Indigo Gloss?

I've heard of the Henna gloss, but has anyone tried an Indigo gloss? I'm going to be doing a Henna treatment followed by indigo to achieve jet black hair in the future, and have considered occasionally mixing a little Indigo into my conditioners for a color boost. I wonder if this will work?

mscocoface

Yes I have heard of this and am going to try it since I am in a protective style I did not want to have to take down all of my hair to do this I figure since I do co washes with protective style this may work out for me until I take my hair down.

I am going to take down the front of my hair and restyle it but leave the back as is. Trying to do this today or tomorrow.

kiesha8185

I've heard of the Henna gloss, but has anyone tried an Indigo gloss? I'm going to be doing a Henna treatment followed by indigo to achieve jet black hair in the future, and have considered occasionally mixing a little Indigo into my conditioners for a color boost. I wonder if this will work?

So you're thinking about doing the indigo gloss, without doing henna first, to get the black color? What color is your hair now? :rolleyes:....interesting... I've never thought about doing this. My hair is currently indigoed. I've always heard that if you use indigo alone, it will give your hair a blue-black color. I'm wondering if an indigo gloss would impart a blue-black color, or if it would just make your hair darker...now I have to try it and see!

Isis

I read here and on another hair board that using indigo without henna results in a shade of blue that is not flattering on one's head. Indigo is used to dye clothing like denim and just indigo on dark hair may not enhance the black from previous "hendigo" glosses but look dull and muddy.

WomanlyCharm

You know how you see old women with "blue" looking hair? :look:

That's what using indigo alone will do, you'll eventually end up with your hair looking more blue.
Henna deposits enough color on the hair for the indigo to cling to, and changes the shade from blue to black.

An indigo/henna gloss would work. The color would turn out a very dark brown.