I'm about to pick up a blow dryer or something

diva4life

I\'m about to pick up a blow dryer or something

I haven't used one in probably close to a year, but my hair is so big and nappy. I have been alternating between a d/s pontail and a bun and just a plait folded up with a leather barette with the holes and the stick thingy. I am trying to be good, and as I stated on a previous note, also trying to hold out a little longer before relaxing, it's been 8 weeks now and that's a record for me. Any words of discouragement?

VALLEYGIRL

Re: I\'m about to pick up a blow dryer or something

if you haven't used it in a year stay away!!! How about a roller set or a twist or braid out? If you just want to smooth the new growth down what worked for me was gel and curl activator. Some gals have tied the hair down with a scarf after putting in products like Let's Jam or water and gel.
HTH
Valleygirl

VALLEYGIRL

I can't edit my post
just wanted to add the reason I said stay away from the blow dryer is b/c since you have about 8 weeks of new growth the breakage factor is pretty high b/c of you dealing with the two textures. Also the blow dryer ruins my hair pretty quickly
Valleygirl

diva4life

OMG! ValleyGirl thanks so much for responding because I hadn't even thought about it in those terms. I was just whining about how "big" my hair is when I should be thankful and you have single-handedly averted a potential disaster!!! I know I am a drama queen, can't help it. But seriously, thanks a bunch. I will probably get my hair done soon. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif