In need of a good natural/organic shampoo.

Sweetcoco82

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a good natural and/or organic liquid shampoo. I have tried 2 by Aubrey Organics. The GPB didn't get the moisturizers out my hair so i had to grab some of my other shampoo to get my hair clean. And the J.A.Y desert herb tangled my hair and made if feel really dry and stripped.:perplexed I love their conditioners, but i need to find a good Shampoo. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

jewel

I have going on the natural search too for shampoos and conditioners. I did find shampoo bars on ebay that is made for the hair and body. I picked up two rosemary 6.oz bars for about $7.
So far so good. I like the way it lathers and my hair feels clean and did not tangle. I also find that it lasts longer.

Good luck with your search

atlien11

I have tried several Natural Shampoos. Here is my long review:

Burts Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar - I read up on this product on a few other sites before i tried it out. There were good and bad reviews but i decided to go ahead and try it out. I really liked the minty scent and i liked the idea of using a bar instead of pouring from a bottle ( i dont know why). I focused on my scalp and it lathered alot and i liked that. Well i started getting that 'gummy' feeling that i had read about and it my hair felt so strange but i didnt panic. I just rinsed it out for awhile and applied my AO conditioner. I detangled in the shower and put my leave-in (giovanni direct, great stuff). My hair felt fine. After it air-dryed in a bun, it felt fine too. I read that your hair would react this way and to see the results when it dried, so thats what i did. This is a great clarifying/gunk remover shampoo and my scalp was so clean. I wouldnt reccomend using it more than once a week (twice at most) b/c it would probably dry you out. Great scent. Great lather. No slip.

AO Aloe Essence Clarifying Shampoo: I didnt like the way my hair felt stripped. It basically acted like all the other AO shampoos but it did the job of clarifying. Once i put the conditioner on it was ok. No Slip.

Carols Daughter: This was the very first natural shampoo i ever bought and didnt like it very much. It was way too runny and it was a little harsh. No Slip. The scent was a little 'earthy' but not too strong.

Gary Nulls Heavenly Shampoo: I think i have the name wrong on this but its by Gary Nulls. THis shampoo wasnt harsh but it didnt really lather well either. It has a cherry bark scent to it and no slip. This shampoo would be good if you are not trying to remove a bunch of crap from your hair. If you use a lot of oils, you might want to try something else. If you are just removing gel or something water soluble, this is good. I would give it a solid 7.

In my opinion its hard to get a natural shampoo that doesnt make your hair feel weird at first or has any slip. If you arent careful it can cause serious matting, DETANGLE your hair first!!! If you do decide to go with any of them and your hair starts acting funny, my suggestion is dont freak out. Just rinse thouroughly and use lots of a quality conditoner to moisturize and detangle. An ACV rinse may help too. Sorry so long.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Have you tried castille soap? I like it cuz you can customize it by putting in your own EO's (or leave it unscented), and there are no parabens... :)

Sweetcoco82 said:
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a good natural and/or organic liquid shampoo. I have tried 2 by Aubrey Organics. The GPB didn't get the moisturizers out my hair so i had to grab some of my other shampoo to get my hair clean. And the J.A.Y desert herb tangled my hair and made if feel really dry and stripped.:perplexed I love their conditioners, but i need to find a good Shampoo. Any suggestions?

s_terry

I ordered this shampoo from a company called "New Bein". It was great and moisturizing, but I did feel it left a somewhat of a film on my hair. I loved it though for moisture. I wouldn't give up on Aubrey's. They really have some good stuff. When was the last time you clarified? If you still had product after a wash you may need to clarify. Not much of anything will get through alot of build-up

blueMoon

I like MOP C System shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels clean, but not squeaky, which I don't like and the conditioner works really well. This shampoo/conditioner pair is one of my staples. The other 2 being pureology and KMS FlatOut. Pureology is vegan. I think KMS is too

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo, moisturizing, some slip, and smells great like peppermint. It also leaves my hair soft and not stripping at all.

bajanplums1

good to know about aubrey's gpb poo. i love the conditioner, and was tempted to buy the poo which is currently 50% off at whole foods. I think nature's gate jojoba poo or chamomile poo.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Try the giovanni magnetic shampoo and conditioner. Jason Shaman shampoo is nice too, but I LOVE the giovanni magnetic...their other shampoos are ok, but I get the best results with that one. The aubrey ones were too drying for my hair also and left it hard.

Sweetcoco82

Thank you everyone for your replies. I was just at the store looking at the Giovanni magnetic shampoo. But i wanted to wait to see if anyone replied. I dont think i had too much build up. When the GPB shampoo didn't work i grabbed my old soft and beautiful shampoo, thank god i hadn't given it away yet, and it got all the products of my hair. I dont think i have ever clarified.:perplexed I may try the castille soap.

I was thinking about doing a ACV rinse. I need to find out how to do one.

Shawnee66

Have you tried Dr. Bonner's Castile soap? I like these, they leave my hair clean and the peppermint smells so good.