Ionic hair dryers.....the BOMB!

Milkchoc

I have been seeing the new ionic hair dryers for months now, and always wondered what they were about. So, yesterday, I was at Sally's and broke down and bought one. I saved my reciept because I just KNEW I would be taking that sucker back. NOT. I don't know how it works, but I have to say, it is one of my best hair purchases! My hair is natural, and I flat iron with a stove and iron. With my old dryer, I would have to work hard to get the ends straight enough to flat iron. Well, with this new Ionic dryer, my hair dried soft and straight! I was amazed! They dryer was 69 on sale, but worth every penny! I have seen cheaper ones, but I don't know how well they work. Anyone else using one?

Jade21

All I can say is "wow" and thanks for an excellent review.

I know that NYCITY was interested in more info on these.

You spent your money very wisely indeed

~Jade~

NYCITY

Milkchoc,
Is this a blow dryer or a bonnet (sit under with rollers) dryer? I wanted a bonnet dryer for whenever i wet set that was ionic.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
i think they only make ionic hand dryers but sally's sells a bonnet that you hook up to a dryer so you can turn any hand dryer into a bonnet!

Milkchoc

Luvhair is correct.....it is a blow dryer, and I don't know if it would work with a bonnet attachment, but you can always try.....remember to save that reciept! If it works, I imagine a roller set would come out fantastic!

hair

That sounds great! Do the dryer has any websites that has photos of what it looks like and information.
I’m so curisious about what it looks like. Is it like a hand blow dryer a dorm dryer or it attaches to something. I might give it a try.

Thanks

MissB

Hot Tools makes a bonnet dryer that is ionic. It is model 1061 (2000 series). I saw it at a beauty supply store on yesterday.

MissB

Milkchoc

Kamilla, the hand held dryer did seem to dry my hair faster, softer, and straighter. I don't know about the bonnet or hood dryer the others are speaking of. However, according to the info on the box, the ionic dryers are supposed to break the water droplets into smaller droplets which would make it dry faster. Don't ask me how it works, but it did!

MissB

NYCITY,

I saw the second one at the BSS. The price at appliancesource is a bargain because it was $20 higher at the BSS. However, the vents were in the top and back only.

MissB