~*~*ION COLOR DEFENSE LINE~*~* REVIEWS PLEASE

ItsyBitsy

Since I achieved the perfect haircolor using the Ion Semi Permanent Hair Rinses, I really need to find products to maintain it. Originally I was going to pick up the Aveda Color Conserve line but I see that Sally's has their Color Defense Line on sale. Has anyone used the poo & the Intense Moisture Conditioner? If so...... reviews please :grin:

tia

LivingDoll

Hi ItsyBitsy...I don't have a review, sorry:ohwell:

BUT...

I was wondering how you like the ION Hair Color and what color you use. I wanted to try the semi-perm in black a while back but I couldn't find any reviews on the ION Hair Colors on the board.

TIA!

ItsyBitsy

Hey D!
I love this stuff!!! I mixed the Darkest Brown & the Red Brown together. The result is a really deep brown with a burgandy undetone. It leaves my hair really soft and smooth. I can definetly feel the difference in my hairs texture when I use this.

My only complaint is that the color dosens't stick. After the first wash most of the color washed out.
Several ladies suggested that I not condition before applying the color.

I did as they suggested and the color is richer but I won't know if it made a real difference in getting the color to stick until I shampoo my hair.

Hopefully the Ion Color line will help too.

LivingDoll

Hey D!
I love this stuff!!! I mixed the Darkest Brown & the Red Brown together. The result is a really deep brown with a burgandy undetone. It leaves my hair really soft and smooth. I can definetly feel the difference in my hairs texture when I use this.

My only complaint is that the color dosens't stick. After the first wash most of the color washed out.
Several ladies suggested that I not condition before applying the color.

I did as they suggested and the color is richer but I won't know if it made a real difference in getting the color to stick until I shampoo my hair.

Hopefully the Ion Color line will help too.

Okay, Thanks! It helps to know the pros and cons. Have you ever tried Matrix Prizms or Color Showers? Just wondering how the colors compare.

ItsyBitsy

I used Matrix. I really like it but it's expensive & not readily available. I had to rely on my friend to get it for me from the license beauty supply. She's slow & I'm impatient so :rolleyes:

LivingDoll

Okay...yeah I agree with the availability. I'm thinking of getting a few tubes from ebay but before I do that I may try the Ion. Thanks for the review!

If you try the Color Defense line, PM me to let me know how you like it. Thanks again!

P.S. Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!:yep:

aloof one

I think a lot of ladies on this board don't want to try the ION line for one reason or another. I always see folks raving about brand name stuff and spending an arm and a leg for products, so I am guessing Sally's ION brand is too generic/cheap for them.:look:

Its my absolute favorite line. Anything they make typically works very well on my hair so far, and I plan to use their rinse line if I decide on coloring. I think the Color Defense line looks good, too.

A lot of products are geared toward black people and don't do anything. ION is just geared toward hair, and it does a great job:yep: Tell us how it works if you get it!

ItsyBitsy

Thanks Ladies!

I stopped by Sally's while I was out to lunch. I bought the Color Defense set that includes the Poo, Intense Moisture Conditioner & the Leave in. It was only $12.99.
I also picked up 4 bottles of the Ion hair color. They are on sale buy 3 get 1 free.
I'll be sure to give a review over the weekend.

P.s. I got the Curlformers set yesterday so I'll be experimenting with those too :spinning: Wish Me Luck :ohwell:

gymfreak336

Hi sis!

I can't wait to try this color. I bought the same colors you used. If I like it, I will start using it with developer to make it a demi. I think Brownie was just raving about the Ion color conditioner. I might check it out this week. I have a ton of newgrowth right now so I am waiting until I relax to use the colors sometime then. I will keep you posted.

Brownie518

Thanks Ladies!

I stopped by Sally's while I was out to lunch. I bought the Color Defense set that includes the Poo, Intense Moisture Conditioner & the Leave in. It was only $12.99.
I also picked up 4 bottles of the Ion hair color. They are on sale buy 3 get 1 free.
I'll be sure to give a review over the weekend.

P.s. I got the Curlformers set yesterday so I'll be experimenting with those too :spinning: Wish Me Luck :ohwell:

Itsy, I have recently started sing the Intense Moisture Treatment that you got in your set and it is excellent!!! Great slip, great moisture, great for my hair! I love it! New staple, fo sho!!! :yep:

gymfreak336

Itsy, I have recently started sing the Intense Moisture Treatment that you got in your set and it is excellent!!! Great slip, great moisture, great for my hair! I love it! New staple, fo sho!!! :yep:

Don't make me go to sallys right now! :lol: Its only around the corner from where I am right now too :nono:

ItsyBitsy

Hi sis!

I can't wait to try this color. I bought the same colors you used. If I like it, I will start using it with developer to make it a demi. I think Brownie was just raving about the Ion color conditioner. I might check it out this week. I have a ton of newgrowth right now so I am waiting until I relax to use the colors sometime then. I will keep you posted.

Hey Sis! I think you'll like the 2 colors mixed :yep:

FYI, I use the whole brown & about 1/4 of the Red Brown. Next time i'll add a little more red.

The Sally's saleslady raved about the Color Defense Conditioner & Leave In. She said it's really moisturizing, detangles & helps seal the cuticle to lock in color.

I'll use the Color Defense leave-in in place of the Joico Daily Leave-In spray. I'll let you know how it works.

ItsyBitsy

Thanks Brownie!!! Have you tried the Leave In spray?

There on sale 2 for $12 or 2 for $10.

ItsyBitsy

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:. Im too broke. I'll wait for my kenra DC and humectress (I use as a leave in) to run out first. But this is def on my list!!!

Girl, I have a whole liter of Kenra MC left :blush:
I LOVE my Kenra but I really need something that won't strip my color. I'll experiment with this & see what happens.

gymfreak336

Hey Sis! I think you'll like the 2 colors mixed :yep:

FYI, I use the whole brown & about 1/4 of the Red Brown. Next time i'll add a little more red.

The Sally's saleslady raved about the Color Defense Conditioner & Leave In. She said it's really moisturizing, detangles & helps seal the cuticle to lock in color.

I'll use the Color Defense leave-in in place of the Joico Daily Leave-In spray. I'll let you know how it works.

I am excited to use them. I am going to go ahead and get the ION. I'll pick it up on Sunday. I have decided to start rinsing my hair on a regular basis so if this works well then I will have my staple rinse. I will probably alternate the color with a clear rinse.

ItsyBitsy

I am excited to use them. I am going to go ahead and get the ION. I'll pick it up on Sunday. I have decided to start rinsing my hair on a regular basis so if this works well then I will have my staple rinse. I will probably alternate the color with a clear rinse.

When you say regular basis, how often do you think the rinses can be reapplied without causing damage?

I'm going to use the Ion set in the morning.

I decided NOT to use the curlformers for this wash. I have a big meeting Monday morning & I can't risk looking like a poodle if it doesn't turn out right :ohwell:

gymfreak336

When you say regular basis, how often do you think the rinses can be reapplied without causing damage?

I'm going to use the Ion set in the morning.

I decided NOT to use the curlformers for this wash. I have a big meeting Monday morning & I can't risk looking like a poodle if it doesn't turn out right :ohwell:

Whats up sis:)

Since they coat the hair, I think once every 5-6 weeks is enough. I am going to try using semi rinses more often to help with my porosity issues.

:lol: @ poodle

ItsyBitsy

Well, I used the poo, conditioner & leave in yesterday.

Color Defense Poo- This was nothing great...no slip...didn't help with tangles...color still bleed. Overall I didn't care for it.. 2 out of 10

Color Defense Conditioner- I applied this after I poo & lightly towel blotted my hair. Upon contact the tangles melted away. The consistency is really thick & the smell is nice.... not too overwhelming. I left it in for about 5 minutes while I finished in the shower (I cranked the hot water up to create extra steam). As I rinse the conditioner out I was able to comb my hair effortlessly with a middle size comb with no pulling or shedding. I did notice the color bleed a little less than when I used my Kenra MC.
7 out of 10

Color Defense Leave In- I applied this on soaking wet hair followed by a few squirts of Aveda Brilliant Serum. I rollerset and wrapped as usual. Detangling was a breeze. 6 out of 10

This morning my hair is soft BUT my hair feels like it has a film to it..kind of chalky :ohwell: & doesn't have the shine it normally has. Plus, the color has slipped so my greys are peeking through :peek:. I'm guessing after 1 more shampoo the color will be gone :wallbash:

I'm going to use it 1 more time before completely ruling it out.
So right now I'm on the fence.

LivingDoll

Hi sis!

Hey Gymfreak! Can you explain the bolded? Can you add a developer to any semi perm color?

LivingDoll

Just about. I got that from the clairol pro website. Basically, I would apply 10vol developer for 10 minutes, rinse and then apply the rinse.

Wow, I learn something new everyday. I did a Clairol Demi last month and although it covered well it was sooo dull! I wonder if I would get a better result if I tried your method?