“insert” 4a pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Last edited:

Embyra

oh...I thought we should post various pics of our hair...didn't know they had to be nekkid...I personally don't wear my hair that way because detangling would then be a real B****...and, no need to type my hair because I already know I'm a 4a...See, you're getting this thread confused with the OTHER hair typing thread! hahahahha...and yea, Sheena you gotta go...lol....

ETA: I do have old nekkid pics tho....I believe I posted them in a diff. thread tho...I'll be back with em'...

yup same here im not about to wash and leave my whole hair out bone dry:nono:

Embyra

@Sheena284 so you telling me you packing yo gucci bag right sheena? :look::look::look::look:
you have some very loose waves in there in my opinion:yep: as well as a few large corkscrew curls

you pattern is much looser than 4a ...you hAVE ME pretty sea sick in here actually sis:yawn::drunk:
so you got your hotel room in the 3c plaza??? or the 3c/4a motel?
b/c your room key no longer works in this 4a bed-n-breakfast:ohwell:

:lol::lol::lol:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you kill me 4a bed-n-breakfast:lachen::lachen:

thetall1

I guess I can play by the rules:grin:...Alright, No product Hair...

09'

May of last year....No product, damp hair (this is the best I can do lol)

Talk about dense hair!!:yep:

Welp, that's all the no product hair I have...

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Mmkay...I finally feel comfortable enough to finally post on this thread...If I don't belong here :blush: then please feel free to re-direct me! It's kinda hard the tell cuz I just bc, but I do have some coils!

I would say you're 4b

drmuffin

I would say you're 4b

See I thought about that, but I always read that 4b's don't have a definite curl pattern...though it may be hard to tell from this pic, but I got some definite s-pattern curls going on here! Of course my hair is still growing, so at this point I'm just gonna wait and see :yep:

Though I could be a 4a/b mix...

drmuffin I don't think your hair is long enough to type yet.

That's what I was thinking, but I was just so anxious to post! I'm gonna wait a little while longer for an update...

Also: whenever I was relaxed and went through a 4 month and a 4 1/2 month stretch, my new growth was very curly (pen spring sized curls), never cottony, the same S pattern that 4a's have, even with a little wavy bump in the front whenever I wore my elastic head band. Any more thoughts on this?

drmuffin

^^^ oh yeah I remember seeing your pic in the 4b thread...loving those curls ma'am! But now I'm just confused or over thinking things...idk :ohwell::perplexed

So...I'm not saying for sure b/c my hair is so short right now, but I may be a mix. I can see now why people hate hair typing...I've doing my research and trying to determine if my hair is thick/thin, fine/course blah blah blah. Things that this system leaves out. So before my brain explodes, I'll unofficially call my hair a type 4 mutt but leave my pic here until further notice!

drmuffin

Ok so after a revelation (and viewing the ENTIRE 4B thread :yep:) ITA with ya Foxglove
After I washed my hair I noticed the fluff and noticed that you can't tell that I have the coilies unless you stare directly at my scalp...So let's keep it movin' to the 4B thread!

Kneechay

you are so pretty to me

do you where your hair blown out or straightened most of the time?

aww :blush: how sweet of you, thanks so much, i appreciate it.

I actually rarely straighten. I usually do a low nape side bun throughout the week and nowadays a twist out is for special occasions, i call it me wearing my hair out. I wash twice a week so I dont have time to do styles anymore.

Roux

:lachen::lachen: girl i don't know... i get that all the time

i've never used heat since natural... I RARELY used heat as a relaxed head

but either theY are just special:ohwell:... or possibly texlaxed ends

i TRIMMED all last year to get rid of texlaxed ends... so yep maybe
I wonder because my hair is COVERED in this straightish ends that I keep snipping and they never seem to go away.

BrookeLynn

Hi ladies! I'm new here. I'm looking for tips on keeping my hair moisturized and reducing shrinkage. I am 20 months and 2 weeks post relaxer. Much of my relaxed hair has been chopped off via mini chops and/or breakage but I still have about a half inch and whisps here and there to go.

The first 2 pictures are of a salvaged wash and go. I used a leave in and then pulled my hair back into a ponytail with the use of bobby pins, combs and an ouchless band.

The next 3 are of me washing my hair on 3 different occasions.

I can only put up 5 pix at a time, so I'll put up another set in another post.

Attachments

• DSCN0540 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0540 - Copy.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0545 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0545 - Copy.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0769 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0769 - Copy.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN0770 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0770 - Copy.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN0772 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0772 - Copy.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 162

BrookeLynn

The first 3 are me measuring my spring size curls. The first shot was wet, the second was drying, the third was dry.

4th shot, 1st day wash and go using the plopping method.

5th shot, 2nd day wash and go using the plopping method again because I had MASSIVE shrinkage so I rewet my hair and replopped.

Attachments

• DSCN0777 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0777 - Copy.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0779 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0779 - Copy.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN0795 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0795 - Copy.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN0842 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN0842 - Copy.JPG