Intensive Protein Conditioners and Treatments

JC-Junkie

Hello everyone ! :hiya:
I just wanted to ask what intensive and effective protein conditioners you are using ? I know hydrolyzed protein is the best. I've tried Aphogee 2 Step, but I'm not a fan and I've tried Parnevu Hair Mayo which I like but I'm on the hunt for something more :yep: My hair is doing well but I do need to do intense protein treatments every two weeks :yep:. My hair is quite fine and has a high porosity and loves protein :grin: Any suggestions would be great !

TIA and HHG !

Last edited:

Channy31

Look up Aphogee, they have two really good conditioners called 2 step and 2 minute. They also have good protein leave ins etc.

JC-Junkie

Thank you MixedGirl :grin:

I forgot to say I've tried that one also,but didn't like the hassle of the drying into my hair and stuff :nono: I'll look up their leave ins though :grin:

JC-Junkie

MixedGirl I just realised that the two step treatment isn't the same as the 2 minute reconstructor is it ? Is that one as good as the two step, but just in a different form ?

EDA: Actually I think I'm wrong :lol: I really would like an intense protein treatment with possible hydrolyzed keratin :grin: I know there's the Komaza Protein Strengthener, but the only shop that stocks here in the UK is out of stock :sad:

Last edited:

Bublin

@KC-Junkie
The hair shops in the UK sell the Nexxus protein treatment.
It's now called Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor by Nexxus in a silver/blue bottle. They have two sizes.
If they try to sell you one that's in a small box don't buy it as it's the old product....and it's very expensive!

JC-Junkie

Bublin thank you very much !
I'm reading the reviews on it also and it seems really really good :yep: I'm very interested in that product.
So the big bottle retails for how much aproximately ? I tried Amazon but they are out of stock :sad:
I found it somewhere online for £37, but I want to compare with other shops too, and some bottles say "Aloxxi" whilst others don't
I'm interested in other suggestions too, so I have a good range to choose from :grin:

Last edited:

Bublin

Bublin thank you very much !
I'm reading the reviews on it also and it seems really really good :yep: I'm very interested in that product.
So the big bottle retails for how much aproximately ? I tried Amazon but they are out of stock :sad:
I found it somewhere online for £37, but I want to compare with other shops too, and some bottles say "Aloxxi" whilst others don't
I'm interested in other suggestions too, so I have a good range to choose from :grin:

Edited - around £16 for the larger bottle. Yes Amazon is sold out but it's cheaper on the ground.

Last edited:

ronie

Natural: spiral solutions protein conditioner
salon brand: una intensive protein treatment
I love them both, cause they have a combination of different types of protein with hydrolyzed keratin high on the ingredients list.

JC-Junkie

Thank you veesweets DominicanBrazilian82 Bublin lindsaywhat ronie :grin:
I also found these two threads, one about protein fillers and another about reconstructors, I went through google, but one of them is a recent post :yep:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php?t-673087.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php?t-364463.html

What do you think about some of these products ? And protein fillers ? They sound really interesting too, so I have a wide range of products to choose from:grin: If there are any more that would be great too.

Thank You very much :grin:

Last edited:

candita

I love the Babyface Pure Protein treatment. Works on my hair better than either Aphogee did and is on par, if not more beneficial, for me than Emergencee is.

JC-Junkie

I also found another protein treatment, the Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe which also sounds really good. Its got lots of keratin and protein in it as well :yep:
Anyone tried that ? If you have how well did it work ?
There are so may great suggestions but, a lot of the products mentioned here aren't available her in the UK. I'm gonna try the Nexxus Polymedic as well as the other ones I could find, one at a time and compare them :grin: