Inversion Challenge 2016 (consistency Is Key)

PureSilver

Hello Ladies the Inversion Challenge begins on Jan 1st and will run though to Dec 31st 2016. Since last year some of us have gotten such good results, the challenge will continue for this year as requested by many challengers. For this challenge there will be four check in periods at the end of the following months: March, June, September, December. If possible please post starting pics by the end of the first week of January.

:welcome4: to our new Challengers, here you will get lots of support for your concerns in this challenge.

It's a tall order and if we remain committed if we should get some good growth so ladies both old and new challengers lets keep this challenge lively, fun and full of awesome results!

Please feel free to post your hair Stats:
Relaxed
Texlaxed
Natural
Transitioning
Big Chop
Current Length
Oils/Growth aids used

Challengers are listed below:

@Altruisticoam
@APrayer4Hair
@Beamodel
@bronxsoloist
@Cocoloves
@coolsista-paris
@ChasingBliss
@Dayjoy
@DrC
@Froreal3
@FollicleFanatic
@GrenadianGal
@growinstrong
@HairPleezeGrow
@hair4today
@Jobwright
@KammyGirl
@Lilmama1011
@Mahongony7
@ManiiSweetheart
@MonaRae
@Naphy
@newgrowth15
@naija24
@Nix08
@NowIAmNappy
@outspokenwallflower
@pelohello
@PinkSunshine77
@Prettymetty
@Poohbear
@SexySin985
@shortdub78
@SimJam
@smores
@trclemons
@xu93texas
@YaniraNaturally
@yaya24
@YellowMellow

I really don't like posting strict rules since everyone won't be able to adhere to them.
To do the challenge you can warm your oil of choice in the microwave for 15 seconds, or place bottle in pot or bowl of hot water to warm it; apply to your scalp then Invert doing the position you feel most comfortable in. Its your choice to oil or not, massage or not before or after inverting

:needpics: so i implore you to take Before and After shots because that's where the proof is:yep::yep:

HHG Ladies, lets do this!!!!

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I'm in :D yessss

I'm natural 2 yrs now. I big chopped 1.27.14. My hair is currently SL. My goal is WL
I don't use growth aids, oils or any of that. I just keep my hair clean and moisturized
I'll post pics momentarily

April 2014

December 2015
Dry and unstretched

Last edited:

trclemons

I'm ready!!!

Hair: Natural

Big Chop: December 14, 2014

Current Length: APL

2016 Goal Length: MBL

# of Inches to Reach Goal: 4.5

Regimen: LCOB, scalp massage & baggy daily, CW on Tuesdays and alternate between CW & shampoo on Saturdays. Weekly DCs under heat cap, conditioner & oil pre-poos, reconstructors, & AVJ spritz. Monthly scalp detox, ayurvedic powders, & ACV rinses.

Oils/Growth aids used:
NJoy, Keravada, Mielle Organics, Hydrathermals, Liquid Gold, Hairitage Hydration, Kyra Shea Medley

upload_2015-12-31_11-24-26.png

Guinan

Re-Branding
YAY!!!!! I'm in!!!!

Hair:
Natural

Big Chop: August 2014

Current Length: APL

2016 Goal Length: Whip

# of Inches to Reach Goal: 10

Regimen: MHM and modified MHM

Oils/Growth aids used:
Wild Growth Hair Oil and Shea butter

Attachments

• rps20151231_140410.jpg
    rps20151231_140410.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 136
  • rps20151231_135902.jpg
    rps20151231_135902.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 893
Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I think I'm gonna have to find another way to measure my hair. My sister got all bent out of shape cause I asked her to take a pic of my hair, lol.

Aggie

I really hate doing these but I want to give it a fair go for a year.

Add me.

I am mildly texlaxed, shoulder length, using vitamins and mn/oils for scalp massages as my growth aids.

I will update if anything changes to enhance and speed up my growth.

My hair goal this year is full APL to BSL. Either one is fine for me.

Daina

I would like to join! I'm new to the inversion method so don't have any staple oils yet so any recommendations you veteran ladies have would be great.

Current length: BSB
Oil/Regimen: None yet looking for ideas
Goal(s): Short-term BSL/MBL;

Attachments

• 20151231_120407.jpg
    20151231_120407.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 135

fifigirl

I'd love to....i do inversions every month at the end of the month

Current Length - APL
Hair- Texlaxed /Transitioning to Natural
Oil - MN oil mix of castor oil, amla oil, olive oil OR MN, sulphur, castor , olive and shea oil

....no pics yet as my hair has been in braids. Will update when i straighten hair end of January

sonia1965

I would like to join this challenge. I have long wanted to do this method, but never really started.

I am currently 18 weeks post texlex with a keratin treatment.

Hair type, fine 4a, and currently different lengths all over due to breakage! At the back, just below shoulder length, but I am likely to do a chop soon!

My oils will be - JBCO, BCO, coconut and emu oil
My Goal - I'm transitioning, so thicker and even hair, to full shoulder length would be my goal!

bronxsoloist

Omg thank you for the mention. I was starting my own personal Inversion challenge and now I'm not alone, yay!!
I like to couple the Inversion with positive Affirmations.
And of course scalp massages

bronxsoloist

I got so excited I didn't post my stats.
Natural and healthy for 3+ years
Length - Shortest Layer APL Longest Layer MBL
Oils/Growth aids used- none really. I use simulating oils on my scalp, the usuals, Peppermint and T Tree, dash of my Rapunzel Oil.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I would like to join! I'm new to the inversion method so don't have any staple oils yet so any recommendations you veteran ladies have would be great.

Current length: BSB
Oil/Regimen: None yet looking for ideas
Goal(s): Short-term BSL/MBL;
Your curls are beautiful! Did you rollerset it?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm in!

Natural, almost waist length, ultimate goal is hip length. I'm not sure what oil I'll be using probably EDJBCO/coconut oil mix or a sulfur oil mix. I'll post a starting pic Sunday when I actually start my inversions.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty thank you! No my sister curled it for me. Quick question, what is mn oil? I'm looking for some oils to do my inversions. Also do you still oil when your hair is straight or just do the inversions?
Mn is miconazole nitrate the active ingredient in antifungal creams. I use monistat mixed with peppermint oil. When my hair is straight I only use an oil every other day I invert.

Daina

Mn is miconazole nitrate the active ingredient in antifungal creams. I use monistat mixed with peppermint oil. When my hair is straight I only use an oil every other day I invert.

Thanks don't know much about mn, why is it good to use?

YellowMellow

I'm totally in!

This is the worst length check pic I've ever taken but will have to do I've already washed my hair lol

I'm natural SL super close to APL so my goal is MBL this year. I'll be using coconut oil for massages. Just swung up and finished day 1!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 106

Aggie

I'm totally in!

This is the worst length check pic I've ever taken but will have to do I've already washed my hair lol

I'm natural SL super close to APL so my goal is MBL this year. I'll be using coconut oil for massages. Just swung up and finished day 1!
Don't you mean BSL first, then MBL @YellowMellow? MBL is just before waist but a little below BSL. MBL is between BSL and waist length. If you accomplish that this year, then your hair grows super fast. I sure wish mine did.