to take time, but I think I'll be able to get it done...

I'll be back...again....with an update when I get one.

Blessings and sorry for the bad news to start.
Better news should follow later...

Christi

Urban

^^ my only advice is that this should all be done on a public platform ... things can get a bit haywire (sp?) when this is done in PMs. Or at least make sure you keep every single PM when interacting with a shopper or buyer.

Odd One

I agree, as long as you have unaltered proofs with names and dates, things should go as smoothly as possible:)best way would be to do it publicly

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I'm in the UK and I can't get back to the US now, but I'm dying for some elucence and some of that shealoe from From Nature With Love. I tried to get some from FNWL but the shipping was $110 for just one thing. :nono:

thinbreaksUk

Lawd have mercy what!!! $110 theat don't make one lick of sense.

This is a fabulous idea though and I would like to be a part of it in some way

lollyoo

If Justkiya is down, you may be may shopper.
I have been trying to get my hands on the maxiglide MP set at HSN.
Justkiya, can I PM you with details when I am ready.
I have emailed HSN but, they won't accept international credit card.

lollyoo

I'm in the UK and I can't get back to the US now, but I'm dying for some elucence and some of that shealoe from From Nature With Love. I tried to get some from FNWL but the shipping was $110 for just one thing. :nono:

Yes, there shipping is really ridiculous, I wanted to purchase a few ayurvedic herbs from them a while ago,. I think its a strategy to turn down international customers

lollyoo

A very sympathetic shopper is helping me get some curlformers & MN 4% this week:grin: - I think this is a BRILLIANT idea, next stop OCT :look::yep: will keep u guys informed

Hmm actually maybe its not such a good idea I'll probably go broke buying everything mentioned on the board, UNLESS someone can get and ship me the PIBBS :scratchch
Contact OCT directly, they ship international at reasonable cost, I have contacted them in the past. Although I never actually purchased it, as I dont think growth aid works for me in general.

soulie

Does QVC ship internationally? If it doesn't, I could pick up QVC items (Wen, Ojon, Proactiv) for those who need. I have a QVC store locally.

Tyra

:eek:Whaaaaa?

Napata

Qhem,

Mariposa's shipping id expensive to other european destinations though, and she does not stock all your products.

Yes but Mariposa has to pay shipping as well plus all of the vat and customs fees for the products imported from the US. They pay domestic shipping fees to have suppliers send packages to a central warehouse and another large shipping fee to have large freight pallets shipped overseas. I used to source an ingredient for one of my products from a company based in France and the shipping alone was over 300.00. Unfortunately, international shipping is expensive whether it's Fed Ex, USPS or UPS.

Last edited:

Aalize

Is there anyone who is willing to purchase two jars of Qhemet Honey Hydration Balm (preferrably someone who can purchase it locally) and 3 bottles of GVP Detangler from Sally's and is willing to ship them to me in Canada?

I have paypal.

Thanks