Imprisoning Women And Not Covering Birth Control Are Now On The Table In The Abortion Fight

dicapr

So if you've been raped and cant prove it, you have to:

1. Take work time off to give birth to your rapists child;
2. Bear the nightmare of giving birth to a child you did not ask for
3. Face the decision of giving up this child or keeping it, but possibly resenting it (in part.)
4. Risk YOUR life to have this baby. All childbirth comes with an inherent risk, not just women with known health issues.
5. The victim is now immeasurably punished not just by the criminal but by the system tasked to protect her freedoms. I see law suits...

The list goes on.....

We are backsliding. This is unbelievably injurious to a population already disadvantaged by this country's historic treatment of race, inherited poverty, educational disparities and gender obstacles.

They are winning.

But they Hillary’s emails was all we could hear during the election. Republicans were playing the long game and the rest of the country was not.

ThirdEyeBeauty

I partly feel these type of laws are to save white people in the U.S. as this population decreases. Save the WP by all means necessary even if there is an increase in poor people. Gun rights are fine. Children in need of adoption are not high priority. WP dying of opioid overdose is a crisis.

Ivonnovi

"They" won't stop until they see their dream come true: Women: barefoot, pregnant & [out of the workforce] in the Kitchen. BW will be back to being domestic helpers.

They are trying to make Women into being Sharecroppers of their own wombs....again.

Last edited:

ThirdEyeBeauty

"They" won't stop until they see their dream come true: Women: barefoot, pregnant & [out of the workforce] in the Kitchen. WW will be back to being domestic helpers.

They are trying to make Women into being Sharecroppers of their own wombs....again.
BW are overall a resilient group. BW will overcome. Now if BM would work more on themselves together they will be a powerful force in the U.S.

intellectualuva

They are going to overwhelm their own foster care systems.

How are they going to force these women to take care of these children? And if so, can they afford to provide services to these women/families?

Alabama can't afford to be so dumb.

Yep. I guess 46/50th in health and/or education.....maybe they can be.

I completely understand women dropping their rapist's baby off into the system. I know I dont even want kids with a man I love...I cant imagine. There are women who do it and I salute them. I wonder if Alabama is a state where you'd have to share custody with your rapist too. Call me whatever you want. You want these kids here, then all these life begins with conception folks and the system should step up and take care of them.

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
I've seen so many women, all white, offering homes to stay in, money, plan b pills they can over night, transportation and etc because of this. It warmed my heart.
It’s going to turn into an Underground Railroad. I can’t believe it but then again, they are setting it up so it can go to the Supreme Court that Mitch turtle made sure was stacked with conservative judges to overturn roe v. Wade.

naturalgyrl5199

BW may be resilient, but we need to be PLANNING. Making moves to overcome this high tuition our children will be faced with when they graduate for our boys and our girls. Like FRFR dig in, lean in. Make sure they are recession-proof and BS proof. The divide between the rich and the poor is widening. Right now, these are times of straight/no chaser SURVIVAL.
Do not take your foot off the breaks and push that on your children. Stay healthy so you can reduce your risk of an untimely health-related death if possible. We really need to do what we must to get these next 2 generations through the long haul. This ish isn't getting no better. In our Game of Thrones thread we always talk about "winter is coming" a period in the book of trying times, times of lack, cold to come. AKA the "long night"
Just like some jobs, salaries are recession-proof...so we have to set things up....keep pushing Black Excellence... People been telling us for at least since I was in college over 10 years ago: Women's Reproductive Rights are on the line. Black voting rights are on the line. Now...this ish is HAPPENING. Has happened.

Note: The abortion ban will adversely affect transmen (Female to Male transgender men). In my line of work, FTM transmen can and do get pregnant because they are having quite a bit of heterosexual unprotected sex. Many have been raped. Many are having casual sex with male friends. It was on my FB---so there is that.

madamdot

"They" won't stop until they see their dream come true: Women: barefoot, pregnant & [out of the workforce] in the Kitchen. BW will be back to being domestic helpers.

Yup.

