Indian remedy...

Tru_Mind

for greying hair.

This is so hard for me to believe. I thought that once your hair turns grey that's it.

In this article gooseberry = Amalaki fruit/amla berry.

Indian remedy for greying hair

Fed up of those chemical dyes on your head? Would you like something natural that is just as effective? Try this time-tested remedy. It is good for you and your hair. Try the humble fruit - the gooseberry. Generally gooseberries are made into spicy pickles in Indian homes. Did you know that this humble gooseberry is a natural beauty aid, too? Gooseberry serves as an ideal cleanser and a good conditioner, too. It also has the capacity to blacken greying hair.

Mix ground, dried gooseberries in lemon juice and make a paste. Apply this on greying hair. Gradually, the hair will turn black again.This also cures other problems related to hair and scalp.

Mix 10 ground black peppers in one cup curd and wash hair with this mixture. This will soften the hair and blacken them as well. Do this at least once a week for good results.

In half a cup of curd mix the juice of one lemon and massage into scalp. Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash. This will make the hair soft and will reduce the greying of hair.

http://www.sitagita.com/cavinkare/hair/haircare/indianremedy.asp

Last edited:

Koffie

tru_mind said:
for greying hair.

This is so hard for me to believe. I thought that once your hair turns grey that's it.

In this article gooseberry = Amalaki fruit/amla berry.

Indian remedy for greying hair

Fed up of those chemical dyes on your head? Would you like something natural that is just as effective? Try this time-tested remedy. It is good for you and your hair. Try the humble fruit - the gooseberry. Generally gooseberries are made into spicy pickles in Indian homes. Did you know that this humble gooseberry is a natural beauty aid, too? Gooseberry serves as an ideal cleanser and a good conditioner, too. It also has the capacity to blacken greying hair.

Mix ground, dried gooseberries in lemon juice and make a paste. Apply this on greying hair. Gradually, the hair will turn black again.This also cures other problems related to hair and scalp.

Mix 10 ground black peppers in one cup curd and wash hair with this mixture. This will soften the hair and blacken them as well. Do this at least once a week for good results.

In half a cup of curd mix the juice of one lemon and massage into scalp. Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash. This will make the hair soft and will reduce the greying of hair.

http://www.sitagita.com/cavinkare/hair/haircare/indianremedy.asp

This is all well and good for when we get older (considering most of the ladies here are in the 20-30's range, but I think you would get more replies if this was an Indian method for growing hair :sekret: ) But we still luv you :kiss:

ThursdayGirl

It sounds interesting... I have heard of this before... but I am wondering if all it really does is eventually stain the hair dark so the grays aren't so noticible. :confused:

Tru_Mind

Koffie said:
This is all well and good for when we get older (considering most of the ladies here are in the 20-30's range, but I think you would get more replies if this was an Indian method for growing hair :sekret: ) But we still luv you :kiss:

Hi Koffie!

Just giving you guys a heads up. The thing is, I was looking at one of my aunts hair months ago(awful)... and I thought to myself at that moment that I will never dye my hair I will just naturally gray...unless there's something better.

Dyes are just too harsh on grey hair (especially grey relaxed hair). My aunt had a permanent dye a couple years before and now she has a rinse and it still looks bad. The grey is just highlighted at the roots and the color on ends is fading. I guess she's finally tried of getting it re-dyed.

I was searching amla on the net and I came across this. Hey, it's not too soon for the ladies to know what they could possibly do in the future (that is if it works).

I know of a couple of yoooung ladies that have had grey strands of hair since junior high and one that had a head full of grey hair(salt & pepper) at 27 or 28 yrs old. She gave up using hair dyes and relaxing and still wears a twa, because it was just too much for her to deal with.

Koffie, I do think about the future, I take care of my skin now...look at Leana Horne. She took care of her skin as a young lady. Another reason why I grew my relaxer out young is, because I didn't want to be that old lady with the over-processed thin balding hair. I want to be that beautiful old lady with the natural hair.

Last edited:

Tru_Mind

ThursdayGirl said:
It sounds interesting... I have heard of this before... but I am wondering if all it really does is eventually stain the hair dark so the grays aren't so noticible. :confused:

Hi ThursdayGirl!

I'm wondering that too...and what if your hair is brown, red, blonde, and not black?? I guess not, because blondes etc, use alma and it doesn't turn their hair black it brings out their natural color.

Also, I'm sure that the older the person is the less affective the treatment is. However, I read that people can have black hairs even up to the age of 60-70 years by using this method.

I read that amla is an antioxidant with the richest natural source of Vitamin C, but I can't picture it gradually turning grey hair black. Maybe someone here knows how that works. I guess amla re-nourishes the hair and scalp.

Anyway, after reading that info. I finally located the Indian market that sells Amla Hair Oil, because I used to have black hair and now I have some brown streaks and I want it to be all black again.

Last edited:

Mestiza

Thanks for posting this! I don't have any grey hair, but, this will be useful if I ever get any. I can pass this along to anyone who does have some, also.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
The alma oil I purchased had a "warning" on it that with continued use it could turn hair darker. The alma powder I purchased said it would darken hair also. I used the powder for the first time this weekend (Fri), mixed with alma oils,vitamin e oil, a couple of biotin caps( I figured what the heck since I was mixing up powders anyway) and some water. It has an astringent feel so I thought my hair was going to be hard and brittle, I left it in for an hour with a plastic cap then rinsed. My hair wasnt dry at all. I got out the shower to get a conditioner to follow it with anyway and my hair was so dark and shiny I changed my mind. :) I didnt want ANYTHING to stop my shine. :) It looked dark, rich, and shiny. I have a few dead ends but even those looked good.

SherryLove

Koffie said:

sweetie, you will be surprised how many folks have or see their first gray hairs in their 20s or 30s... i saw my first one at 25....so this info here is beneficial right now i would say to most of the ladies here on this board....

Healthb4Length

thanks for the info! I am in my mid twenties and I have so much grey hair! Is it normal to have ringmarole grey hair! My greys are are white from the scalp then halfway down the shaft and then at the very ends it's white again. It's freaking me out!:eek:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I started turning gray at 16, due to the stress of living w/ a drug addict. I think that your remedy would work if people only knew how to do these things. I don't like hair dyes and think that is the only thing I'd go to a professional for. If it is done right, it shouldn't harm your hair. Just my opinion- great job for finding the info!