INTERVENTION: Im addicted to lace front wigs.

aniyashair

PICS***INTERVENTION: Im addicted to lace front wigs.

*****pics of lace front and hubby's hair is in album******

Hello lovely LHCF ladies. This is my first post and just wanted to vent. please no negativity.

so my sister says I have a problem and need to be on the show intervention: Im addicted to lace front wigs:perplexed. I am not addicted. I just use them as a protective style while I grow my hair to waist length. I only have one wig at a time and replace it when its time for a new one. I know that I am not that bad. But man she makes me feel like I have a serious problem. My whole family thinks I am possessed or something just because I wear wigs to protect my hair. There is no other chocolatte in my family with waist length hair. Is it wrong to be the first? I don't really even care for wigs but they are really helping me to keep a low maintenance hair regimen and my hair has really flourished since I have moved on from braids.

My DH even hates my lace fronts. He has waist length hair and one time at a family function at my parents he snatched it off my head :blush: :lachen:. He would never do that in public. Him and my sister be tag teaming me.

My sister even had a friend come up to me and say "Hey did you know today was national wear your own hair day"! OMG really? lol

My family THINKS my hair is already long. I don't. From being on LHCF waist length doesnt even seem long anymore to me. maybe I do have a problem :ohwell:. Its not like Im selling tvs for my hair fix!!!

anyways I also want to thank those for all there great posts. It has really helped me to take care of my hair. I tell everyone about this site. I even had a friend in tears after she saw NJOYS hair progress. She swore up and down her parents were white :lachen:.

I will get my revenge. Once I reach waist length Im going to calmy walk up to my sister and whip my hair back in forth in her face:look:. Then she will see why I wore the wigs.

Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

I don't own a lace front (yet) but I do wear half wigs and the feed back I get from men and women who just aren't apart of this world is that either its a sign of laziness or I'm probably bald. For some reason some ppl think wigs are worst than weaves. THey don't understand that depending on the person its probably better for their hair. You know what works for you so stay steady on your journey girl, I know I will.

aniyashair

I don't own a lace front (yet) but I do wear half wigs and the feed back I get from men and women who just aren't apart of this world is that either its a sign of laziness or I'm probably bald. For some reason some ppl think wigs are worst than weaves. THey don't understand that depending on the person its probably better for their hair. You know what works for you so stay steady on your journey girl, I know I will.

HA! thats what my friends say about me. :grin:

Lady S

Haters. They're a bunch of haters. Wigs are fun. I refuse to intervene.

You should tell them it's National Kiss My :censored: Day. Or National Snatch My Wig Again And You Gonna Get Shanked Day.

LifeafterLHCF

I definitely feel your pain OP.I feel Im addicted to wigs and its not healthy at all.I find I'm like embarrassed to wear my own hair at all.But for the folks in your life give them one finger and keep it moving.Some ppl hate when your doing something different to get something sweet.

Solitude

Wait- your hubby has waist-length hair? Did I read that right? What's his regimen? Lol

Back on topic, it's your hair. Enjoy your wigs as long as you are taking care of your hair underneath.

curlyninjagirl

^^ Umm for realsies! Don't hold out on us! Husbands reggie please! Kidding...kinda. Keep doing your thing, girl. They don't understand right now but they will when you reach your goal.

Charlie555

Keep doing what works for you OP.

Side note: if my (haven't met him yet) husband snatched my wig off anywhere other then the bedroom he would be eating cereal for dinner for a month! Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

aniyashair

You guys are HILARIOUS!!!

my Dh regimen, i doubt you want it lol, he washes his hair 3 times a month, he puts absolutley nothing in his hair. he brushes his hair every morning and puts it in a pony tail bun. it must be the half white in him because i would be a bald headed scallywag if i did that :nono:

i dont have any pictures showing the length of his hair like that but i will get one and post it.

thanks for all your comments :)

Last edited:
Well, you do have some issues for not thinking waist-length is not long, j/k.

Do you, as long as you look fly, what can anyone else say? Now, if you are walking around looking janky with a lace front, that's another issue. I kinda feel like it defeats the purpose of owning a lacefront, if it is extremely obvious you are wearing a lace front. I just never understood that.

JJamiah

I love my lace fronts LOL and Wigs. I love them all!
I Love the variety. Just take care of your hair underneath and pay no attention to the nasty comments or teasing.

for the Hubbie occassionaly wear it out for him :) so he can see why you do it. Then lay the guilt on him and say it really bothers me when you tease me! (get another lace out of him) JK

Making him wait while you get another lace front is torture for them GREAT JOB! LOL

Keen

I also got lazy about taking care of my hair because of lacefront. I've been thinking about an intervention.

ThatJerseyGirl

Haters. They're a bunch of haters. Wigs are fun. I refuse to intervene.

You should tell them it's National Kiss My :censored: Day. Or National Snatch My Wig Again And You Gonna Get Shanked Day.

Lady S - omg..my stomach hurts....i don't even know you, but somehow, I could "hear" you saying this - facial expressions and all...
:lachen::lol::lachen::lol::lachen:

aniyashair

Well, you do have some issues for not thinking waist-length is not long, j/k.

Do you, as long as you look fly, what can anyone else say? Now, if you are walking around looking janky with a lace front, that's another issue. I kinda feel like it defeats the purpose of owning a lacefront, if it is extremely obvious you are wearing a lace front. I just never understood that.

I dont think its long enough because I am 6 ft tall (with heels:grin:) and now at mbl I feel bald headed :look:.

