Irish Moss anyone?

CurlyRy

I never knew that it could be used for hair.....hmmm the herb/product junkie in me is hankering for something new. I think after hearing about soft and strong hair that I'm going to have to give this a try

GGsKin

I made a conditioner with Irish Moss. I used a recipe from Dubai Dee's blog;
Irish Moss soaked overnight and then put to boil. Once soft add some shea butter and honey and allow to cool..then blend it all up and strain.

I didn't use it it my hair- it was for my HiPo 4a/b friend. I used it as a leave-in and she loved it in her hair. Can be used as a rinse out or leave-in.

Ajna

I used to use it as like a tea rinse. When I was trying to get my curls to form better Irish moss and slippery elm with a little green tea was amazing!.
Basically I would put about a tablespoon of all three inside of a tea strainer then add boiling water let it sit for about 30 minutes so it could cool completely then use it instead of a leave in.

As for eating it I used it a few times when I was a vegan as a thickener and it was a pain in the arse because you have to make it a paste first but never thought about it in terms of hair growth. I would love to know if it makes a difference.

Platinum

I have some Irish Moss that I haven't used in a while. I was thinking about making some Irish Moss drink. I never thought about using it for hair. I wonder if I can make a leave-in conditioner since I have locs.

ChasingBliss

I have some Irish Moss that I haven't used in a while. I was thinking about making some Irish Moss drink. I never thought about using it for hair. I wonder if I can make a leave-in conditioner since I have locs.
I make a batch every week to put in my drinks. I save some in another jar for weekly facial masks. I drink green smoothies just about every day with two table spoons of irish moss and was told once that its likely the reason why my locs grew so fast (surpassing those who had longer locs than mine when I started). I cant be sure of that. This stuff is really good tho. Never thought of putting it in my hair.

Platinum

I make a batch every week to put in my drinks. I save some in another jar for weekly facial masks. I drink green smoothies just about every day with two table spoons of irish moss and was told once that its likely the reason why my locs grew so fast (surpassing those who had longer locs than mine when I started). I cant be sure of that. This stuff is really good tho. Never thought of putting it in my hair.

Well, I looks like I need to start drinking this regularly. I noticed that when I was drinking it before, my skin was so radiant and I had a lot of energy. I need to purchase it in powder form, it easier for me to have when I'm on the road.

CurlyRy

I would finally like to add this into my supplements routine.

Those who have taken it/still take it, would you advise buying it in a powder form, pill form or dried?

NaturalShe94

I saw this thread and referred to it in the most Jamaican way in my head “ah weh eyerish mashh ah go” .... Never thought to use it in hair, it makes for a wonderful drink especially with rum cream. Lol.