If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

prettykitty

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

anymore updates plz?

@HelloRosie: Yes, I believe ur right, latin meals have alot of proteins and we all know that hair really benefits from protein. No wonder your moms hair is so long and healthy.

happylocks

I was going to try the bean things, All motivated made me a whole bag, tasted, umm,
just sitting there

HelloRosie

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
I was going to try the bean things, All motivated made me a whole bag, tasted, umm,
just sitting there

[/ QUOTE ]

, try them with a bit or rice, its easier and well beans need lots of different seasons in order to taste good, even then I can't eat them alone. Lentils are best though, they are small, I like Cajun Lentil Stew (has pieces of meat in it) with a bit of rice. Beans are definitely not easy, but they're ok after you're used to them.

happylocks

I made lentils, I will try them with some chicken, they do need some favor
there a big beal(more then half bag) just going to waste, how much do u eat each day, or should eat thanks

Dubois007

I didn't read all the posts but just want to tell you guys to be careful of your cholesterol level with all that egg

AnnDriena_

It's not just eggs. It's tuna and salmon and proteins shakes too. One member said she had 2 inches of newgrowth in one month and then she noticed she'd been eating lots of protein everyday. It makes sense because hair is protein. I think I'll do the eggs in the morning in omelettes. I'll keep a protein journal and tell everyone how it goes after I do my master cleanse

HelloRosie

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
I made lentils, I will try them with some chicken, they do need some favor
there a big beal(more then half bag) just going to waste, how much do u eat each day, or should eat thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well usually eat them at dinner, about a cup. Shouldn't limit yourself to just that, its only one meal

deeplyrooted

I've been kinda slacking in the eggs department.
I've been hot and cold with it.
I'm gonna get back on track. An egg a day to get these coils growing ! ! !

NubianAngel

Does anyone know what's considered a safe frequency of egg consumption?

deeplyrooted

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Does anyone know what's considered a safe frequency of egg consumption?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know off hand, but my limit is one egg a day since one egg contains about 70% of the recommended daily allotment of cholesterol.

Seems like it's working, cause I can feel my coils flopping against the top of my back when I wash it nowadays ... this hair is on the grow!

NubianAngel

I'm gonna go for an egg per day as well, but I am wondering if eating two eggs per day two - three days per week is pushing it. Scientists aren't even so sure that the "good cholesterol" that people have been talking about in recent years is as harmless as people think.

I'm also going to eat beans more often. I'll try anything to get my hair back. I miss it already.

LEOLADYSW

I already have a high protein diet going on, but I will add more eggs to my diet. I love quiche in all of it's many forms, devilled eggs, egg custards, ... The quiches and the custards will get more milk in my diet too [lactose intolerant]. This should be a fun undertaking!

deeplyrooted

I forgot to add my progress: I've noticed significantly less shedding of my hair over the past few weeks that I've been doing this.
My hair just feels stronger when I conditioner wash, and more importantly, when I comb it. This is great when it comes to retaining length/hair. I'm glad I added the extra protein to my diet.

And I feel what you're saying, NubianAngel. I'm erring on the side of caution ... eggs are starting to taste pretty good to me
, but I'm scared to eat more than one a day.

Peachtree

Just curious...

Is anyone still participating in "egg eating" challenges, or consuming eggs on a daily basis?

If so, are u seeing any "growth" benefits?

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel said:
[ QUOTE ]
Below is a link and quote about eggs and L-cysteine. Maybe 2 eggs per day is all that's necessary.

http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/cyste2.htm

"It is very common in many foods. For instance, there are about 250 milligrams of cysteine in the yolk of an egg. (Now, perhaps, you see why the doctors tell you to NOT eat eggs? They don't want you to get those valuable proteins in the egg -- they suggest you eat carbohydrates and get sick so they can make more money giving you drugs!)"

[/ QUOTE ]

This just made me think of the Eskimos who eat raw fish and eggs for their diet and little to no greens. They somehow seem to survive. Doctors are perplex by their diet.

I love eggs. A friend of mine told me to take lots of eggs for hair growth to. She has about 6-9 eggs a day. She is 3c-4a Moroccan with hair to her tush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm.....Indians eat a lot of eggs, this could be one of the factors in their long flowing locks. This is a really good thread. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Queenie

I'm going to do the egg/day challenge for the next 2 months and see if there is any growth spurt. I started over the weekend. I could use the extra protein.

anahnamuslyyours

Sounds like I need to get on this egg thing, too. I know I need to up my protein intake since I don't really get around to eating much meat... And btw, it took me nerly 2 hours to read this thread!

Isis

This is a long but great thread (you ARE good Belladionne!). I'm still eatng at least an egg each day - I never miss a day. I forget about eating more.
The easiest way for me to eat more is to boil many eggs ahead of time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nenah

@ Isis have you noticed any difference from when you started and now.

Peachtree

Bumping... How are those "egg eating" challenges going? Anyone seeing results? .... just curious :cool:

Isis

Nappyme said:
@ Isis have you noticed any difference from when you started and now.
I've still only been eating at least one egg each day and my hair is growing at a steady rate. I don't know if I attribute that to my daily egg or not though. I feel it's everything I'm doing, including exercise. I recently increased my eggs to at least two each day and I'm sticking to it. So far, so good. I create different recipes to use the eggs in, including egg drop soup. :lick:

Queenie

I've been doing this since Thanksgiving with a two week break around New Year. I have not seen increased growth. However, I am going to continue it and increase my overall protein intake.

Jewell

This kind of makes sense...hair is 97-98% keratin which is basically protein, so why wouldn't more protein result in the body "manufacturing" or growing hair at an accelerated rate? I'm gonna try this one! I like boiled eggs w/salt n pepper! :p

Victorian

old head
I'm bumping this up...

So a couple weeks ago safeway.com was having a 2 for 1 sale on 18ct eggs so I got 2 cartons. The "sell by" date is the 6th, so needless to say I've been eating eggs like a crazy person the last couple weeks so they don't go to waste.
I've noticed recently that my nails are growing very rapidly. At first I wasn't sure what it was, especially since I haven't taken my vitamins for a while. Then it occured to me that I've been eating a ton of eggs lately. I haven't been measuring my hair or anything, but I figure if the protein has affected my nails noticeably then my hair is probably growing too. And I LOVE eggs, especially scrambled or omelets--quick to make and tasty :lick:
I think I'll continue eating eggs more often and see if I notice any increased growth (it'll be sort of qualitative since I don't really measure)

Peachtree

Hey BCardinal :wave:

Ur hair is GORGEOUS!!!!

Yep, it's prolly the eggs that increased ur nail growth. :up:

My 3yr old LUVS LUVS LUVS eggs... her hair is beyond her waist (stretched). She eats well balanced meals... so I really con't completely say it's the eggs that's doing it...but I'm sure the eggs are helping!

Last edited:

sexylonglegs

I eat eggs and Oatmeal every day and I may sneak in a piece of toast if I don't care about bloating. Eggs are good for any meal plan or diet you may be on. The Egg yolk if full of cholesterol so watch your intake. boneless, skinless chicken breast are good as well as salmon and protein shakes.