I'm revisiting this whole blow-dryer-with-comb-attachment idea...

zzirvingj

This past Saturday I blow dried my hair with my cousin's dryer, which comes with a comb attachment. This was my first time using one of these. Sorry but I don't have the brand of the dryer...it was a cheap tourmaline ionic 1875 watt, though.

I always blow dry my hair with a dryer and separate paddle brush. It was sooo much easier with the comb attachment!! My hair was sectioned off into about 7 big twists. I unraveled each twist one at a time, and blow dried it that way.

The biggest issue I had was with the length of the "nozzle"....it's too long IMO. But I just may have to invest in maybe the Andis version, which isn't shaped that way (I'm going to come back and post a pic of the Andis one I'm talking about).

gabulldawg

I love blowdrying with a comb attachment. That's the only type of blowdryer I use when I straighten my hair. :yep: It seems like the other way (blowdryer and separate comb/brush) takes too long, and I end up using more heat on my hair.

Eclass215

I haven't blow dried without a comb attachment in probably over 10 years. The first time I did was when I recently tried the tension method I learned about here on this site. I liked doing it that way for my twist out, but not for when I press my hair.

dlewis

I have a gold n hot with comb attachment. I don't use it often. My last one lasted over 10 years. It gets my hair straighter than any other dryer I tried (but it's still not that straight).

I'm glad you found an easier way.

pmichael52172

I just returned my nozzle dryer with pik attachment b/c it was too long and awkward. Found a Conair Ionic hatchet style dryer on Target.com for $20 and it should arrive by Sat. I can work thje old school hand held better AND it's Ionic which is what I was looking for. Plus, I'm not much of a blowdryer and am not ready for serious business yet so I didn't want to spend a grip yet.

Faith

1875? It's conair. I prefer the comb attachment myself. I don't have the coordination to use a separate comb/brush..too much work and in the end very frizzy, unstraightened hair.

glamazon386

I started using the comb at home too. It's less work on the arms. It doesn't get quite as straight initially as it does with the brush but I fix that when I flat iron.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
I just returned my nozzle dryer with pik attachment b/c it was too long and awkward. Found a Conair Ionic hatchet style dryer on Target.com for $20 and it should arrive by Sat. I can work thje old school hand held better AND it's Ionic which is what I was looking for. Plus, I'm not much of a blowdryer and am not ready for serious business yet so I didn't want to spend a grip yet.

I like the old school blowout comb better too. Its easier to handle, so it takes less time and work to blow dry. Also, I lose less hair :grin:. The ionic one sounds good... off to look for it :yep:

longhairlover

my blow dryer is an andis tourmaline/ionic blow dryer i love it, it has been the only dryer that gets hot and with practice you will become comfortable using the pic attachment, i like using the paddle brush too though.

ghd has a good blow drying paddle brush.

This past Saturday I blow dried my hair with my cousin's dryer, which comes with a comb attachment. This was my first time using one of these. Sorry but I don't have the brand of the dryer...it was a cheap tourmaline ionic 1875 watt, though.

I always blow dry my hair with a dryer and separate paddle brush. It was sooo much easier with the comb attachment!! My hair was sectioned off into about 7 big twists. I unraveled each twist one at a time, and blow dried it that way.

The biggest issue I had was with the length of the "nozzle"....it's too long IMO. But I just may have to invest in maybe the Andis version, which isn't shaped that way (I'm going to come back and post a pic of the Andis one I'm talking about).

*ElleB

This isn't too much tension on the hair?
I was thinking of doing this b/c I am hopeless at the round brush method. lol.

locabouthair

I hardly use heat.

The last tiem I used heat, months ago, I blowdried but without the attachment. I used a wide tooth comb and would comb while I was using the blowdryer. My hair didnt come out very straight. I looked natural to be honest:look: But maybe it was my technique since I dont use heat often.

Soliel185

I had a Conair Yellowbird - I loved that dryer. :nono:

My hair killed it though. I would air dry in a bun or another stretched style overnight, and then go through it in sections with the comb attachment. B/c my hair was stretched and 85-90% dry it came out very straight, I didn't have to use as much heat, and the whole process took about 15-20 mins. I felt better about it on semi dry hair, b/c the strands felt sturdier - for the round brush method to really straighten my hair it had to be soaking wet.

usually after using the dryer it was so straight I barely had to flat iron. If I wrapped it it would come out completely straight.

Afrolinda

My dryer is also one with a comb attachment. I always use it when I'm about to flat iron my hair ( it's actually one from the UK ).

Last edited:

topsyturvy86

I don't blow dry with a comb anymore because I think I loose too much hair. I have fine relaxed hair and I think running through a section over and over again puts tension on the hair. I usually airdry and when I don't have enough time, I blow dry without a comb and the end result looks air dried.

HoneyDew

I wish I could. I like the way it gets my hair straight. But my hair cannot take it over time.

I cannot use the comb attachment. But alone, I can tell that I can flatiron straighter than when I airdry.

yamilee21

I've always used a comb attachment for blow-drying; I've never been able to do it any other way. But I would like to find a better quality comb attachment - something seamless that won't break after 4-5 uses.