Inversion Challenge Jan-Dec 2014

newgrowth15

I am going to attempt to do the whole week. I flat ironed my hair today, so I will have a starting point photo.

Day 1 done. No added oil on the scalp, but I did massage my scalp.

newgrowth15

I can't remember if I inverted last night, so I did it this morning with no oil and no massage. That would be Day 4. I'll invert again later this evening to make day 5.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Day one was yesterday for me.
Tonight = day 2

GrenadianGal

On my haircare journey
Would like to join this. I started inverting on September 30th. So today would be day 5. Didn't massage or oil today. Starting length

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

newgrowth15

Welcome @GrenadianGal. Don't forget to take progress pictures for your records, even if you don't share them. There may be times when you will experience thickness or health, rather than length. Don't give up and you will reach your goals.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Did an inversion session this morning for 4 minutes.
No oils.

GrenadianGal

On my haircare journey
Welcome @GrenadianGal. Don't forget to take progress pictures for your records, even if you don't share them. There may be times when you will experience thickness or health, rather than length. Don't give up and you will reach your goals.
Thank you. I appreciate the welcome. I am really hoping for BSL healthy natural hair. I've never been at that length in my life. Even when I was young so it is kind of like a unicorn for me.

newgrowth15

Day 6 done. Massaged with Morrocan oil (trying to use it up, don't like the smell)

Mix it with something you do like, i.e, lavender, peppermint, vanilla, etc.

If I can offer you any encouragement, it would be to start your journey with or seeking healthy hair first and length second. I did the opposite. I, too, never had hair longer than ear length, even as a child. Through advice from the LHCF family and others, I eventually grew my hair to within 2 inches of waist length on two separate occasions, but I had about 10 inches of damaged ends, because I was so obsessed with length. In November of 2013, I cut off about 5 inches and in January of this year, I cut off another 5 inches. I am now back to BSL, but not fully. I expect to be a healthy and full BSL again by the end of the year.

P.S. If you start with healthy hair, you will be able to leave the scissors alone if you keep your ends protected.

GrenadianGal

On my haircare journey
Mix it with something you do like, i.e, lavender, peppermint, vanilla, etc.

If I can offer you any encouragement, it would be to start your journey with or seeking healthy hair first and length second. I did the opposite. I, too, never had hair longer than ear length, even as a child. Through advice from the LHCF family and others, I eventually grew my hair to within 2 inches of waist length on two separate occasions, but I had about 10 inches of damaged ends, because I was so obsessed with length. In November of 2013, I cut off about 5 inches and in January of this year, I cut off another 5 inches. I am now back to BSL, but not fully. I expect to be a healthy and full BSL again by the end of the year.

P.S. If you start with healthy hair, you will be able to leave the scissors alone if you keep your ends protected.
Thank you for the encouragement I appreciate the information. I'm going to try to keep my focus on healthy hair. I'm also looking at my overall health.