Inversion Challenge 2017 & Beyond

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Inverted for 5 minutes, day 1 of 7 completed for the month of September, no massage. I did not do inversion in August 2017.

Chicoro

Hi @Chicoro, I noticed that you have not massaged your scalp this time around. Is your hair in a protective style or is there a different reason you have for not massaging?

Hi @newgrowth15 ,
I haven't massaged in months. For me, the 5 minute of massage doesn't seem to add value, especially since I'm only massaging for 5 minutes, on 7 days out the month. But I could be wrong.

Chicoro

Inverted 5 minutes Day #7/7 for month of September (skipped 4 days) Documenting for the record.

Saga

The Generous Queen
I need to get back in here
Same. I haven't been able to do it due to being underway so there's nowhere to really invert without someone looking at me crazy saying "Wyd???" but I'm home now so I'm gonna do it for the months of November and December for sure.

Chicoro

Inversion for October.

Day #1 of #7. Inverted for 5 minutes no massage.

newgrowth15

Day 2 inverted with oil and massage.

Day 3 inverted with oil and massage.

I watched C Babe (fast forward to 5:30 to see her massage method) on YouTube put oil on her scalp, put on a plastic shower cap and do a scalp massage through the shower cap. It allowed her to really massage her scalp with the oil going into her scalp rather than under her fingernails and it put less tension on her fragile edges. I tried it tonight and it worked for me as well. I will incorporate this method from now on when I do scalp massages.

Last edited: