Inverse Hair Tool Condtioning System

southerncitygirl

Looks interesting:

https://www.inversehair.com/shop

A girlfriend saw on on da Gram and DM'd it to me. Any thoughts?

David Roe

Hi all

My name is David Roe and I’m a hairdresser. I’ve done it for 29 years and I love it (most of the time) – In addition I’m an ex tutor for various academies throughout NZ.

I get, understand and love hair (most of the time) and I believe I can speak to each and every one of you members.

I’m also the inventor and founder of Inverse... Some of you will be familiar with this kiwi invention/innovation - others may not.

Inverse is just that – turning stuff on its head, Inversing the norm – saying F.Y to the world of chemicals and heat and demanding something better because we really really deserve something better. Something real and something that meets our needs and lifestyle...

For those who haven’t heard of us here’s a quick low down.

Inverse transforms hair from the inside out, using subzero temperatures. We’ve created a device that looks like a hot tong but it’s definitely anything but. No heat – no chemicals – no cords - no mess - just all-natural sub zero temperatures to make hair better than it’s ever been.

I mean - it makes what you’ve got better. It won’t straighten curly hair nor will it curl straight hair.

It turns natural fibre into how I imagine it was intended to be – no different to what you were born with but rather exaggerating what you’ve already got. Enhancing your natural beauty – not distorting - just amplifying it. Simple.

This is my story - Inverse is my story, the story of a NZ hairdresser recognizing a better way to do things and I invite all of you to be a part of this story. More than being our story, this is New Zealand’s story.

This is an opportunity to say; you know what? Your chemicals are making me sick, my babies sick, my skin is bad and I want something else. You know what? Your heat is breaking my hair off; it’s making me spend more and more on expensive treatments that are full of chemicals that just wash off and I’m sick of it! This is the story of going backwards to what worked, to not only what worked but also using modern day science and technology to understand why it worked.

Inverse is that old wives tale but on steroids. Cold water is the beginning Autumn-tint-of-gold, but nearly cold enough. What you experience with cold or icy water is just the beginning of what Inverse will do.

And that’s exactly what we did. We qualified the old wives tale. Not only did we prove it but also we measured the benefits with the world first science.

There’s probably been some confusion and questions around Inverse. I appreciate some of the confusion here but unless I saw the amazing benefits for myself, I wouldn’t have invested 6 years of mine and my families life into this.

I was also the first one to take money from a client for Inverse. I physically took money from my clients who purchased because they believed in me and my idea.

That was scary...what if they hated it or it didn’t work?? We proved it in the lab but what if the lab results didn't equal the user experience???

Not only did it work, But I’ve never seen hair return as beautiful as Inversed hair did. That was only after 4 weeks. Hair returning after 3 months was nothing like Id ever seen before.

This was dry brittle sensitized hair returning like spun gold !! It sparkled..

This is disruptive and almost eliminates the need for most retail products on the shelf...

I get its tough to get your head around this backward concept, hence 'Inverse'. It goes against the grain..Inverse is incredible, the more you use it the better your hair becomes.
Particularly when you use it on wet hair or in the shower but why not just use ice? right? Ice freezes at 0 degrees celsius and even though we measured a small benefit at that temp, it wasn't until we measured -3 to -8 degrees celsius did we realise that thats where the magic took place.

Understanding the keratin protein, that makes up our hair and nails, has bound water within it, much like a log of wood that has been felled. Over time this water dissipates and the 'wood' becomes dry and brittle allowing us to use as firewood. The bound water within keratin is similar. When we blow dry and straighten this bound water explosively evaporates out. Leaving the hair dry and brittle.

Try putting 200+ degrees on any other part of your body and see what happens! Inverse simply restores this bound water over time making the hair brand new again. It makes what ever you've got better. After 3 months of my clients using Inverse they barely straighten, condition or use styling products that effectively act as polyfilla or gap fillers. 6 months later hair is unrecognisable.

Why? Because the hair is completely hydrated.The biggest complaint I hear as a hairdresser of 29 years, is my hair feels dry. So we sell them moisturising products that contain silicone to give the feel of hydrated hair. What happens when they shampoo again?? They need to re condition to give the 'feeling' of hydration.
Whats not foreign to the human body? Water right? Inverse hydrates from the inside out. It restores and strengthens. Hair begins to sparkle. Eventually conditioner is no longer necessary. Think of Inverse as a bottle of conditioner that never runs out but does so much more.

Thanks for reading this and Id appreciate any comments :)

Last edited:

LushLox

@David Roe

Thank you. I note from your website that the product is available in NZ only. Will you be you be launching your product for the US and UK markets?

ETA: Apologies I see it is available for the US and UK

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
But will this work on our hair? I don't see anyone on the website with anything near afro hair. I can't imagine not using any products and quite frankly I love trying and using new products.

A lot of us have cut out silicones anyway already.

David Roe

But will this work on our hair? I don't see anyone on the website with anything near afro hair. I can't imagine not using any products and quite frankly I love trying and using new products.

Inverse was created for afro/curly hair! These are pictures of my wife, Carolinas hair, which is what inspired Inverse in the beginning. She was advised by an afro/american to use ice water. We took it a whole lot further with Inverse to where the magic happens :) Carolina before and after - note there was no styling product used whatsoever! Now she no longer uses conditioner and has no frizz!

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 46
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 44

David Roe

Inverse was created for afro/curly hair! These are pictures of my wife, Carolinas hair, which is what inspired Inverse in the beginning. She was advised by an afro/american to use ice water. We took it a whole lot further with Inverse to where the magic happens :) Carolina before and after - note there was no styling product used whatsoever1

LushLox

This type of tool is not a new phenomenon. So what makes this product different and what sets it apart from the competition?

von rose

Hi Napp :) You can order Inverse here www.inversehair.com we ship everywhere in the world

I'm still skeptical. How does inverse restore hydration if its closing the cuticle? Doesn't that mean that apart from after shampooing this product has limited value? Also, while keratin might be a little different won't the cold temperature of the inverse cause hair shaft swelling in the summer since the cuticle naturally opens in hotter weather (not to mention what happens to cells when exposed to frigid temperatures)? Just trying to be an informed consumer and way too expensive for me to take a chance on.

Last edited:

David Roe

This type of tool is not a new phenomenon. So what makes this product different and what sets it apart from the competition?
Hi Lush Lox :) The uniqueness is in the technology, not the embodiment. Until Inverse there was no device that treated the hair with sub-zero temperatures. There is no competition - Inverse is a first of its kind

David Roe

I'm still skeptical. How does inverse restore hydration if its closing the cuticle? Doesn't that mean that apart from after shampooing this product has limited value? Also, while keratin might be a little different won't the cold temperature of the inverse cause hair shaft swelling in the summer since the cuticle naturally opens in hotter weather (not to mention what happens to cells when exposed to frigid temperatures)? Just trying to be an informed consumer and way too expensive for me to take a chance on.
Hi von rose, you can read more about Inverse here https://www.inversehair.com/pages/the-science

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm trying to better understand the benefits of using this on Type 4a (coily, pen-spring sized) hair.

What would a regimen be once I have this tool?
Would I stop deep conditioning and using oils on my hair and just use this tool?
Would I cleanse my hair, and then use this tool over my whole head . . . and then . . . apply styler???

Do Type 4 naturals who use this tool only use cleanser, your spritz, and their styler of choice . . . and no conditioner? Is that the goal or resulting effect: no need for any more conditioner and hair that has less damage and stays conditioned virtually all of the time?

Thanks!

David Roe

I'm trying to better understand the benefits of using this on Type 4a (coily, pen-spring sized) hair.

What would a regimen be once I have this tool?
Would I stop deep conditioning and using oils on my hair and just use this tool?
Would I cleanse my hair, and then use this tool over my whole head . . . and then . . . apply styler???

Do Type 4 naturals who use this tool only use cleanser, your spritz, and their styler of choice . . . and no conditioner? Is that the goal or resulting effect: no need for any more conditioner and hair that has less damage and stays conditioned virtually all of the time?

Thanks!

Hi YvetteWithJoy, thanks for your comments, they are very good questions. Short answer - we simply recommend inserting Inverse into your typical beauty/cleansing regime because its soo personal to each individual. As time goes by you'll know what to stop, reduce or replace. A number of Inverse users simply cant use conditioner anymore because their hair becomes too soft and nearly all report they use 75% less conditioning and oil based products.

The Inverse effect is kind of semi-permanent. What I mean by that is when you stop Inversing the hair reverts back to the old hair over a period of weeks.

The biggest challenges people with afro and curly hair face are dryness, unmanageability and breakage.

