If it doesn't cover your boobs, then it's not long...

Jas123

The Star of a Story
the day my natural hair in its shrunken state can cover my boobs... i promise y'all i will be posing topless left and right all over the Internet. (boobs covered by the hair of course) y'all will be like, "that Lady Libra, she done turned into a tramp" LOL :lachen: )
nothing to add..just wanted to say your hair is bootiful.. and you've really come a long way

FlawedBeauty

so funny you should post this cuz i was just sayin to myself last night that i think long hair is when it covers ur boobs. i used to think apl was long as well but now what im there, not so much. i think SL is short, APL is medium and BSL and beyond is long.

almondjoi85

Yes ....I agree...A soon as I meet my goal...I want to take a picture with my hair over my shoulders on each side....My boobs only being covered by my hair.....For my Hubbie........I can't wait till I'm MBL!!!!

I want to take a picture like this too! Tyra Banks did a photoshoot like that and ever since I've been dying to have my own picture like that! :lachen: I can't wait!

anon123

Just wanted to point out that some of us need a lot more hair to cover their boobs:blondboob.

I would need A LOT of hair to cover mine, the girls hang kinda low :grin:

but yeah, I get it. I used to think that shoulder length is long.

Finally! I KNEW there would come a day when my having tiny, high tatas would pay off!

J/K, there is no way in the world my natural hair will ever cover my boobs, no matter how tiny and high they are. Not even talking about my loose hair, even my twists have 50% shrinkage. I'd need about 13" of hangage starting from the nape to do that (and even then, it'd be pretty risque), which means I'd need 26" from the nape to do that, so my hair could be stretched down to my booty. guess i'll never have long hair.

Im BSL now and I feel like my hair aint ish.

Typical convo:
"Oh your hair is long!"
Man this ish? I might as well be bald. And Im so sincere about that.

This happens every time I hit a goal. I think its because Ive been BSL before and now that Im back here again its like blah. BUT I think if I get WSL or atleast full MBL Ill be okay :look: Maybe... I would say when it covers my boobs but my boobs are a lil too big AND long for me to be talking like that:yep: Id have to have hiplength hair for that goal.... SO Ill stick with back measurements:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MizAvalon

To me, BSL hair is medium. Anything above that is short/shortish.

ETA:MBL and longer is long/longish hair to me.

Last edited:

hopeful

I stand proudly in the minority: Anything past shoulder, just an inch past even, especially if it's healthy and thick, is long to me. When I see someone at bsl I'm thinking oooh her hair is pretty and long...and so is mine:grin:.

sylver2

Shoulderlength to me is long!! all hair reaching shoulder. I guess i just remeber the pains it took me to finally get to shouder length. If my har never grew any longer, i would have still been happy & satisfied.

Isis

I agree with Sylver2 and have mentioned in other threads that shoulder length is long to me. When I see it on women, especially black women, it does stand out as being long. In fact, in male forums (i.e., AskMen.com) they too see SL to just below SL as being long and as being their preference--SL or longer. :yep:

cheeks87

I agree with Sylver2 and have mentioned in other threads that shoulder length is long to me. When I see it on women, especially black women, it does stand out as being long. In fact, in male forums (i.e., AskMen.com) they too see SL to just below SL as being long and as being their preference--SL or longer. :yep:

That's the same thing my boyfriend said and I thought he was crazy. I asked him if my hair is long and he was like, once it gets past your shoulders, guys don't care. The one of his friends was describing some girl and he was like, she has long hair...like, to her shoulders.

Maybe it's just because most of the black women they see have short hair, so they think shoulder is long but....hmmm. It was interesting.

I consider BSL the beginning of "long" and MBL like, officially long.

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
To OP, I know exactly what you mean. When I put in hair over my shoulders, it doesn't cover my boobs so I think to myself it not long enough yet. So I guess MBL is my new long (on me). It used to be BSL. That being said when I see a with thick, blunt SL-APL hair, it still looks long to me.

Last edited:

skyborn09

Shoulder length and shorter = short

Just below shoulders to Armpit length = medium

Just below armpit length to BSL = long

anything beyond that is just gorgeous

KiniKakes

This is hilarious! :lol: You are so right, our standards definitely do change as our hair grows.