Women are often the backbone of minority groups. Black women hold the black community together. Think about what would happen if it was easy to turn 50% of us into criminals. Our upward mobility would go away. All these black women getting advanced degrees and high paying jobs helping to support our families home and abroad and holding the community together can now be a criminal. Lots of opportunities dry up when you are a criminal. Men are often given second chances - we are not.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Yup.

Women are often the backbone of minority groups. Black women hold the black community together. Think about what would happen if it was easy to turn 50% of us into criminals. Our upward mobility would go away. All these black women getting advanced degrees and high paying jobs helping to support our families home and abroad and holding the community together can now be a criminal. Lots of opportunities dry up when you are a criminal. Men are often given second chances - we are not.
This is what makes it frustrating that so many black women are looking at this as a white woman problem. Even if the few upwardly mobile women in the average black family manage to stay out of the abortion radar, what happens when she's already carrying the whole family and a sister or other close relative who already got kids is facing jailtime behind an abortion. That's bail money, lawyer money and who go take care of the kids if she got to stay in jail until trial? Would "you" let your nieces and nephews go into foster care? I wouldn't have a problem doing it but I already see the world of poo that somebody like my niece who got married last year will be facing with her 7 siblings who have 20+ children between them.

Miss_Luna

I think this requires that Black women really get into mentoring our young women.

These men are still going to be out here feeding them lies and they have no way to protect themselves, well they do but we've all been young and naive at one point.

I'll admit to not doing enough on my part to mentor the next generation, but I think things like this will really set us back and this is one way of them trying to slow and stop our progress.

ETA: Let's not forget that Black women have the highest maternal mortality rates and now we're supposed to try to endure forced pregnancies?!? No, no, no, smh

Last edited:

Layluh

@Crackers Phinn

Girl one of the groups I was in used a hashtag and called it the underground railroad. Do you know the only time a bw said anything in the whole entire thread was to go off about how mayo feminists are coopting Harriet Tubman's underground railroad.

I get the outrage but is that all you have to say?Anyway so now they're calling it camping which is ingenious.

Thank God for white feminists fighting the good fight. We too scared to piss our useless family off.

brg240

“State Senator Linda Coleman-Madison proposed an amendment to the bill that would require the state to provide free prenatal and medical care for mothers who had been denied an abortion by the new law. Her amendment was struck down by a vote of 23-6.”

:/
if they cared about these lives like they said they did, you wouldn’t do this.

Farida

Honestly I considered myself staunchly pro-life until I did some soul-searching.

Abortion still gives me pause. But until these white folks can show me they truly care about the welfare of women and children - especially of color...no thanks!

The hypocrisy is many of the legislators are cheaters who pay off mistresses and for abortions.

Many don’t support free, accessible birth control, healthcare. They don’t support maternity leave, paid leave, free tuition etc. Truly pro-birth. Not necessarily even birth because they oppose the free prenatal healthcare and delivery costs. Even 3rd world countries have paid maternity leave.

Most of these republican white men, just like Trump are pro-life simply for the votes. They know many evangelicals are single-issue voters on abortion.

In fact, I honestly believe many don't even truly want Roe to be overturned or to ban abortion on a federal level. Because once that's over, they will lose votes. The constant promise of eliminating abortion is campaign promise gold. Once they lose that sacred cow, then what? Probably on to cry for "religious freedom" which is BS because white Christians have it easy here.

It is all politics. And I am disgusted. Let pregnancy be between a woman, her.doctor and God.

Last edited:

Lady S

I am livid.

There's so much bad science in these bills, it's insane. The heartbeat bills conveniently ignore that in a best case scenario where a woman has a regular period, the alarm bell of a missed period isn't going to kick in until 4th- 5th week. Even if you take a pregnancy test, it's recommended that the earliest you take it is the first day after your missed period. Some of us have inconsistent cycles or cycles thrown off by anything. I have PCOS, my cycle varies, I can and have gone months without a period, it really wouldn't be a red flag. Especially in situations when birth control failed. Women are going to die because of this bill. You can't reimplant an ectopic pregnancy. I'm seeing pictures of so called babies at 6 weeks that are definitely not at 6 weeks. A 6 week embryo looks like an alien shrimp and is tiny. So, if it's all about life and life starts at conception, why are Anti-Choicers using misleading pictures? It's almost as if the Anti-Choice stance is purely an emotional reaction. Hmm.

