If it doesn't cover your boobs, then it's not long...

Lovelylocs

I used to think that APL was long. Now, it's just medium length to me. Then, it was brastrap. I'm at brastrap. It's long, but nothing to shout about IMO. Maybe it's just b/c I haven't had my hair blown out in a while. I still wear it down from time to time, but the roots are kinda long now.

It's funny b/c I remember back in 2003 (or some time around then when I first started my hair care journey) some of the more experienced, more accomplished members were saying how their definition of long hair had changed. :lol: Now, I guess I am going through what they were.

Bald = bald :giggle:
buzz cut to top of shoulders= long
Top of shoulders to APL= medium
APL to middle of shoulder blade= medium/long
bottom of shoulder blade to bottom of brastrap (not covering boobs in front)= the beginning of long
covering boobs in front and past brastrap in back/midback length= Welcome to the long hair party! :band: You are OFFICIALLY LONG!

What's long to you?

Last edited:

HERicane10

Since it seem fairly normal to see women with BSL now; I think MBL is long.
(2-3 inches past the bottom of your braclasp)

JustKiya

Bald to SL is 'short'.
SL to BSL is 'medium'.
BSL to MBL is 'medium long'
MBL to Classic is 'long'
Classic and beyond is 'Oh my gods, look at all that HAIR!!!' :grin:

Traycee

I used to think that APL was long. Now, it's just medium length to me. Then, it was brastrap. I'm at brastrap. It's long, but nothing to shout about IMO. Maybe it's just b/c I haven't had my hair blown out in a while. I still wear it down from time to time, but the roots are kinda long now.

It's funny b/c I remember back in 2003 (or some time around then when I first started my hair care journey) some of the more experienced, more accomplished members were saying how their definition of long hair had changed. :lol: Now, I guess I am going through what they were.

Bald = bald :giggle:
buzz cut to top of shoulders= long
Top of shoulders to APL= medium
APL to middle of shoulder blade= medium/long
bottom of shoulder blade to bottom of brastrap (not covering boobs in front)= the beginning of long
covering boobs in front and past brastrap in back/midback length= Welcome to the long hair party! :band: You are OFFICIALLY LONG!

What's long to you?

Yes ....I agree...A soon as I meet my goal...I want to take a picture with my hair over my shoulders on each side....My boobs only being covered by my hair.....For my Hubbie........I can't wait till I'm MBL!!!!

TaurusAngel

based on my standards, i say BSL. I just don't care for hair past that. I think its gorgeous, but i doubt i would be able to handle all that.

Fine 4s

I probably wouldn't be able to handle it either BUT I've always considered hair long when you can take hair on your Left of Right side and lay it on the opposite side's shoulder with it laying on the boob area ...and have it stay there with no help!

When I get there, you wouldn't be able to tell me NATIN'

Christa438

This is how I feel now and probably always will even if my own hair reaches WL.

Above SL = short
SL = medium
APL and BSL = long
BSL and MBL and WL = real long

HERicane10

Yes ....I agree...A soon as I meet my goal...I want to take a picture with my hair over my shoulders on each side....My boobs only being covered by my hair.....For my Hubbie........I can't wait till I'm MBL!!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin about...a pic 4 the hubby!

seeminglysweet

I agree that covering the boobs is a major leap from long to LOOONNNG.

BSL is so commonly seen now that I'm starting to equate thickness with length. I see BSL/MBL hair and I know it's long, but in my mind I won't say it's long unless it's also thick and full. Don't ask me why I do this. :wallbash:

Lovelylocs

I agree that covering the boobs is a major leap from long to LOOONNNG.

