i'm obsessed with my hair!!!

godsflowerrr

hey yall! first I want to say that I'm new to the LHCF and I'm so happy to finally become a member! I have learned so much from you guys!! thanks sooooo much!!! I have posted this message on another site but i didn't get much of a response so I kinda still feel alone here...am I by myself here? maybe you guys can identify with me more. i'm obsessed with my hair and with hair in general. I'm always on hair forums looking up new ways to take care of my hair. ways to grow it long, weave it, braid it, wig it, relax it, texturize it, flat iron it, curl it, shampoo it, no poo it, deep condition it---all that stuff. i'm always trying new hairstyles and before i'm really into one hairstyle i'm planning another As soon as I put a long weave in immediately i want to try a short one. when I wear my hair natural, eventually I want to perm it, then cut it all of and wear it natural again and maybe texturize it in between. I've worn buzz cuts and hair down to my butt and i have tried almost every color.I buy every hair mazagine even if the magazine is showing the same old pics over and over. I love hair shows and I have spent hunderds of dollars on hair weave, flat irons, blow dryers and hair products. I'm a product junkie. I have so many products that I dont even use. If i see a lady with nice hair I always ask my husband if he would like me to try her hair style and he always replies "i don't care babe." I never really payed attention to my obsession until my husband said to me a couple of days ago " why are you so obsessed with your hair?" I was like huh? me? whaaaat? then I thought about it and realized that he is right. I am obsessed! I'm gonna try to simmer down a bit and not spend so much money on hair products but i'm still gonna change up my look a lot. He likes long hair but other than that he can care less how I wear my hair. with the knowledge that I got from this site I have been able to grow my real hair to a really nice length and i want to let my hair grow to about waistlength.... can anyone identify with my obsession?

1st off welcome to the board!!! Glad to have you here! And yes, it does sound like you are certifiably obssessed! :lol: I think that I was that way when I first found this board but I have calmed down a lot. I found a set of products that work well for me and I stick to those and I wear my hair in such a way that its taking care of itself (well, almost) and my hair is healthy. I don't know though...we might have to site you as a special case with the extent of your obsession!! I am just messing with ya, but I really am glad you're here to hang out with us!
Peace!

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! :yep:

Hi and welcome to LHCF! I know it's exciting to learning about new ways to take care of your hair and new products. Enjoy your helathy hair journey!

Hello, and girl I'm sure you posted in the right forum. I know the ladies here love there hair, whether short, long, relaxed, texturized, or natural. Everyone has either been a PJ or is a recovering one, lol, and if it hadn't hit ya then good for you, but I know how you feel. I love my hair and want the best for it just like the rest of me. Don't worry your not alone, BTW your post funny, it was like I was sitting right next to you while you told your story. :cool:

I am so glad that you posted this tonight because I was just about to walk in the door, take a seat at my computer and write "Hello my name is Hottopic and I am a product Junkie." I bought hair products everyday this week. I have 1 jumbo gym bag, 1 dresser draw, 1 box, 1 storage box, and a space in the closet, and 1 bathroom draw........filled with hair products. And I am still buying more. I don't even use the darn things...I am so bad. It's to the point I went to walgreens tonight to look at their clearance rack in the back to see what hair poducts they have. I found 1 NTM Serum and 1 QP conditioning gel....2 great finds for only $5.40 total...Yeah, I know they are great finds...But I drive around for deals like this all the time after work, on the weekends..I hunt for clips, products,rollers....anything and everything to do with hair, at a discounted rate, I am want it. The way I look at it, I save money if I buy it now, so in the future when I am out I already have it at 70% than what it's normally for. Yeah but now when you are buying it by the truckload all the time, you lose lots of $$$.....I am going in braids on Friday, I can not take it any more. I was not going to do braids for this stretch, but dang it if I keep thinking about my hair ......I am.....AHHHHHHH. I am after one year 2 months you would have thought I would have calm down by now right...:)

**After all that welcome to LHCF** :kiss:

Welcome!
I think you're at the right place for hair obsession ;)

Wow, you have done a lot of different things with your hair, great album!

Last edited:
Welcome! I went through that phase too. I'm still a bit of a PJ but I have calmed down a lot. Whenever you see a thread about a new product, take a deep breath or maybe walk away from the computer before you open it.

ETA: I love your pics!!! The texturizer was so cute!

Last edited:
Welcome! :wave: I feel ya on being obsessed. My hair's been braided one week today and I'm ready itching to take them out.

LOL. Great story. You've done soo much to your hair, wow. Nice pics too. You've definately come to the right place though for hair obsessions. Don't expect to be cured AT ALL!:grin: WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

I am brand new to LHCF as well and I can definitely say that I am obsessed with my hair. And like a previous post said, this is definitely a good place for people who are obsessed with their hair. I sometimes find myself on here for hours and hours just looking for tips and product reviews. I even went out last night to the BSS and bought even more shampoo and conditioner to add to my already enourmous collection. This site has really helped me with my hair growth journey even though I just decided to grow my hair back out last month after two years of a short do. I LOVE LHCF!!! :D

wow I'm not alone:lol: !!!!!!!thank you ladies for all of you positive comments. i feel so much better now. lol i love this site although i hope that this site will not feed into my obsession and make it worse :lol: someone emailed telling me about msm conditioner (you know who you are lol:lol: ) and i'm already asking her where can i get it..uh oh, is that a bad sign....... i have only been a member for less than 24 hours:grin:
thank u ladies again!!

Welcome Aboard- You have definitely come to the right place. BTW- You hair is beautiful. I am still a PJ- Not as bad as was- But now i still have a wish list. Anywho- i hope that you enjoy your stay here and one quick question- are you currently natural or relaxed or texturized?

Godsflowerr-

First of all let me say...your hair is so dark & shiny! I really like it. Second, I am also hair obsessed. I've been wearing braids since October 2004 and it is driving me crazy! Since I can't get my "hair fix" by doing stuff to my own hair, I've become a "hair stalker." I'm always eyeballing someone's hair...online, on the street, on TV, whatever. There is this particular girl with BEAUTIFUL hair who comes into my office sometimes. If I see her in the hall I'll pretend to have to go to the bathroom or something just so I can walk by and look at her hair. It's a sickness, I know.

Welcome! It is nice having you here. I am also a newbie. I only started posting in the beginning of February! Please feel free to ask any questions you have or post what has been working for you. :p

1.gif
to LHCF, godsflowerrr! HHG! :drunk:

Back