I'm still having scalp problems...HELP!

Tru_Mind

I'm just starting to post again. I became a lurker...again.

Anyway, I'm still having scalp problems. It's only my crown area. I don't know what to put on it. I don't wear my hair in its natural state because of my scalp. My scalp condition causes my hair to break at the root in the crown area once it reaches a certain length. My crown thins, so I end up having to cut or trim the rest on my hair to even it out...or to make it look more balanced. My hair grows fast...but I can't keep it because of my scalp.

I used to let the relaxer sit on my scalp...it no longer burned me anymore, so it didn't matter if the relaxer touched my scalp (I didn't know any better). I did see a doctor...not a Dermatologist when I was a teen. I did have some type of fungus, but the doctor never told me not to relax. I don't think that I gave my scalp a chance. Over the years I changed relaxers in search for a better one, stretched out my relaxers, and then I decided to stop relaxing(I feel in love with my new growth)...and yes my scalp did get better and is better than it was...but I'm still having a problem. HELP!

I can't use anything greasy...I even tried Neosporin (got the idea from a post on this site). I had to wash my hair...it was too greasy. I don't have much hair on my head. I have the largest amount of hair in the crown area...but I've noticed that it's not as much as I thought the breakage/short hairs makes it look fuller than it actually is. The sides and the back are thin, so I can't use anything greasy...I wish that I could use the Neosporin.:mad:

http://public.fotki.com/TruMind/
My password is hairstuff

-tru

Last edited:

Keen

try adding rosemary oil to your shampoo and conditioner. when surge tore up my scalp, rosemary cured it.

hopeful

Tru_mind,
I wish I had some good advice but I really don't. If you have good health insurance I would just recommend working it to the max until you find a doctor who can help you clear up the problem. Your hair is so pretty, when I first joined LHCF I loved looking at your fotki, it breaks my heart that your hair keeps breaking.

Good luck,
~Hopeful

sassyhair

try dr. miracles healing oil....I got a sample of it from a beauty supply store and it is marvelous, his line is major on the "feel it" effect, I applied it and hour ago and I am still feeling it now.

Tru_Mind

Thanks ladies! It feel like I've tried everything. I've tried Dr. Miracles products before. Yes, I did feel something working, but I ended up putting too much and I had to wash my hair. When that happens I usually stop using that product...especially if I just wash my hair. :mad: I've tried MTG too. I think that I'm just impatient. I want it NOW!

Hopeful, you've read my mind. Before I went to sleep my decision was to find a doctor that could help. Thanks for the comment, because I constantly close my album because I have no updates(no progress).

-tru

Tru_Mind

mscounselor said:
Do you have a flaky scalp problem or something else?

I'm not sure, because I use hair oils...but I think that I would have a flaky scalp. I know that when I feel my crown area with my fingers certain areas are still tender. However, quarter size sections at a time are healing(I guess that's what you call it healing) graaaadually...but I don't want to wait forever. My entire crown area used to be tender, so something is happening...well I'm doing something right.

-tru

mscounselor

Oh wow! Ok...stick with the dermatologist. If it were just a dandruff/flaky scalp then I would recommend the ACV rinse. My scalp is doing better since I tried that.

hopeful

tru_mind said:
Thanks ladies! It feel like I've tried everything. I've tried Dr. Miracles products before. Yes, I did feel something working, but I ended up putting too much and I had to wash my hair. When that happens I usually stop using that product...especially if I just wash my hair. :mad: I've tried MTG too. I think that I'm just impatient. I want it NOW!

Hopeful, you've read my mind. Before I went to sleep my decision was to find a doctor that could help. Thanks for the comment, because I constantly close my album because I have no updates(no progress).

-tru

I am so happy. Now, if the first doctor kinda scratches his head and says give it time, then just go to another doctor and another if you have to. When I've had problems like this in the past I just become determined that I am going to find someone who can help me solve the problem and I am usually successful. Poor thing, your scalp should not be tender, I know somebody can help you heal your scalp completely. Then we will all be anxiously awaiting your updates:)!

Tru_Mind

hopeful said:
I am so happy. Now, if the first doctor kinda scratches his head and says give it time, then just go to another doctor and another if you have to. When I've had problems like this in the past I just become determined that I am going to find someone who can help me solve the problem and I am usually successful. Poor thing, your scalp should not be tender, I know somebody can help you heal your scalp completely. Then we will all be anxiously awaiting your updates:)!

Awww...thanks! You are so kind.:)

-tru