If You Lost Everything ...

loolalooh

If you wake up in the morning and find yourself sleeping on a bench in the park ... your home or apartment gone ... your job gone ... your family gone ... everything gone ...

If all you had the next morning remaining in your life was you ...

How would you feel? What would your response be? Would you still stand firmly next to your faith? Or ...

Does your faith depend on what you have in your life?

What sustains your faith?

Job 1:
8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
and naked I will depart.[c]
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.”

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

auparavant

Job's story was an allegorical teaching text according to what I'm taught, written by Moses. It's an excellent teaching text. Certainly, there have been people who have lost everything. Luckily, not average. None of us know what we'd do until we are in such a situation, G-d forbid. That's where the teaching of the character of Job steps in. It provides hope for the hopeless. I couldn't say for myself and pray for protection it never occurs although, I came very close.

sidney

If you wake up in the morning and find yourself sleeping on a bench in the park ... your home or apartment gone ... your job gone ... your family gone ... everything gone ...

If all you had the next morning remaining in your life was you ...

How would you feel? What would your response be? Would you still stand firmly next to your faith? Or ...

Does your faith depend on what you have in your life?

What sustains your faith?

Job 1:

First of all, I'm in awe over the hedge protecting me and mine, and yours! Praise to God, for protecting all that concerns us. And, at the same time...I realize how much I can miss the mark sometimes when unfortunate things happen! Thanksgiving is on my tongue right now...because things can and will happen to us. I am grateful for what I have!

Almaz

AT the refugee Center where I volunteer at I deal with this every day. No Allegory just in your face realness.

People do survive and persevere

Its a miracle and a blessing to be able to see this everyday in process