I'm tired of putting smelly oils on my scalp

isawstars

I've been using WHGO and MTG for a while now... I've become self-conscious about how my hair smells even though i only oil my scalp once maybe twice a week.

Does anyone use an oil (perhaps a mix of EOs) or a light grease on their scalp that actually smells DECENT?

I know i can use deodorizers to mask the WHGO + MTG smell but I don't like to put a lot of products in my hair.

Radianthealth

I used peppermint oil and started making my own MTG with sulfur powder. Lately I have not been using it, because I don't think it is worth it, and I think a clean scalp gives you just as much of a benefit as using all that stuff. The WGHO worked great once then it started to make my hair gummy.

isawstars

trimbride said:
I don't think it is worth it, and I think a clean scalp gives you just as much of a benefit as using all that stuff.

These past few weeks I stopped oiling my scalp to see if i really need it. The first week I was fine... but now I'm noticing that it's getting dry and my new growth has become dry too, so i'm just looking for something light to use 1 or 2 times a week.

carameldiva

i use a grapeseed oil/safflower oil/olive oil/rosemary oil blend during the week and on the night before washing i use castor oil.