Instant Weave/Wigs

senimoni

I'm thinking of wiggin it but I don't want a big thick obvious wig so I am thinking of getting one of those instant wig things....I think sensationnel makes them in addition to others.

Does anyone have pics of this in there fotki. I'm not referring to 3/4 wigs, I'm talking about the wigs that you "make" on you head.

If you do please post the name and brand.

MomofThreeBoys

I'm not quite sure what you mean by wigs that you "make". I've always thought that Instant Wig = Instant Weave = 3/4 Wig. I have a two in my fotki.

baglady215

Too funny... I was checking these out in the BSS today. Now they sell the packs of hair for $8.99. You need 2-3 packs to make them. The BSS lady makes them in the store and sells them as wigs for $59.99! I was like, I can make my own! I'm gonna try too.

The brand they sell is Freetress (bright yellow packaging). www.snghair.com They do come out really cute. All you need is a stocking cap, hair glue, and the hair. I may try one this weekend.

Tai

Sensationnel, Outre, and Freetress make totally instant weaves which are essentially full wigs w/ skin caps. Both of the ones in my album w/ bangs are the totally instant weaves; the others are 3/4 wigs. Both are very light weight and natural looking. I highly recommend them. There's also a new company out Modu that sells wigs that have an u shaped opening at the top to let your hair come out so it can blend for an ultra natural look. Goldenmartbeautysupply.com and Hairsisters.com both carry them. You can leave the wig together and the top has a very natural top that has bangs that you can wear. One of those will be my next wig purchase.

Tonya

I think there is confusion here. I think she is wanting a "QUICK weave" which is a weave that is bonded onto a stocking cap and the pieces are alreayd cut and sold in a bag ready to glue one.
And instant weave which is also known as a fall, quick weave, 3/4 wig...half wig...they are wigs that have combs in them like phony ponys and you leave the front part of your hair out for blending.
I have pictures of both in my album but with my "bonbed" quick weaves I cut my hair into the style. If this is what you are needin and do not find further information please feel free to PM me...in the mean time I will go look for some on the web. In the mean time i KNOW Fretress 9yellowbag) has some.

PoeticJustice

Tonya said:
I think there is confusion here. I think she is wanting a "QUICK weave" which is a weave that is bonded onto a stocking cap and the pieces are alreayd cut and sold in a bag ready to glue one.
And instant weave which is also known as a fall, quick weave, 3/4 wig...half wig...they are wigs that have combs in them like phony ponys and you leave the front part of your hair out for blending.
I have pictures of both in my album but with my "bonbed" quick weaves I cut my hair into the style. If this is what you are needin and do not find further information please feel free to PM me...in the mean time I will go look for some on the web. In the mean time i KNOW Fretress 9yellowbag) has some.

Hi Tonya,
First let me just tell you that you are so pretty!!!! I had a chance to look at your well put together photo album. Your progress is coming along great, I hope to see positive results like that next year. ;)

I'd like to ask you about your November progress pics and the fall you are wearing. Do you remember the name of that fall and where I might can find something like it? I am also thinking about wiggin it when I take my braids out. Thanks in advance.

baglady215

Hi Tonya! Whatever tips you can provide for tracking the weave (we call them wig caps around here) would be so helpful. My main question is how do you "close" it so no tracks are showing? I have a general idea but I would like to hear what you have to say... TIA!!! :)

senimoni

Tonya said:

Good looking out...that is exactly what I meant...Quick Weave with the stocking cap.

senimoni

Tai said:
Sensationnel, Outre, and Freetress make totally instant weaves which are essentially full wigs w/ skin caps. Both of the ones in my album w/ bangs are the totally instant weaves; the others are 3/4 wigs. Both are very light weight and natural looking. I highly recommend them. There's also a new company out Modu that sells wigs that have an u shaped opening at the top to let your hair come out so it can blend for an ultra natural look. Goldenmartbeautysupply.com and Hairsisters.com both carry them. You can leave the wig together and the top has a very natural top that has bangs that you can wear. One of those will be my next wig purchase.

Tai - Actually your pics are the reason I wanted one. I like both of yours they look so real. I posted a comment inquiring about a picture of the top of your head...if you dont mind. I know that is alot to ask. But most places where I live don't seem to carry them so I will most likely have to order of the net.

Lastly - Please tell me exactly which model they are...I know the one is in your fotki already but the other is not.

Also thanks for the links.