“insert” 3B/3C (mixed TEXTURE ONLY) pics here ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Posted these in the 3b thread before I knew of this one lol.

I'm a mixture of 3b and c I guess.

Close-up of texture......

Wash n' go.....

Wash n' go.....

Wash n' go (only moisturizer)......

Wash n' go pony....

Naked hair....

Naked hair....

Coco*Colada

Okay I have found a home lol thanks HairLab!!

Wet NO products

Damp NO products

Dry and frizzy :ohwell: NO products with pic crasher :giggle:

Dry WITH products

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think this is the thread for me. :D
Sorry for the many pics!

Long hair with products (olive oil):

Texture shot - naked hair:

Another texture shot - naked hair:

Styled hair with products (carrot oil creme and avocado butter):

Short hair back in the day (Pink Oil Lotion :drunk:) :

Naked hair in a bun:

Straightened:

Wet hair pic right after washing:

Around year 2000, I don't remember what products I used:

Last edited:

NikkiGirl

I posted in the 3C thread, but Hairlab thinks I may have some 3b, so here are the pics. Sorry so pic heavy, and I am transitioning, so I only have new growth pics.

NaturalPath

I posted in the 3c but now I am just soooo confused :cry:
the only difference I see is that yall have a lot more hang time

NikkiQ

were all you ladies natural from the beginning or transitioners? I'm curious b/c I can't tell what I am to save my soul, but i'm relaxed and only 7-8 weeks post.

calibella218

I am not totally sure of my texture. I don't have an good pictures of my new growth (I'm transitioning) but this is me and my sister when we were pre-teens (I am on the left):

Here is the only decent picture of my dry unstreched new growth:

Can someone please tell me what my texture is? I know I have a mixture of textures (bigger/looser curls in the back and front and tighter in the crown and sides) but I don't know what the mixture is...Help!

Diva_Esq

were all you ladies natural from the beginning or transitioners? I'm curious b/c I can't tell what I am to save my soul, but i'm relaxed and only 7-8 weeks post.

I was a transitioner. I was natural from birth to age 13, then relaxed from 13-32, transitioned for 1 year between ages 32 & 33, relapsed for a year from ages 33-34, and began my transition at age 34 on May 2, 2009. I ended my transition after 11 months, 3 days with a big chop (best decision ever!!! :D ) on April 5, 2010 (a little over 2 months ago). Natural for life! :)

You won't be able to get an idea until much later post-relaxer unless you have pics of you before being relaxed. Also, the true curl pattern and texture don't really form until after you cut off your relaxed ends. Hope that helps! :)

Naturallista

:hiya: Beautiful hair ladies! I don't have the best pics, but here you go-

After being in one big twist

Straight-before cut

Wash n' Go

Updo

My siggy is another wash n' go with no product...

NikkiQ

I was a transitioner. I was natural from birth to age 13, then relaxed from 13-32, transitioned for 1 year between ages 32 & 33, relapsed for a year from ages 33-34, and began my transition at age 34 on May 2, 2009. I ended my transition after 11 months, 3 days with a big chop (best decision ever!!! :D ) on April 5, 2010 (a little over 2 months ago). Natural for life! :)

You won't be able to get an idea until much later post-relaxer unless you have pics of you before being relaxed. Also, the true curl pattern and texture don't really form until after you cut off your relaxed ends. Hope that helps! :)

:bighug:
thanks so much! that helped out a lot. I've been relaxed since I was about 11(mom said my hair was too thick to deal with....dang that woman!) so I'm ready to embrace my curl again. I'm of Creole and Irish heritage so both of my parents and both sets of grandparents have amazing texture. Hopefully I inherited it lol.

Diva_Esq

:bighug:
thanks so much! that helped out a lot. I've been relaxed since I was about 11(mom said my hair was too thick to deal with....dang that woman!) so I'm ready to embrace my curl again. I'm of Creole and Irish heritage so both of my parents and both sets of grandparents have amazing texture. Hopefully I inherited it lol.

:supergrin:

Glad I could help! I am loving my curls and texture. I am part Irish as well. You'll find all types of natural beauties on this site, and everyone is super willing to help! Best wishes with your hair journey.

kblc06

I wish I had my computer so that I could post new pics :(. I guess these old ones will have to do). I also have some 4a around the perimeter. Perhaps I should also post in the 3c/4a thread- I'm not even really to sure what my hair type is anymore, except that is fine-medium/thready/ and has fluffy waves more than curls:

Last edited: