“insert” 3C/4A (mixed texture only) pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

SignatureBeauty

Thanks I am a mixture of 3.

3c- in the back
4a- on the sides (left & right)
4b- in the middle crown

Thanks HL!!! This is wonderful that way people can get an idea of their hair!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:dance7:
Thanks!! :) I'll post in here and the 4a thread. Lol

noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL

IF YOU THINK YOU'RE MORE OF A MIX? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY POST HERE???:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: :dance7:

in other words, really....REALLY trying to limit some of the confusion....so if maybe everyone only posted in 1 thread??? if you choose later to move.....please delete the pics (add a little note) and move them to another thread??

is that ok with you ladies???

Last edited:

me-T

geez, i thought this was 3c! you know what? i quit with this typing biz! i'm all confuzzled now

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

My 4A is under that top layer somewhere, in the crown.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
geez, i thought this was 3c! you know what? i quit with this typing biz! i'm all confuzzled now

I knew this was coming...everyone's opinion of what is 3c, 4a, 4b type hair looks like is different so this thread (along with the other hair typing pis thread) will soon become loaded with heated debates. I believe it's more important to know the density of your hair rather than if you have curl definition or not.

Take for example, your fine 3c hair may not be able to withstand heat, but you saw another thick 3c haired lady get a dominican blowout so you assume that your 3c hair will look like theirs if you got the same blowout. You get the blowout, and within a couple of days, your hair ends up falling out in clumps!

s0.k!nky

This isn't the best picture of my hair...but I'm a mixture of 3C/4A...The curls in my crown make large s-shaped curls and the nape makes tight spiral-shaped coils

davisbr88

^^ Is your hair more 4a/3c? It seems different to me than the others for some reason, or is it just because of the camera or the way you styled? (This is a legitimate question btw)
I'm really confused with the 3c/4a type. I read the entire thread and even with Nonie and BMP's explanations, I'm still confused.

MsLizziA

^^ Is your hair more 4a/3c? It seems different to me than the others for some reason, or is it just because of the camera or the way you styled? (This is a legitimate question btw)
I'm really confused with the 3c/4a type. I read the entire thread and even with Nonie and BMP's explanations, I'm still confused.
Everywhere i post pics, people tell me i am a 3c/4a. I actually hate hair types b/c they are confusing to me. But yes i believe its more 4a/ than 3c. On that 3rd pic my hair is blow dried and then styled so idk... whatever.. lol

To me, everybody else in here looks like a straight 3c

Last edited:

glamazon386

This is all confusing. So Kinky's hair looks like the mixture to me.

MzLizzieA - your hair looks similar to mine.

Tberry looks like a 3b/3c to me. Her curls are bigger and she has the silky thing going on.

I always thought Priss Pot and I were the same type but as her hair gets longer I notice she has less shrinkage than I do. I think she's a good example of the mixture.

MsLizziA

Tberry looks like a 3b/3c to me. Her curls are bigger and she has the silky thing going on.

I always thought Priss Pot and I were the same type but as her hair gets longer I notice she has less shrinkage than I do. I think she's a good example of the mixture.
I gotta say, so far, one thing i am starting to care less and less about is frickin hair typing

glamazon386

I gotta say, so far, one thing i am starting to care less and less about is frickin hair typing

I feel you. I've never really been confused about my type. It's mostly 4a. But looking at other people's pictures makes it confusing.

I'm just gonna roll with what works for me and has worked for me for the last 3 years. I'm mostly 4a with a little 3c in the front. The very back is looser too but IDK what texture that would be considered.

tberry2688

I have heard that before but most of my hair def isnt silky at all lol and i know i have some 4a the curls in the back and middle are smaller than a pencil in circumference( you can kinda see that in the first pic) and the rest which im pretty sure is 3c is the size of a pencil or very slightly bigger. idk lol

danigurl18

You are my hair twin!!! I was looking at the pic of you with the tank on and was like that looks like the back of my head but much longer! New inspiration on deck lol :grin:

My 4A is under that top layer somewhere, in the crown.

Last edited:

LadyRaider

Everywhere i post pics, people tell me i am a 3c/4a. I actually hate hair types b/c they are confusing to me. But yes i believe its more 4a/ than 3c. On that 3rd pic my hair is blow dried and then styled so idk... whatever.. lol

To me, everybody else in here looks like a straight 3c

Ms. L.

I think you look like a 3c/4a to me. I think your hair is just thicker than others. And I think one of your pictures is a braid out?

Anyway...

Nina_1987

The curl in the front are so loose and the back are almost coily.

Attachments

• Photo 82.jpg
    Photo 82.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 550
  • Photo 146.jpg
    Photo 146.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 474
  • Photo 151.jpg
    Photo 151.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 458

princessnad

I'm never really sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This was a few months ago when I still had like an inch of relaxed ends 25 months into my transition