“insert” 3C pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

INTENT: 3C HAIR TYPE "PICTURE" THREAD "ONLY" <--pretty please:attention::attention::woohoo:
Although I'm not into the typing system (personally).... I have seen sooooo many people questioning & apparently needing help with hair typing......

I have no aversion to anyone's learning curve:grin::grin::grin:

SO PLEASE LADIES, PARK YOUR "3C" ONLY PICS HERE!!!!

If you need clarification...."we have a resident typing expert=>:grin::grin:) J

Just kidding, I think many of you are more than amazing sources of help, so if you R a bit confused/mistyped.... hopefully someone will guide you

(this thread is a hopefully a reference bank for 3C.... if you later learn you are of a different type, if it's ok....PLEASE DELETE YOUR PICS...AND slide THEM TO THE CORRECT THREAD??? no orders, just pleading :blush:

PLEEEEEEEZ NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS----> IF YOU THINK SOMEONE HAIR IS "MIS"TYPED...PLEASE send them a PRIVATE MESG w/ your opinion of correct type
perhaps they will decide to move the pics
thanks ladies!!! god bless

Last edited:

LunadeMiel

These are old though.. I will post newer ones later.

jupitermoon

I have multiple textures. Board members have told me my smallest curls are 3c.

August 2009:

June 2010:

My hair is longer now and my wash and gos hang lower now but I think my wash and gos look best when my hair is shorter.

ETA: If you look at the top/crown you'll see that the curls are loose (3b I was told) but underneath are my tight (3c) curls. My curls are more wavy and less curly. A mix of big and little "s" shapes.

Last edited:

jupitermoon

Hey, where's the 3b/c thread? :grin:

I think I'm a 3b/c, but even after almost 7 years on this board I don't know for sure. :lol:

FlowerHair, I love that top!

I'm a mix of textures too but I have so much 3c underneath that I just decided to post in this thread. I still consider my hair as hair that can't be typed. I will forever refer to it has highly textured, coarse, and curly, lol!

There's just so much variation in hair types that it is hard to place them all in a single category.

ReeseNicole

I think I'm 3c

Attachments

• IMG_2390-vi.jpg
    IMG_2390-vi.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2820-vi.jpg
    IMG_2820-vi.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2827-vi.jpg
    IMG_2827-vi.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 341

Morenita

Not sure if I should post here or in the 3c/4a thread. I feel like more people will gravitate toward the other one so I'll give this one some love unless you guys think I should move lol :look:

My crown is what I like to call "wavy frizz." It just kind of hangs there :rolleyes: and the very edge of my hairline may be 4a, so idk...

Anyway, here's loooots of pics!

Post b/c last year, conditioner left in and slightly damp:

Same hair as above, just dry:

Slightly damp; about 6 months ago, tipped my head back to show the crown:

WNG puff from last year:

My hairline:

Tightly curly method, last year:

WNG Ponytail, about 7 months ago:

Raked through some AG Re:Coil:

KCCC WNG a few weeks ago. See what I mean about the crown? Lol:

Banded it all into one low ponytail and twisted the crown a little to make it blend better:

Sorry, that was WAY too many pics :hide: Nothing better to do atm :yawn:

Morenita

Btw, I love your hair LunaD. It's so uniform. Picture perfect 3c example :imo. Celina & FlowerHair, not that it needs to be said more, but your hair is to die for :love3:

LunadeMiel

Not sure if I should post here or in the 3c/4a thread. I feel like more people will gravitate toward the other one so I'll give this one some love unless you guys think I should move lol :look:

My crown is what I like to call "wavy frizz." It just kind of hangs there :rolleyes: and the very edge of my hairline may be 4a, so idk...

Anyway, here's loooots of pics!

Post b/c last year, conditioner left in and slightly damp:

Same hair as above, just dry:

Slightly damp; about 6 months ago, tipped my head back to show the crown:

WNG puff from last year:

My hairline:

Tightly curly method, last year:

KCCC WNG a few weeks ago. See what I mean about the crown? Lol:

Banded it all into one low ponytail and twisted the crown a little to make it blend better:

Sorry, that was WAY too many pics :hide: Nothing better to do atm :yawn:

You don't look 4a to me :) Your curls are too big and loose to be a 4 imo. Your hair's shine is blinding :grin: Beautiful, beautiful hair :love:

Last edited:

jupitermoon

Morenita, your hair is so cool. You have big sausage/spiral curls in your hair.

I love looking at all of the different curl shapes. My curls are "s" shaped like little waves, then you have the spirals, big sausage curls, ringlets, corkscrews, etc.

BostonMaria

Here are a few pictures... these range from 2007 through 2009

Attachments

• Wethair.jpg
    Wethair.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 277
  • CurlyPony2.jpg
    CurlyPony2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 285
  • curls.JPG
    curls.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Dsc03834.jpg
    Dsc03834.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC08435.JPG
    DSC08435.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 274

BostonMaria

Morenita, what did you put in your hair this day? It looks so moisturized! My curly hair sometimes looks so dry. Your hair is gorgeous! I don't think you have 4a, but I'm not a curly expert. I am not really sure I'm even 3C LOL

Morenita

Gracias! I used Teri's method, so that was just a ton of conditioner. I'm not sure which one though... it was most likely DevaCurl One Condition. I never really thought I had any 4a, but NikStar confused me big time when she said she considers herself a 4a in one of the other typing threads.

I think your hair is starting to morph more into 3b as it gets weighed down more Maria. You have a silky texture as well so looks are more deceiving. My daughter is a super fine, super silky 3b and now that her hair is just about waist length (she's 4) it is looking more 3a. Gorgeous any way you wear it though!

BostonMaria

Gracias! I used Teri's method, so that was just a ton of conditioner. I'm not sure which one though... it was most likely DevaCurl One Condition. I never really thought I had any 4a, but NikStar confused me big time when she said she considers herself a 4a in one of the other typing threads.

I think your hair is starting to morph more into 3b as it gets weighed down more Maria. You have a silky texture as well so looks are more deceiving. My daughter is a super fine, super silky 3b and now that her hair is just about waist length (she's 4) it is looking more 3a. Gorgeous any way you wear it though!

Thank you! DevaCurl One is great, too bad its so expensive! I can't spend $20 on a bottle of condish that will probably last me a week LOL

As you can see from picture #1 and picture #4 my curls have become more waves as my hair gets longer. I started out 3C and I have no idea what it is anymore. That's why I don't really believe in hair typing.

Morenita

Haha, I hear you. It's ridiculously overpriced. I haven't re-purchased since that 2nd bottle I got last year that I'm still rationing lol! I've been using Jessicurl Deep Treatment as my leave-in lately since it was on the "cheaper" side. Then I got an email saying she was raising the price to $14 a jar :ohwell:

Hair typing is very subjective. I think it helps more than it hurts, but it sure is confusing!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Morenita, what did you put in your hair this day? It looks so moisturized! My curly hair sometimes looks so dry. Your hair is gorgeous! I don't think you have 4a, but I'm not a curly expert. I am not really sure I'm even 3C LOL

I agree - this shot is sooo pretty.

I've tried Teri's method and I can't get this kind of definition from conditioner only. I need some kind of butter or gel. Also, I can't for the life of me see how she does individual sections with all that hair. It would take me way too long and I have no where near the length she has.

ReeseNicole

I just checked the link on your fotki for Terri's Method. Just want to say thanks for posting it, I'm definitely trying this later today!

Coco*Colada

See now I am confuzzled :ohwell: We are hair twins and I always thought I was 3b. This hair typing confuses me!! There should be a 3b/c thread!! I will post here too. These threads should be stickies so we can come back to them for reference.
I'm like Flowerhair, not sure but always claimed 3bc and found that products that worked for 3cs work for me.

Nekkid hair:

Kinky Curly twist and curl

Summer 2010:
Washngo

protective braided style

everyday buns

Morenita

I agree - this shot is sooo pretty.

I've tried Teri's method and I can't get this kind of definition from conditioner only. I need some kind of butter or gel. Also, I can't for the life of me see how she does individual sections with all that hair. It would take me way too long and I have no where near the length she has.

Thank you! Yeah, it does take forever, that's why I don't really bother. I think I've only done it 2-3 times and still felt that I could have done better. My arms hurt by the time I was done!! Teri prolly has it down to a science. I couldn't imagine her taking that long to do her hair everytime.

I just checked the link on your fotki for Terri's Method. Just want to say thanks for posting it, I'm definitely trying this later today!

You're welcome! It's a great technique if you have the patience. I'm sure you'll love the results :yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
See now I am confuzzled :ohwell: We are hair twins and I always thought I was 3b. This hair typing confuses me!! There should be a 3b/c thread!! I will post here too. These threads should be stickies so we can come back to them for reference.

Hehe. I dunno but of course I want to be your hair twin! Length and all! :yep::yep::yep:

Honestly, though I didn't see a 3b thread? That's prolly where I should post. That's why I don't like hair typing really. LOL

MadamCJCPA

I posted these pictures in the 3c/4a thread, but now I'm thinking I put them in the wrong thread. I didn't see this thread until afterwards. Oopsie! :wallbash:

Attachments

• DSCN0447.JPG
    DSCN0447.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0439.JPG
    DSCN0439.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0463.JPG
    DSCN0463.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0436.JPG
    DSCN0436.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0446.JPG
    DSCN0446.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 136

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT YOUR OLD THREAD.....

PLEASE DELETE YOUR PICS SO THAT YOU REMAIN IN ONLY 1 THREAD

THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES
:massmoon::massmoon::massmoon::boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

IF YOU "QUOTE SOME1"--> AND THEIR PICS ARE IN still in YOUR COMMENT ....AND THEY MOVED PLEASE PLEASE EDIT ---> TONS OF PEOPLE MOVED TO NEW THREADS....BUT THEIR PICS ARE LEFT IN OTHERS QUOTES = APPEARS IN MULTIPLE THREADS

(sorry to keep bothering u ladies:-(

Last edited:

BostonMaria

wavezncurlz, I think you're 3B. Your hair always looks so moisturized and awesome, you're killing me here! LOL