Is Anyone Still Using Ovation?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Back when I was a lurker, Ovation and Megatek were a big deal. I bought a 2oz of Megatek back in the day, but I don't remember being consistent enough with it. I keep hearing Ovation commercials on the radio and my inner pj wants to try it...

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
My hair LOVES protein, so regular weekly usages works well for me. I have colored (dyed) hair and have been able to maintain length without breakage. Right now I'm working on density issues so protein is part of my plan but I've added henna/cassia glosses to the mix.

But, early on with my Megatek usage, I've been able to reverse my high porosity down to normal-high. I used to have issues with my hair drying so fast that I could stand under a window fan and dry in 5-10 minutes with or without product. Now I have normal drying times. Long term, I think you hair gets used to it, so in recent months I have been rotating products more frequently. But I haven't had any long term issues with weekly usage so I'm pleased with it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair LOVES protein, so regular weekly usages works well for me. I have colored (dyed) hair and have been able to maintain length without breakage. Right now I'm working on density issues so protein is part of my plan but I've added henna/cassia glosses to the mix.

But, early on with my Megatek usage, I've been able to reverse my high porosity down to normal-high. I used to have issues with my hair drying so fast that I could stand under a window fan and dry in 5-10 minutes with or without product. Now I have normal drying times. Long term, I think you hair gets used to it, so in recent months I have been rotating products more frequently. But I haven't had any long term issues with weekly usage so I'm pleased with it.
Thanks for the review. My hair loves protein too. Have you noticed faster growth?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Thanks for the review. My hair loves protein too. Have you noticed faster growth?

I can easily say that on the months that I'm consistent, I can get double my growth rate (I can use my grey roots as a marker). I think it really comes down to how consistent we are with whatever product we use.

Also, I didn't really find Megatek to be the miracle product when mixed as a growth aid using one of those old recipes you find in the old threads.