This is because Afro and curly hair is ribbon like and sprouts from an oval shaped follicle opposed to a round shaped follicle like straight hair. It’s this structure that makes it more difficult for the oil (sebum) to work its way from the scalp to the ends of the hair. This type of texture is more prone to loss of moisture from the elements and styling, which means it needs a helping hand to maintain health, strength and hydration. Keratin protein is the fundamental building block of human hair and bound moisture is essential for strengthening Afro and curly hair. Without moisture the hair will become brittle and break along those weak points resulting in hair that just won’t seem to grow

This is why Inverse is the go-to tool to replenish moisture levels and strengthen those glorious curls. Inverse restores bound moisture within the keratin protein

Inverse treated hair is proven to be stronger with regular use– and that’s just the beginning! So what does this mean for you and your curls? A stronger, longer shinier head of type 4 hair!

Inverse works best on curly or Afro hair following a deep treatment or while the treatment is still in the hair. There are 2 reasons for this:
  • The weight of the product helps to de-volumize hair and makes it easier to treat.
  • Inverse works with your conditioning treatment helping to push it further into the cortex and hair structure
  1. Start by treating your hair as per usual, while your treatment is processing, section your hair into to 4 sections /quadrants -2 at the back and 2 at the front.
  2. Next start Inversing from the bottom up in generous sections.
  3. Remember the idea is to drop the temperature of the hair down to sub zero where the magic happens so don’t go too quickly
  4. Once you start using Inverse, avoid as much heat as you can for the first couple of weeks. Give that moisture time to compound, time to build up in the hair, and then you can re-introduce heat if necessary
  5. Careful attention should be paid to treating the top layers of your hair and the ends. This usually takes the brunt of exposure to the elements and tends to be the driest and frizziest on really curly hair.
  6. Rinse treatment and allow your hair to dry naturally for best results.
  7. Use Icemist before Inverse on the days you dont do deep conditioning treatments
I hope this answers your questions?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi YvetteWithJoy, thanks for your comments, they are very good questions. Short answer - we simply recommend inserting Inverse into your typical beauty/cleansing regime because its soo personal to each individual. As time goes by you'll know what to stop, reduce or replace. A number of Inverse users simply cant use conditioner anymore because their hair becomes too soft and nearly all report they use 75% less conditioning and oil based products.

The Inverse effect is kind of semi-permanent. What I mean by that is when you stop Inversing the hair reverts back to the old hair over a period of weeks.

The biggest challenges people with afro and curly hair face are dryness, unmanageability and breakage.

This is because Afro and curly hair is ribbon like and sprouts from an oval shaped follicle opposed to a round shaped follicle like straight hair. It’s this structure that makes it more difficult for the oil (sebum) to work its way from the scalp to the ends of the hair. This type of texture is more prone to loss of moisture from the elements and styling, which means it needs a helping hand to maintain health, strength and hydration. Keratin protein is the fundamental building block of human hair and bound moisture is essential for strengthening Afro and curly hair. Without moisture the hair will become brittle and break along those weak points resulting in hair that just won’t seem to grow

This is why Inverse is the go-to tool to replenish moisture levels and strengthen those glorious curls. Inverse restores bound moisture within the keratin protein

Inverse treated hair is proven to be stronger with regular use– and that’s just the beginning! So what does this mean for you and your curls? A stronger, longer shinier head of type 4 hair!

Inverse works best on curly or Afro hair following a deep treatment or while the treatment is still in the hair. There are 2 reasons for this:
  • The weight of the product helps to de-volumize hair and makes it easier to treat.
  • Inverse works with your conditioning treatment helping to push it further into the cortex and hair structure
  1. Start by treating your hair as per usual, while your treatment is processing, section your hair into to 4 sections /quadrants -2 at the back and 2 at the front.
  2. Next start Inversing from the bottom up in generous sections.
  3. Remember the idea is to drop the temperature of the hair down to sub zero where the magic happens so don’t go too quickly
  4. Once you start using Inverse, avoid as much heat as you can for the first couple of weeks. Give that moisture time to compound, time to build up in the hair, and then you can re-introduce heat if necessary
  5. Careful attention should be paid to treating the top layers of your hair and the ends. This usually takes the brunt of exposure to the elements and tends to be the driest and frizziest on really curly hair.
  6. Rinse treatment and allow your hair to dry naturally for best results.
  7. Use Icemist before Inverse on the days you dont do deep conditioning treatments
I hope this answers your questions?

Yes! That answers my questions. Thank you so much for the very thorough reply.

David Roe

We have set up a 15% discount for the readers of these threads.
  • Its valid from 20th June - 20th July 2017
  • At checkout it will deduct 15% from your total order i.e. You can purchase as many devices or ice mist as you like but is only valid once
  • The code will work once per person
  • At check out, enter in capitals: LONGHAIR15