To me, WL is LONG. And anything beyond is just astounding! :) I am aware that people (IRL) do perceive me as having "long hair," and I don't argue with them if they tell me this. But in my mind Im thinking "Mmhmm, ya'all aint seen NUFFIN! This isnt really long hair." :lol: But i know they'd smack me if i argued and told them my hair wasnt long, so i just smile and say "Thank you."

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
That's the same thing my boyfriend said and I thought he was crazy. I asked him if my hair is long and he was like, once it gets past your shoulders, guys don't care. The one of his friends was describing some girl and he was like, she has long hair...like, to her shoulders.

Maybe it's just because most of the black women they see have short hair, so they think shoulder is long but....hmmm. It was interesting.

I consider BSL the beginning of "long" and MBL like, officially long.

I've noticed this, too. I'm having trouble making it to APL no matter what I do and I was talking to my male friend about it. I think I told him that I needed to go do my hair. He looks at me with this quixotic look and says something like: how you gonna do all that hair? It's so long. I don't see how you do it!! I was like :eek:. My hair ain't long at all in my view. But it seems that guys have a different vantage point when it comes to hair. They definitely tend to think that anything past ear length is long.

BillsBackerz67

Shoulderlength to me is long!! all hair reaching shoulder. I guess i just remeber the pains it took me to finally get to shouder length. If my har never grew any longer, i would have still been happy & satisfied.
I agree I think there is a difference when all hair is the same length or close to the same length versus a few hairs or the longest layer reaching what whatever desired length and the rest of the hair isnt.

I was watching Fresh Prince a few nights ago and the epsiodes where Ashley was about 15 or 16 her hair was shorter. It was inbetween APL and BSL but her hair was still long IMO because she was at full APL/BSL . One of the reasons why I dont like severeley layered hair. It doesnt seem as long to me if the hair isnt full.

KiniKakes

I was watching Fresh Prince a few nights ago and the epsiodes where Ashley was about 15 or 16 her hair was shorter. It was inbetween APL and BSL but her hair was still long IMO because she was at full APL/BSL . One of the reasons why I dont like severeley layered hair. It doesnt seem as long to me if the hair isnt full.

ITA! That makes all the difference.

Aaaah, her hair is gorgeous!!!!

MissFallon

When I was relaxed ans BSL I didn't consider it long. I always thought midback to waist was long. Now that I am natural and my hair is thicker and even I would consider it long when it is BSL or very close. On others I think a blunt APL is long.

fluffylocks

blunt & thick also :yep: Layerd and thin always looks so much shorter, and i have thin/fine hair myself :sad:

Above SL: Short
SL-APL: Medium
APL-BSL: Long

Anything past BSL: Really long

MissMasala5

I always thought about long hair in ethnic groups:

Blacks= SL
Whites= MBL
Indians and Mexicans= past the booty cheeks

Nowadays, any hair that is MBL is long to me, regardless. And ITA agree about the layers. My longest length, last I checked, is in the back and is between APL and BSL. My shortest length in the front is SL. Once I get the front past APL, I'll consider my hair long. Provided I keep the layers.

Lovelylocs

Im BSL now and I feel like my hair aint ish.

Typical convo:
"Oh your hair is long!"
Man this ish? I might as well be bald. And Im so sincere about that.

This happens everytime I hit a goal. I think its beacuse Ive been BSL before and now that Im back here again its like blah. BUT I think if I get WSL or atleast full MBL Ill be okay:look: Maybe... I would say when it covers my boobs but my boobs are a lil too big AND long for me to be talking like that:yep: Id hav to have hiplength hait for that goal.... SO Ill stick with back measurements:rolleyes:

I see that u like Bollywood. Am I correct? I watch Bollywood movies too! Love them! Maybe that is part of our issue. :giggle: Their hair is always so long and thick and full. :sekret: I think that they have some "help" w/that sometimes though. :sekret:

Duchesse

This thread is funny! I must seriously be a bald headed *****:lachen:

To me and my Black girl standards:

SL= regular-shortish, nice hair length
APL= healthy hair, medium longish, very nice hair
BSL= that gotsta be a weave! Ooh lawd thats some long hair lol
MBL= She got Indian in her.:rolleyes:
Anything beyond..she is Indian.

Last edited: