If you fornicate, but then marry the person, does this cleanse you?

cocoberry10

This is not about me:lol:

I just wonder. If someone fornicates and then marries that person, does that cleanse them of their fornication?

Galadriel

I think it corrects the impropriety of the situation, but one would still have to repent of those former actions.

Kinkyhairlady

This is not about me:lol:

I just wonder. If someone fornicates and then marries that person, does that cleanse them of their fornication?

One should always repent for their sins. So Fornication is a sin so if you do not repent even if you marry that person then it has not been forgiven by God. Always repent and ask God for forgiveness this is the only way to make sure you are forgiven.

PaperClip

Only...only...ONLY the BLOOD OF JESUS can cleanse us from sin.

Marrying the person with which one is sinning with has NO BEARING on the matter.... or I should say no HEAVENLY BEARING on the matter. It might make us feel good in the earthly realm... it's like having a shotgun wedding and hoping that nobody will do the math.... But the Lord knows.... so repent, confess the sin, and go and sin no more and if you're burning, get married... but think about the difference between some sexual burning or possibly entering into marital covenant with someone with whom one is not compatible outside of sex....

Is there a way to know which is worse: some sexual burning or a bad marriage? Not saying that two burning folk who get married will have a bad marriage but if sex was the biggest part of the relationship...?????

Last edited:

inthepink

Only...only...ONLY the BLOOD OF JESUS can cleanse us from sin.

Marrying the person with which one is sinning with has NO BEARING on the matter.... or I should say no HEAVENLY BEARING on the matter. It might make us feel good in the earthly realm... it's like having a shotgun wedding and hoping that nobody will do the math.... But the Lord knows.... so repent, confess the sin, and go and sin no more and if you're burning, get married... but think about the difference between some sexual burning or possibly entering into marital covenant with someone with whom one is not compatible outside of sex....

Is there a way to know which is worse: some sexual burning or a bad marriage? Not saying that two burning folk who get married will have a bad marriage but if sex was the biggest part of the relationship...?????

OT: I think sometimes it's taken a little bit out of context.

inthepink

What's the "it's" you're talking about? And how is "it's" taken out of context?

Oh, I was just speaking in reference to comments about better to marry than burn.

ETA: Let me clarify! I was not saying your comment was out of context. I was agreeing with your comment by saying that sometimes "it's better to marry than burn" can be taken out of context.

firecracker

That stuff ain't totally cleansed even after marriage and a out of wedlock kid. It is better to stop that burning from lust nontheless.