BSL is so commonly seen now that I'm starting to equate thickness with length. I see BSL/MBL hair and I know it's long, but in my mind I won't say it's long unless it's also thick and full. Don't ask me why I do this. :wallbash:

Yeah I agree. If the tips are just touching and you need 2 inch trim anyway, then you are not that length.

janeemat

Since it seem fairly normal to see women with BSL now; I think MBL is long.
(2-3 inches past the bottom of your braclasp)

Oh really:nono:! Not in my neck of the woods. I consider full APL to be long. Maybe when I get there, I will change my mind. Full APL will hit right on the top of my boobs.

prospurr4

I agree w/ the title of this thread. My perception of "long" has changed so much since I've discovered hairboards. I thought that when I reached BSL (full), that my hair would finally (for the first time in my life) be LOONGG! Well, I'M THERE, but it just doesn't seem that long to me now.

One of my goals is for my texlaxed hair to be in a thick, shrunken twistout, where the sides cover my boobs...that would be the ultimate in sexy! I figure I will have to be at WSL for that to happen.

TLC1020

I used to think APL was long :ohwell: now that I'm there its not long at all but to others outside of LHCF its long :ohwell:

BSL is long to me :spinning:

ladylibra

now that i'm closing in on BSL, i went to look at old pics when i was relaxed APL. that 3 inches doesn't seem to make much difference... i don't see my hair as THAT much longer. :perplexed i mean i can SEE that it's longer... it just doesn't seem like it's that much longer. maybe because i have layers.

i've always thought that BSL was the beginning of what i considered "long" hair to be. i guess now MBL or WL is my new "long" hair marker... LOL

ladylibra

One of my goals is for my texlaxed hair to be in a thick, shrunken twistout, where the sides cover my boobs...that would be the ultimate in sexy! I figure I will have to be at WSL for that to happen.

the day my natural hair in its shrunken state can cover my boobs... i promise y'all i will be posing topless left and right all over the Internet. (boobs covered by the hair of course) y'all will be like, "that Lady Libra, she done turned into a tramp" LOL :lachen: )

aurora3140

I used to think APL was long :ohwell: now that I'm there its not long at all but to others outside of LHCF its long :ohwell:

BSL is long to me :spinning:

TLC I think your hair looks long and it's beautiful, too! I agree with Seemingly Sweet that thickness and health makes a real difference in the perception of length. For instance, my hair is thin, so my hair at your length TLC would still appear short.

Last edited:

JustKiya

the day my natural hair in its shrunken state can cover my boobs... i promise y'all i will be posing topless left and right all over the Internet. (boobs covered by the hair of course) y'all will be like, "that Lady Libra, she done turned into a tramp" LOL :lachen: )

:lachen: :lachen:

Me & you BOTH, girl......

Hair Iam

Above SL = short
SL = medium
APL and BSL = long
BSL and MBL and WL = real long

I'll be quite satisfied at FULL BSL , I pray to accomplish this by 12/2009

mnemosyne

I'd say BSL to MBL is long for me. That's where I want to be at. Now if the magic hair fairy :fairy: could miraculously thicken my hair x2 I wouldn't mind.

Neith

Just wanted to point out that some of us need a lot more hair to cover their boobs:blondboob.

I would need A LOT of hair to cover mine, the girls hang kinda low :grin:

but yeah, I get it. I used to think that shoulder length is long.

JustKiya

Just wanted to point out that some of us need a lot more hair to cover their boobs:blondboob.

I would need A LOT of hair to cover mine, the girls hang kinda low :grin:

but yeah, I get it. I used to think that shoulder length is long.

:lachen: :lachen:

I might HAVE to be waist length.

:look:

faithful

That is too funny! We'll cheer you on! I've been wondering lately how long that is going to take for me. I could do it when my hair was relaxed. (transitioning now)

PanamasOwn

Man...Im gonna need alot of hair to cover these boobies.... (adding one more year to my hair growth chart :boredwrk:)

Lady Esquire

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: LadyLibra, from one libra to the next, I feel ya!!!

It will take me several years to get there, but I would pose for a pic that covered my boobies too, and it would be a great momemto to show my grandkids, "look how fine grannie once was...tight little body to match her luscious REAL hair"

A girl can dream......