I know I look fly. My sister/DH says I look great with them they just feel my hair is long enough and dont need them. My sister feels im wasting my hair life away to wigs. and yes I hate it when girls wear lace front and its so obvious. I make sure mine looks like my hair.

aniyashair

I also got lazy about taking care of my hair because of lacefront. I've been thinking about an intervention.

lol. no getting lazy:). I make sure I take care of my hair. after awhile you get tired of coming home cute and then having to snatch your wig off. :lol:

aniyashair

I love my lace fronts LOL and Wigs. I love them all!
I Love the variety. Just take care of your hair underneath and pay no attention to the nasty comments or teasing.

for the Hubbie occassionaly wear it out for him :) so he can see why you do it. Then lay the guilt on him and say it really bothers me when you tease me! (get another lace out of him) JK

Making him wait while you get another lace front is torture for them GREAT JOB! LOL

your hair is beautiful :drool:. people like you make my "addicition" worse :lol:

i wear my hair out when im detangling it with conditioner. lol. thats all he is getting for now. he knows why i am doing it and he can see my progress. he just doesnt like fake hair AT ALL.

itismehmmkay

Hello lovely LHCF ladies. This is my first post and just wanted to vent. please no negativity.

so my sister says I have a problem and need to be on the show intervention: Im addicted to lace front wigs:perplexed. I am not addicted. I just use them as a protective style while I grow my hair to waist length. I only have one wig at a time and replace it when its time for a new one. I know that I am not that bad. But man she makes me feel like I have a serious problem. My whole family thinks I am possessed or something just because I wear wigs to protect my hair. There is no other chocolatte in my family with waist length hair. Is it wrong to be the first? I don't really even care for wigs but they are really helping me to keep a low maintenance hair regimen and my hair has really flourished since I have moved on from braids.

My DH even hates my lace fronts. He has waist length hair and one time at a family function at my parents he snatched it off my head :blush: :lachen:. He would never do that in public. Him and my sister be tag teaming me.

My sister even had a friend come up to me and say "Hey did you know today was national wear your own hair day"! OMG really? lol

My family THINKS my hair is already long. I don't. From being on LHCF waist length doesnt even seem long anymore to me. maybe I do have a problem :ohwell:. Its not like Im selling tvs for my hair fix!!!

anyways I also want to thank those for all there great posts. It has really helped me to take care of my hair. I tell everyone about this site. I even had a friend in tears after she saw NJOYS hair progress. She swore up and down her parents were white :lachen:.

I will get my revenge. Once I reach waist length Im going to calmy walk up to my sister and whip my hair back in forth in her face:look:. Then she will see why I wore the wigs.

Have a wonderful day!!

:lachen::lachen: at the bolded!

And I think I'm one of those folks who think wigs are worst than weaves :look: But probably because I've never worn one. #doyou

DrC

aniyashair

I have 3 lacefront wigs and buy new ones every 2 months ( disposing of the old ones). They are all always the same styles.
I even have a lacefront wig I only wore once and its hanging up in the back of my closet.

I find LF's to be the the best protective styling. It's efficient, easy, and helps me treat the 'Hand alway in my Hair' disease.

I don't think you have a problem at all.

Lynnerie

Have a wonderful day!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:This part cracked me !!!

growinghealthyhair

Wigs are so fun. And such great protective styles. This weekend I had a silk top lace wig sewn on. This is way less tension than a sew-in, and It's easy to get to my hair. Sewing it on is great, I don't have to worry about any glue!! :) I say forget them, you're doing it to protect your hair. IF it's working for you, continue to do it!

EbonyCPrincess

I agree with all of this!!!! I've worn my hair down and straight for the first time this year (some people have only seen it in braidouts, wigs, or weaved up) and they are all like OMG YOU HAVE LONG HAIR!!!! :perplexed My response is I told you I had a decent length of hair and it was healthy....what you thought I was lying?!?!

OP, if your DH hates it so much maybe you could wig it M-F and then on the weekends wear it down? Maybe in a braidout or something? I'm a firm believer that being miserable during the journey to your hair goal isn't worth it. :nono: Now if YOU are just fine with your wigs, go for it! But if it is starting to feel like a burden or a sacrifice....maybe taking the weekends off is worth it and you will still reach your hair goals quickly.

Nina_S

I lurve my wigs! As Goddessmaker said, I often feel like "NO! I can't wear my real hair out." The anglos are always asking,"Now is this your real hair?" WHY!!! If I were looking Davey Crockett you wouldn't be asking - go sit down!

princessnad

@aniyashair
How long do your wigs last?

I bought one that cost a pretty penny. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm wondering how long I can wear it without having to shell out more money. I was hoping for a year. It is a good quality wig based on what people say online.

aniyashair

@aniyashair
How long do your wigs last?

I bought one that cost a pretty penny. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm wondering how long I can wear it without having to shell out more money. I was hoping for a year. It is a good quality wig based on what people say online.

well i probably could wear it longer but i like to get a fresh one every month. i hate having a frizzy looking wig. i dont buy human hair wigs thats another reason why i get then more frequently. just make sure you take it off everynight and if it is human hair I think your suppose to wash it frequently :)

chosen1

I am too addicted to wigs. Its strange though that you are getting the opposition that you are getting because everyone I know wears wigs. Whether they have long or short hair. It's definitely the environment that I'm in. Even my cousin who has mbl hair; she wears lace fronts.

The only draw back for me is that lace front wigs have made me lazy. I keep my hair braided up and keep my wig on. I am slowly trying to get off the wig. Pray for me.

Lady S

I am too addicted to wigs. Its strange though that you are getting the opposition that you are getting because everyone I know wears wigs. Whether they have long or short hair. It's definitely the environment that I'm in. Even my cousin who has mbl hair; she wears lace fronts.

The only draw back for me is that lace front wigs have made me lazy. I keep my hair braided up and keep my wig on. I am slowly trying to get off the wig. Pray for me.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

It's not an addiction, we're merely connoisseurs. Collectors, if you will. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yep: