“insert” 3C/4A (mixed texture only) pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I loved looking through all of the pictures!! I feel that my hair would be considered predominately 3c/4a

wet hair with condish

damp naked hair

more pics

shingled hair

*Frisky*

I loved looking through all of the pictures!! I feel that my hair would be considered predominately 3c/4a

wet hair with condish

damp naked hair

more pics

shingled hair

I think you are looser than 3C...please somebody correct me if I am wrong because lately I have been getting confused:lol:

BillsBackerz67

Recent pics

Attachments

• image-2263238641.jpg
    image-2263238641.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 244
  • image-2239887292.jpg
    image-2239887292.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image-585693858.jpg
    image-585693858.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 239
  • image-17003772.jpg
    image-17003772.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 244
  • image-448147305.jpg
    image-448147305.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

*Frisky*

I am confused really...I thought 3C curls were the size of regular straws or a pencil and yal'ls curls look bigger than that to me.

MicheePrings

I believe that I fall into this category of mixed textures. I have the 3c on the top section of my head and the areas close to my ears and the 4a sections in the back and sides. I have a very frizzy section in the crown that has the same curl pattern as the top but just more frizz prone.

Last edited:

BrookeLynn

This is why I gave up hair typing last year. At times I look at others hair and think I'm firmly in the 4A category, but then I see others and think, mixed 3C/4A. Yet still, I look at the front of my hair which has absolutely no curl pattern- just waves and think, let it go. LOL. Pretty hair though ladies!!!

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
This is why I gave up hair typing last year. At times I look at others hair and think I'm firmly in the 4A category, but then I see others and think, mixed 3C/4A. Yet still, I look at the front of my hair which has absolutely no curl pattern- just waves and think, let it go. LOL. Pretty hair though ladies!!!

Same here, My hair is looser from my ears forward and nape and the rest is a little tighter so I just stick with 3c/4a. It's confusing and doesn't change how I care for my hair.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I think you are looser than 3C...please somebody correct me if I am wrong because lately I have been getting confused:lol:

*Frisky* looks similar to my hair which I say is 3b/3c. Idk

I was thinking more along the lines of 3b as well...def not 4A.

Yeahh, my crown and nape are very loose, (3bish/3a?) which is why I always have a little tail of hair at the back of my head lmao... When I shingle and use a small tooth comb it exaggerates those sections I think. But when I rake/smooth w/out using sections (what I mostly do) I feel it makes my hair look a bit more uniform...Once my hair starts shrinking like in my 2nd pic, I think it looks like 3c/4a...

Man, IDK. I have a lot of different textures...but I do feel that I mostly have 3c and since my 4a is right in the front, it's what I see first.

Last edited:

DaiseeDay

Yeahh, my crown and nape is very loose, (3bish/3a?) which is why I always have a little tail of hair at the back of my head lmao... When I shingle and use a small tooth comb it exaggerates those sections I think. But when I rake/smooth w/out using sections (what I mostly do) I feel it makes my hair look a bit more uniform...Once my hair starts shrinking like in my 2nd pic, I think it looks like 3c/4a...

Man, IDK. I have a lot of different textures...but I do feel that I mostly have 3c and since my 4a is right in the front, it's what I see first.

Haha I have that tail thing too, it's super annoying, but not really noticeable once my hair dries and shrinks.

NatrulyMe

Bump

I need to find my hair twin. I think I am 3c/4a or 4a/3c (coarse & spongy)? IDK? Just recently guess my hair type a few months ago. My hair is in its awkward TWA stage starting from a BC). Today is wash day for me. I will post images later.

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

Is it just me, but I think my wash & go (above post) looks a lot like a Jheri curl? LMFAO :lol:

Today, would be my first time using As I AM Jelly. Is it possible that the As I Am jelly and or the tea rinse changed my pattern? I am even more confuse about my hair pattern. My natural hair pattern consists of waves, curls, and frizz. smh:nono:
Pics of my other 2 wash n gos and a high puff

Last edited:

metro_qt

Yasssss!
I'm going to help revive this thread, since i haven't been on the hairboard part in about 7 years.

I've had natural hair for the most part of the last 15 years, and 3 weeks ago i cut my waistlength hair off.

It was too much hair to manage in its natural state....but that's because I didn't know what products to use, or methods....so i kept it wigged up.

Reading through this thread, i found my exact hair twin... (ediese, who i think doesn't post anymore)

I want to find more examples of my hair and methods 3c/4a as my hair grows from twa to longer in the next few years

metro_qt

@NatrulyMe
Bump

I need to find my hair twin. I think I am 3c/4a or 4a/3c (coarse & spongy)? IDK? Just recently guess my hair type a few months ago. My hair is in its awkward TWA stage starting from a BC). Today is wash day for me. I will post images later.
Please post pics, mine is the same,

3c/4a and very spongy and frizzy....lots of hair, medium strands, medium density...

Silky 4a around the edges and nape, spongy thick 3c curls at the crown

I will post pics in a few....

NatrulyMe

@NatrulyMe
Please post pics, mine is the same,

3c/4a and very spongy and frizzy....lots of hair, medium strands, medium density...

Silky 4a around the edges and nape, spongy thick 3c curls at the crown

I will post pics in a few....

@metro_qt
I was thinking that I was mixed with 3C & 4A, but when I start being consisted in following a deep condition (weekly) and protein treatment (start off doing it every two weeks--next month, I will do treatments once a month) my hair flourish.

@grownwomanaz
Nice curls. :love3:Your hair and mine resembles (accept your hair is longer). It is definitely confusing trying to know what's your own specific hair pattern(s). Most of the time, I think I have two-three patterns in my head. I am not for sure, but I say I am 3C.

Here's one of my recently WNG's. I've been wearing my hair in braids lately. Thinking about doing another one soon... So far, this is one of my best WNGs (excuse the gray strings in my head).

Last edited:

metro_qt

I finally got my pics to upload.
Here's what my curls look like.
Now I can really show the mix of 3c/4a.
The 3c is on top, and all around the edges is 4a, which look short and smushed,
because for the last few days, when I sleep, that's the first part that gets mashed by the pillow.
(I also chopped my own hair for fun, and had chopped the sides shorter than the top, by accident)

Curlzsmall1.jpg curlzsmall2.jpg

NatrulyMe

It's been a while since I last post on this thread/forum/website. Just taking a look back on this thread. Now, I'm not so sure what my hair pattern is any more...Very confusing. lol :dazed:

My hair does not curl up tightly and my hair is coarse. I like using the KCKT products over Eco Styler because Eco makes my hair crunchy, stiff and flat. KCKT gives my hair more volume and it feels so soft. :love4:

VictoriousBrownFlower

I finally got my pics to upload.
Here's what my curls look like.
Now I can really show the mix of 3c/4a.
The 3c is on top, and all around the edges is 4a, which look short and smushed,
because for the last few days, when I sleep, that's the first part that gets mashed by the pillow.
(I also chopped my own hair for fun, and had chopped the sides shorter than the top, by accident)

View attachment 413975 View attachment 413977
Your hair reminds me of mine when I bc'd the first time.
DSC03166-vi.jpg DSC03082-vi.jpg

Here it is now
158.JPG 159.JPG053.JPG

ThePerfectScore

Oh wee...My hair has some 3c in the front, and it's not heat damage bc I avoid heat like the plague. It's just the curl pattern is so loose. Then the top layer is 4a. And the bottom layer doesn't have ringlets or the S curl pattern. It's more like a fluffy undefined cloud, so I normally do a 2 strand twist out only on the bottom to get it to blend with the rest. It's too much work. The longer it gets the more you can see the difference. Honestly I think any hair texture is good hair, but I just wish my hair was one texture. I got about 4 on my head. It needs to pick a lane.