Is BSL and WSL really close together for you?

KurlyNinja

I have to ask because I'm starting to think I'm shaped a bit weird. :lol: Im starting to close in on BSL and will probably be there at 3 years post relaxer in March (HOPEFULLY!). I feel like there is more than a foot between my shoulders and below my shoulder blades. Yet after I reach that, its only 3 inches from there to my waist. I've measured different times and at different angles and its seriously only 3 inches. I think I may be high waisted. Extremely high waisted. Anybody else built like this?

BraunSugar

Yes. I have a high waist too. The distance from the bottom of my bra strap to my waist is about 3 inches maybe. I just recently paid extra attention to that since I've been focusing on my growth. That's also why I changed my ultimate goal from MBL to waist length since there is probably 1.5 inches between the 2 places (MBL & WL) on my body.

Last edited:

beautyaddict1913

Yes! I'm like that too but I always thought waist length was so close to bsl/Mbl because I'm chubby but I guess it's the shape that makes the difference lol. I posted a pic for u! This was November 14. I'm between bsl and Mbl and waist length is near lol

image-2957602832.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
MBL and WL are pretty much the same on me. I'm only 5'2".

ETA: For me the real trials will be getting to APL and BSB.

g.lo

i am 5'6" and i have a high waist. now my BSL/MBL is like 2 inches away from my waist.
Reason why only claimed BSB and will skip straight to claiming MBL (my BSL=MBL).
You are not weirdly shaped OP.

FrazzledFraggle

What in the world...LOL. My bra strap is a good 8" or more from my waist. I don't mean to be rude but those of you who have short distance between BSL and WL, are you short?

bebezazueta

I'm 5'3" & BSL to WL IS 5 inches apart. When I was heavier & didn't really have a waist it seemed to be 3 inches apart. LOL!

Angel of the North

I have a high waist too, from BSL I'm about 4 inches away from WL and I'm 5'7". I don't think there's much between BSL and MBL for me either now that I'm thinking about it, it's less than an inch if that.

BraunSugar

What in the world...LOL. My bra strap is a good 8" or more from my waist. I don't mean to be rude but those of you who have short distance between BSL and WL, are you short?

I'm 5'5. About average height. We are referring to our natural waists right?

I am guessing that if you have more than 5 inches between your bra strap (the bottom of it ) and your waist, then you have a longer torso. My torso is short.

cocosweet

I have a high waist too, from BSL I'm about 4 inches away from WL and I'm 5'7". I don't think there's much between BSL and MBL for me either now that I'm thinking about it, it's less than an inch if that.
:yep:

For me, the difference between BSL/MBL is 1". From MBL to WL is 4". I'm 5'5".

empressri

Yeah I'm over here like :ohwell: trying to figure this out...your bra strap is going to hit where it's supposed to, and your waist... Your bra strap should be nowhere near your waist unless you're....I have no idea lol but that goes for all heights and weights.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm 5'8. The difference between bsl and mbl is only 1". From mbl to wl is 3" (bsl to wl is 4"). :yep:

Yeah I was thinking about this myself and I'm glad you made this post. I think it's actually really different for everyone. Once I hit MBL there is a minute between that and WL. But my bra strap rests under my shoulder blades so I was wondering what the difference between BSB and BSL (for me)...I have long shoulder blades I guess (I'm 5'5 and skinny). I kind of wish that there was a more standardized system like measuring the hair length in inches, because someone's WL could very well be someone else's BSL or MBL...which might make some of us feel better lol :p

Fhrizzball

Weight can play a role as the more fat you lose the better your posture will become most likely thus elongating your torso. Even so some people have surprisingly short torsos so it's not so far fetched. I'm 5'4 but WL is ~6 inches for me.

bebezazueta

Fhrizzball said:
Weight can play a role as the more fat you lose the better your posture will become most likely thus elongating your torso. Even so some people have surprisingly short torsos so it's not so far fetched. I'm 5'4 but WL is ~6 inches for me.

Thank you lady! My pics prove this. Losing 60 lbs made a difference!

Ogoma

5'7 and a good 5 inches between BSL and WL. My waist is above my belly-button, but not as much as the picture posted above.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm also a short torso person. It could be because of the added weight but I dont think so. I've always been pretty short waisted. For me Bra strap to waist length is 3 inches.

g.lo

my daughter just took measurement for me. From BSL/MBL to WL 2.5 inches:yep:.
Now from WL to HL it is 6 inches!!:ohwell:

Sholapie

My bsl to wsl is about 3 inches, I'm measuring from the bottom of the strap. I'm 5'8 (I think I have a short torso and a high waist lol :ohwell: ) I also like my bra band to sit low, that may have a lot to do with it.

Nonie

MBL and WL are pretty much the same on me. I'm only 5'2".

ETA: For me the real trials will be getting to APL and BSB.

Froreal3 I'm 5'2" too but my measurements are different. BSB and MBL are closer maybe an inch or so apart. MBL to WL distance is 4.5 inches.

Are you measuring MBL as the middle of the distance from top of back (bottom of neck) to bottom of back (around tailbone):

BrownieBrie

You can fasten a bra anywhere, so I really don't use it as a milestone. My bra hits a what is MBL on me and that's about 3-4 inches from WL.