Inexpensive Hair Products That Work Just As Well As.....

Hairicome

Hey Ladies,

What are some of the different inexpensive hair products that you use and they work as well as some of the more pricier one's for the particular hair type that you have? I use "Sauve" Clarifying Shampoo which does not overly strip the hair of all it's natural oils, however; is gets the job done and it does not leave my hair dry as a desert. List brands as well as off brands (store name or unknowns). Thanks, this growing hair mission can get kind of expensive and you can accumulate a lot of unnecessay products that you've spent good money on. I want to grow my hair in the most cost effective away. Please list your hair type as well. Thanks Again

Lovie

Doesn't work exactly the same...gets kinda coney after a few uses...

But Clairol's Hello Hydration Conditioner is very comparable to Kenra's Moisturizing Conditioner.

Neith

Elasta OP DPR - 11 (mixed with oil, honey and a little water) - AO Honeysuckle Rose

Elasta QP Shampoo for relaxed hair, Elasta QP Bodyfying Shampoo - Just like Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo

Motions Moisture Plus - Nexxus Humecto

Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum - Nexxus Emergencce

It's not as strong and the nexxus.

imanc84

Cream of Nature...I used it for the first time in years last night and my hair feels like I got it done professionally. I used the new product line that is out, the organic one. I used the ultra moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing conditioner and leave in conditioner. I also used Cholestorol with Protein Deep Conditioner. I bought everything at Walmart and it all came up to about $14.00!

Aggie

Pantene relaxed and natural Hair conditioning mask, very moisturizing - has no protein in it.

MonPetite

I have too many reviews to go through each album and write an equivalent. :blush:

That said, of the reviews I have I have used salon and drugstore products (now exclusively drugstore) and my hair grew to BSL Bone strait and texlaxed. :yep:

I BCed in feb and this october will decide to stay natural or tex.

My hair's growing super, soft, long, and strong still using drugstore brands.

So, shameless plug here, but if you want to wander through my albums to see reviews on drugstore products that are good quality in general, please do. :lachen:

Barbara

Princess
We're living in tough economic times, and everyone including major corporations are watching how they spend their money. :yep:

jerjer29

i get the Generic brand of Nexxus from Sally's (has exact ingredients) ..they have others like Paul Mitchell products, and other i guess 'high' end brands for only 5 dollars with the exact ingredients as the name brand for WAY less

Last edited:

Lovie

Yes, Blessed Angel, I like it alot. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. Hope you like it too. Its always nice to have a lower cost fave on standby to do the job. :)

LovelyLionessa

Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream vs. Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment- The Heavy Cream is just what the name implies and is based w/castor and olive oils. The Hollywood Beauty product is a castor oil based grease full of great oils (contains no petroleum), great for ends.

CON (original formula) and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning poos vs. Aveda DR poo: all are sulfate free, soften hair and are very gentle.

Pantene Breakage Defense Mask: Great stuff; I've never tried Redken's new Real Control Mask but I'm willing to wager its comparable.

Ojon Restorative Treatment vs. Dabur Amla oil: both contain palm oil extracts and work well for pre-poos. Virgin coconut oil works well too.

Aveda Humectant Pomade vs. Garnier Brillantine Shine Wax: both are nice for edges, yet the Garnier has the greater hold.

HTH :)

Aggie

Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream vs. Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment- The Heavy Cream is just what the name implies and is based w/castor and olive oils. The Hollywood Beauty product is a castor oil based grease full of great oils (contains no petroleum), great for ends.

CON (original formula) and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning poos vs. Aveda DR poo: all are sulfate free, soften hair and are very gentle.

Pantene Breakage Defense Mask: Great stuff; I've never tried Redken's new Real Control Mask but I'm willing to wager its comparable.

Ojon Restorative Treatment vs. Dabur Amla oil: both contain palm oil extracts and work well for pre-poos. Virgin coconut oil works well too.

Aveda Humectant Pomade vs. Garnier Brillantine Shine Wax: both are nice for edges, yet the Garnier has the greater hold.

Hmm, I think I need to go look for this one ( the bolded)

AngelDoll

Does the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment work just as well as the QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream? I would love to find something comparable to it that I do not have to order online. So far, I have not found anything to replace my beloved QB amla & olive heavy cream.

LovelyLionessa

Does the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment work just as well as the QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream? I would love to find something comparable to it that I do not have to order online. So far, I have not found anything to replace my beloved QB amla & olive heavy cream.

It's the closet thing I've found at the drugstore/bss. It protects ends from splits, locks in moisture and gives shine. Here are the ingriedients:

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

I still love the Heavy Cream tho, it's just nice there are options. At least that's what I tell my pj self. :look:

loulou82

It's the closet thing I've found at the drugstore/bss. It protects ends from splits, locks in moisture and gives shine. Here are the ingriedients:

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil), Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

I still love the Heavy Cream tho, it's just nice there are options. At least that's what I tell my pj self. :look:

I've used the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil too. It doesn't contain petroleum but paraffin oil is another name for mineral oil and/or kerosene.