In the middle of a CRISIS!!!!

melodee

I can barely type...I am in the middle of the worst hair crisis I've had since I found you guys. Help calm me down. I washed and decided to try a new hot oil by Aphogee that I got at Sally's. It said to apply after Shampooing and let sit on hair for a minute or so. It felt so rich and smooth going on I decided to warm it under the dryer for a minute or two( not long) and then proceeded to rinse it out. I began to comb and PANIC. Clumps of hair came out. My hair felt like STRAW, especially the highlighted parts. I got nervous and combed more, and lost more hair. I'm now seeming images of me bald in church tomorrow. I tried to let it dry under the dryer loose and it jusst felt hard. I started praying and crying and jumpe back in the shower, washed it againw/ JASON's and slathered on some Aubrey's GPB. The GPB is sitting in my hair as I TRY to type this. Help!!!!!!!
erplexed:

ElizaBlue

Okay you got me scared now. Are you sure it wasn't Aphogee protein treatment. Did it smell and look like eggs? It sounds like the treatment, especially if it got hard under the dryer. I would suggest checking and double checking the contents and the bottle. One time I was using the Suave conditioner, wondered why it kept sudsing up, read the ingredients and was like, gee this is the same exact ingredients as the shampoo. Looked at the bottle and sure enough it was the shampoo. The labeling was different and it was where the conditioner should have been. I'm so sorry this happen, hopefully some of the more experience chemist will check in. I know Motions CPR will stop breakage but maybe Aubrey's is better.

KinksnCurlz

Yeah, it sounds like the treatment... Run your hair under the water and it will remove itself. Do not manipulate your hair in anyway. Once the product is removed, apply a moisturizing conditioner (something that detangles) and sit under the dryer for at least 10 minutes. While you are rinsing, gently comb your hair (while your head is immersed in the cascading water) from the bottom to the top. Tell us how it goes.

melodee

Guys, it was not THE treatment. It was Aphogee's Evening Primrose Oil hot oil in a small tube.

Okay, I rinsed out the conditioner and it felt alot less sticky. Before, it felt like my hair strands had been glued together and dried that way. A few spots were sticky, but I rinsed good and strayed a detangler and combed. Much better. My nerves are on high, so I did blow dry with a warm dryer and didn't lose any more. I didn't want to blow dry, but I was scared I wouldn't get through the rollerset process. Now what to do with this hair.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response ElizaBlue and Caramelhonee. I know for sure it wasn't the protein treatment. I've used that and even though it gets hard, it rinses out well. Now I'll be having nighmares about all my lost hair.

KinksnCurlz

I'm glad everything worked out for you. And speaking from experience, don't fret about the lost hairs, i'm sure no one will notice it AND it'll grow back. (I once took out some twist in the front of my hair, combed it out and lost soooo much hair it was enough to fill the bottom 1/5 of a shopping bag (i saved it for a long time). Hence, I stopped washing my hair for a very long time, but now, I am a pro and yes, it grew back (not as thick) but still grew back. Take care.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I've never used the ApHogee Evening Primrose Hot Oil Treatment, but Queen Helene Hot Oil and Redken Heavy Cream both made my hair feel very rough. It was stuck together in clumps like I'd put glue in my hair! What I did was sleep in a moisturizing deep conditioner.

CynamonKis

Melodee I am so sorry about your crisis but I hope it has ben abated and thaty our hair will recover

joyous

I hate all the Apoghee Primose products. They make my hair a dry, tangled mess with absolutely no moisture as promised.

MissM

I have used the Aphogee primrose hot oil also and I didn't care for it at all!! I'm so sorry this happened, you had to really be freaking out there!! Just keep deep conditioning your hair for a while. I wonder why that stuff makes people's hair so dry?