There have been so many mass shootings that it hardly makes news anymore, so if life is so precious and so important, why do we get thoughts and prayers instead of an assault rifle ban? Where's the affordable health care, decent maternity leave, affordable child care, affordable adoption, etc?! It's such a con!

Did I mention I live in Ohio?

I wrote a whole rant about it on FB and one of my sister in laws blocked me. It's probably for the best, because I will most likely be plastering my time line with anything and everything to fight this nonsense.

nyeredzi

I am livid.

There's so much bad science in these bills, it's insane. The heartbeat bills conveniently ignore that in a best case scenario where a woman has a regular period, the alarm bell of a missed period isn't going to kick in until 4th- 5th week. Even if you take a pregnancy test, it's recommended that the earliest you take it is the first day after your missed period. Some of us have inconsistent cycles or cycles thrown off by anything. I have PCOS, my cycle varies, I can and have gone months without a period, it really wouldn't be a red flag. Especially in situations when birth control failed. Women are going to die because of this bill. You can't reimplant an ectopic pregnancy. I'm seeing pictures of so called babies at 6 weeks that are definitely not at 6 weeks. A 6 week embryo looks like an alien shrimp and is tiny. So, if it's all about life and life starts at conception, why are Anti-Choicers using misleading pictures? It's almost as if the Anti-Choice stance is purely an emotional reaction. Hmm.

There have been so many mass shootings that it hardly makes news anymore, so if life is so precious and so important, why do we get thoughts and prayers instead of an assault rifle ban? Where's the affordable health care, decent maternity leave, affordable child care, affordable adoption, etc?! It's such a con!

I wrote a whole rant about it on FB and one of my sister in laws blocked me. It's probably for the best, because I will most likely be plastering my time line with anything and everything to fight this nonsense.
Some abortion places will not even perform abortion until they can confirm how far along you are, because you can't be too far along, right? But you can't reliably confirm via ultrasound until 5 or 6 weeks. So you can't even have an abortion until you are that far along. So if you ban abortion from then, you've simply banned abortion.

I really don't like, too, all the weight given to the small percentage of abortions that are the result of rape. I feel that's a bad tactic, because even if they make an exception for rape, that is unsatisfactory. I wish more of the argument was on womens autonomy over their own bodies

meka72

Ohio is a theocracy. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is inspired to introduce similar legislation. As if Ohio's heartbeat bill didn't go too far.

I am livid.

Everything Zen

We need to send sex toys via military relief planes to these states. I see a new generation of incels coming :giggle:

Now that a submucosal fibroid displaced my Paraguard (copper IUD) two cycles ago causing the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in life, I have to have surgery to remove it before I can get a Mirena (hormone based IUD). I don’t even have a consult for it until mid June. So I offered FH to go buy some condoms and he got a screw face. Oh well- don’t touch me because it’s gonna be at least three long months. I’m cool. :look:

Last edited:

Everything Zen

This :censored: compared women’s miscarrying to livestock. I won’t be marching in the streets but I would I do whatever I can to make sure these :censored: are systematically removed from office. Period. Can’t even take my blood pressure right now and I almost threw threw my phone when I heard about this while watching Joy Reid. Can’t believe this happened seven years ago.

Terry England, Georgia Republican Lawmaker, Compares Women To Farm Animals

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1335976/amp

Rainbow Dash

This :censored: compared women’s miscarrying to livestock. I won’t be marching in the streets but I would I do whatever I can to make sure these :censored: are systematically removed from office. Period. Can’t even take my blood pressure right now and I almost threw threw my phone when I heard about this while watching Joy Reid. Can’t believe this happened seven years ago.

Terry England, Georgia Republican Lawmaker, Compares Women To Farm Animals

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1335976/amp
These people are pathetic. I've been wanting to throw my phone for the last few days. I plan to encourage all of my family and friends to vote. Our lives depend on it.