I’m so freaking tired of my hair!!

Whimsicalgodess

rant: Right now I have starter traditional locs in. I’m over them. Before that I had starter microlocs, got bored and hated how much the upkeep was to retighten.

Before that, I was natural. Things were going good until about a year and a half in. I said to myself, if I detangle one more time, I’m shaving it all off. My hair was a tangled, dry hot mess no matter what I did or put on it.

before that I was relaxed. Hated how after a week my hair looked limp and greasy. I missed the way it was flowy after a fresh relaxer, but because heat is bad for your hair. I couldn’t just flat iron it once a week, I had to do braid outs and Bantu knot outs, etc. styles I have no energy for anymore.

At one time I was constantly in braids. LOVED it. Too bad I was in high school and my parents paid for it. It costs too much to keep getting braids with my own money. Not to mention the time it took to get them put in and to take down. No thanks…,

the only time I enjoy my hair (no protective style) is when I BC. That small TWA that doesn’t need to be detangled. It takes a second to wash and put product in my hair. If it didn’t make me look masculine I’d chop it off right now.

I don’t know, maybe I’ll do a short pixie cut, but I feel like that’s high maintenance….

I hate having hair.

Evolving78

Hang in there. You gotta go through the process to get to the other side! Lol you have to direct your focus on something else. Usually when we get complacent, the first thing we want to change is our hair since it’s something we have direct control over. But hang in there with your locs.

frizzy

I'm in the same place with my hair, so I've been cutting it over last few months. I'm gonna trim and shape the sides and back with the clippers this evening. I'm almost done....with having any hair left on my head.

It's like a new lease on life! :look:

Whimsicalgodess

Hang in there. You gotta go through the process to get to the other side! Lol you have to direct your focus on something else. Usually when we get complacent, the first thing we want to change is our hair since it’s something we have direct control over. But hang in there with your locs.
Maybe that’s what’s going on. I hate where I’m living (place and town). We are moving back to California soon, but my mental health has greatly declined since we’ve been in the Midwest. I’m from here and I HATE it here. To the winters and humid summers full of bugs and wet spring and reserved people. I can’t stand this area

Alta Angel

I definitely hear you. I started my small traditional locs in July 2020. I must admit that I wasn't as concerned about how my starter locks looked because it was a crazy time. I was able to "trust the process!"and leave my hair alone. Now at 11 months, I am starting to turn a corner. Locs are all about patience. I thought my transition from relaxed to natural was a bear...this loose natural to loc'ed transition has been ROUGH.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I started my braidloc/ micro loc journey 5.22.21 For now, Ive been plopping a wig on when I leave the house .. (until they stop looking anorexic lol)

I've been braiding/ banding and washing 1x a week and thats about it.
Oil scalp and jojoba oil on length after wash.
Might spritz with distilled water and lavender mid week and seal with jojoba oil.
pretty simple.

I am looking forward to when I can use conditioner again.

IF I am ever "over it" with my loc journey- I will then plan on keeping a permanent low cut/ buzz chop in my 40s+