Interviewing New Stylist

Armyqt

Hey ladies, need your help on this one. I plan on going to Dillards in Dec for my touch up and possible trim. I already peeped out the stylist I'd like to use (she has nice, healthy hair) and would like to do a consultation with her. Please help me gather some important questions to ask. Right now I have:

1. What is your relaxing technique? (ie. start at the crown, do the edges last, new growth only, etc)

2. Do you deep condition w/protein and then w/moisturizing conditioner after relaxer?

3. Do you mind me 'seeing' the tub of relaxer u are using on my hair?

4. What are your styling techniques? (how much heat)

Any other suggestions!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

henrilou

Hey QT!
I was reading your thread and I was thinking. Don't forget to tell her what YOU want.

1. I like my hair relaxed in such and such a manner--

2. I really like "x" conditioner, do you keep that in stock?

3. My idea of a trim is "this" Can you trim the way I WANT or do you have a specific plan that YOU follow?

What I mean is: be aggressive. This is your hair. And if it falls down the sink during the rinse, no one cries but you...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I would ask if I could watch her do someone else's hair. This is usually where a stylist dismisses me as a lunatic. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wish I 'd done this with the last person I went to...
And make sure she doesn't use a bunch of outdated, greasy products and that sticky black hair gel--a sure sign she is stuck in a time warp.