I'm sooo mad...

monieluv

listen to this. i was taking down my niece's braids when i noticed the lady tied a knot in the braid to keep it from unravelling then put glue on top of it. i mean, she tied the knot on my niece's hair and put glue on top of that. :angry2: it took forever to take the braids out, and now it's hell to wash the glue out. i feels like super glue, and it's breaking her hair. i did 2 washes and now a deep (over night) conditioner. what can i use to remove the glue with out breaking her hair?

ShiShiPooPoo

I found this online on how to get super glue out of the hair. I don't know if it will work or what effect it will have on her hair but maybe you could try it on just one to see if it will come out? I hate that this happened. Why do they do this? They couldn't POSSIBLY think this is a good thing.
HTH.

Acetone Acetone, will remove super glue I am a witness to that. This women who did not know what she was doing put it all over my hair instead of my braids but anyways acetone works for sure. The thing is you have to keep working it in with your hand or a cotton ball. I preferred my hands it worked quicker so try that for sure. You can get it at sally's beauty supply store, they carry pure acetone. keep posting these blogs becuase it saved my hair so I'm just passing it on.

Moroni

If the acetone works to remove the superglue, make sure to use something super conditioning, because acetone is extremely drying. You might also try the hardware store for superglue remover. HTH

PureSilver

If it's hair glue, u can try bond remover found at any bss, or if its another type of glue(god forbid) girl i don't know what to tell you to use. Hell i'd be outraged. I might go as far as make her lose her license. That's if she has one.:whip:

monieluv

If it's hair glue, u can try bond remover found at any bss, or if its another type of glue(god forbid) girl i don't know what to tell you to use. Hell i'd be outraged. I might go as far as make her lose her license. That's if she has one.:whip:

my sister said that she's a licensed beautian but works from her house. i'm sorry. i never heard of using nail glue on braids. i'm use to knots only.

longhairlover

the weave glue remover. i'm sure she used weaving glue.

I had this lady do that to my hair also with cornrows, i mean i prefer rubber bands, why in the world would u knot someones real hair

listen to this. i was taking down my niece's braids when i noticed the lady tied a knot in the braid to keep it from unravelling then put glue on top of it. i mean, she tied the knot on my niece's hair and put glue on top of that. :angry2: it took forever to take the braids out, and now it's hell to wash the glue out. i feels like super glue, and it's breaking her hair. i did 2 washes and now a deep (over night) conditioner. what can i use to remove the glue with out breaking her hair?

MizAvalon

Glue in hair? I will never understand it.:nono:

I'm so sorry this happened to your niece, I hope her hair is ok.

sjprincess182

When I used to get my hair braided they used to put Krazy glue or nail glue on the hair to keep the hair from unravaling. This is pretty common (around NY at least...). I used pure acetone when they put the glue on my natural hair. It was a pain!!!! I used a cotton ball with the acetone and just worked it on the glue and it eventually loosed up.

monieluv

Glue in hair? I will never understand it.:nono:

I'm so sorry this happened to your niece, I hope her hair is ok.

i used a wide tooth comb with loads of conditioner to comb it out. but chucks kept coming out where the glue was attached. soto salvage what she has left,i bought some acetone to help. i hope it works.