I'm Done!

JJamiah

Today I decided to take down one of the braids and I looked at how one part was ear length and the other side collar bone. I wanted to cry and I am crying because I am going to Brazil in Jan 2012 for 6 months and I really wanted to be BSL by then now I just feel like cutting everything off. And I keep yelling at myself abt why didn't I just get up and leave. Now my hair is all messed up and I don't think I will reach BSL by my goal time.

I don't think you should cut it off on impulse. If you just nurture your hair and enjoy it, make sure it is healthy, it will grow.

don't worry a lovely APL or SHoulder cut is just as mind blowing to me. I just love healthy, gorgeous and shiney hair :)

Morenita

First, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :bighug: You know what the problem is, so all you have to do now is fix it.

There was already a lot of GREAT advice given. I just want to reiterate that if your hair is truly important to you, you can and will find time to take care of it. Not to compare myself to you, but just as an example, I was hospitalized for a month, and still found ways to keep my hair protected. Granted I couldn't wash it like I wanted to, but I sure as heck protected and moisturized it. Now I have FIVE KIDS, including two newborn preemie twins, and am losing my mind, but, I am still finding ways to steal away bits of time to do what's important to me, like my hair. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

SimJam

Sorry you feel this way and have gone through all this with your hair and mom. Im sure its hard to convince a parent who does not like the fact you have gone natural, BUT IMHO beilieve that you need to learn to do you own real hair.

SL/CBL hair looks great in twists, twistouts and braidouts you need to try to master these styles and a healthy regimen

ebsalita

:bighug: you sound so frustrated and anguished.

The ladies who posted before me are all correct. Your hair will grow, if you know the right things to do in order to retain, then keep doing them and grow some danglies before you go to another person to get your hair braided again. :yep::grin:

Your hair is growing all of the time and will get there, don't despair and please no more tears - I actually feel a little sad that you're so very upset about your hair!

Come on get practical and logical about this and you will get there, but you need to help yourself, okay? :yep:

AvaSpeaks

Today I decided to take down one of the braids and I looked at how one part was ear length and the other side collar bone. I wanted to cry and I am crying because I am going to Brazil in Jan 2012 for 6 months and I really wanted to be BSL by then now I just feel like cutting everything off. And I keep yelling at myself abt why didn't I just get up and leave. Now my hair is all messed up and I don't think I will reach BSL by my goal time.

I am sensing a couple of things here.

There seems to be an EXTREME worry or obsession about your length. It's almost like is has to be BSL or longer.

Also your timing. Sometimes, because of setbacks, we may not get to the length we want in the time we want.

I think you need to start doing your hair and caring for you hair. It's not getting longer because you are not doing the things to your HAIR that needs to be done. I know you are younger, but you are old enough to know that moisture is key to retaining length with our hair and so far in your posts, I haven't heard anything about that with your regime.

Also, how often do you drink water? Are you taking vitamins? Are you doing hot oil treaments or at least using something like Carrot Oil or Jojoba oil on your scalp?

The things that alot of ladies are doing to get their hair longer, I don't hear them from you. And try to change the mentality of your timeframe for your hair. Unless you really start doing the things you need to do for you hair, then you will have to alter your timetable.

But if you DO start doing the things you need to do for your hair, then maybe you will get to your length or maybe another length that is longer than what you have, like APL. :yawn:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I feel your frustration. Growing hair out takes patience and time. Some people hair seems to grow with ease others don't. I do think its easier to master taking care of your hair and probably ps'ing with a wig. If you don't know what to do with your hair then learn. I trying to learn how to cornrow, looks a hot mess but i m learning.I stopped perming and braids. I will only weave and braid if i have vacation to go on other than that my hair is braided up in some huge braids under a wig. You also have to figure out what works for you hair and have patience give it time it will grow. I want to be sl but i know my hair grows slow so it might not come until next year and i am okay with that. If i could give you any advice please don't cut your hair out of frustration. I did this because of all the perm damage in the front of my hair and now the back of my hair is like 4 inches ahead of the front.....oh well just waiting for everything to grow out.
It will be okay learn to ps and it will grow back and longer and stronger than ever.