I'M LOSING TO MUCH HAIR

pbuckley

I\'M LOSING TO MUCH HAIR

Heres my routine, on Friday night I wash my hair(i use pantene shampoo for naturals and relaxed, and condition with cholestrol, use the pantene leave in creme along with rosamery and lavender oils as leave in) I put my hair in 7 plaits and sit under the dryer for at least 30 minuts, and go to sleep, saturday I unravel and wear my hair down, then the rest of the week until friday again I wear my hair down in a ponytail. On ever wash day, I have strands on top of strands coming out of my hair. I wash and detangle in the shower. I have the shower wall from one end to the other with strands, no breakage whole STRANDS, is this normal what can I do. Also during the week some strands may fall when I am putting oils in my hair to be moisturied but I don't really comb the ponytail just rub oils on it and my hair. Please help, growing considerened that I am doing something wrong. By the way I am also 26inches and 4a/4b

GiGi55799

Re: I\'M LOSING TO MUCH HAIR

If this is just shedding(whole strands with a white bulb on the end)then this is perfectly normal. However if it is breakage, perhaps you are manipulating your hair too much. HTH. Good luck!

moneychaser

If you don't comb your hair ALL week, then I would say the shedding is normal

Don't worry...

pbuckley

Okay thanks, I am so new to all of this, I have been going to beauticians ever since I can remember, but since I moved to GA I was expericing so much breakage. I stopped going and for the past two months I have been doing my hair at home, no more breakage, but I am losing soooo many strands. I mean when I have the conditioner in and I comb with the k cutter strands just fall out. Also is it ok to wear the ponytail so often? I have it in a panty hose ponytail holder, and I don't see much of any hair on it when I take it out. But now I am starting to worry about my hairline and if it will thin because of the weekly ponytails.

Dolce_Dawn

Hi, pbuckley
-

Curious: Have you switched relaxers recently? Is your hair over/under processed at all? Is the cholesterol conditioner a protein one? (Protein is supposed to help ease shedding).

Shedding is normal. Excessive shedding is not. Only you know the difference as far as what would be normal for you.

Hmm... that's all I can think of right now.

pbuckley

You know what I think my hair may be under processed, I have some curl patterns and some straight. Do you think this may cause the shedding? I think its bordering on excessive, but I haven't really been doing this long enough to know the difference. The cholesterol is the one in the jar with aloe I don't think it has protein in it, I should try a protein which one do you suggest?