Is it possible to have 5 inch shoulder length hair

soslychic

I'm so confused. After that recent measuring post, I got to thinking...my hair in the back is basically to my shoulders and the front is about to the middle or bottom of my cheek. The sides and middle part are in between those 2 lengths. so my whole head looks layered, BUT! I realized that it's ALL the same length and it's just how the hair is placed, (the hair in the back is at the bottom of my head and obviously longer than the hair at the front and very top of my head, but it's still the same length) hope that makes sense. It was just a weird realization since I've always wondered why the back of my hair is so much longer. Does anyone else have hair like this?

twinietwintwin

Hi!!! I thought I was the only one who thought like this... I have the same problem.... My hair at the back of my head is past shoulders about 2-3 inches and my hair on the front sides are a little past chin length.... If anyone has a remark about this let me know thanks

God bless

crystal

ms_kenesha

Your hair will always look layered if it's growing at the same rate because of the placement of hair on your head. I was explaining this to my mom one day, if your hair is 12 inches...12 in at your nape would be bra strap, but if it was 12 in from the hair line it'd be shoulder or neck length on you, same part with all the other positions on your head. If someone has a blunt cut their hair was usually longer and they just got it cut to the shortest point so that all the hair looks one length.

soslychic

So I suppose that when I begin to trim more, it will eventually even out? Do you think it will look weird in the process?

ms_kenesha

If you want a blunt cut I would recommend that you grow it out to your goal length and then even it up slowly by trimming the longest layers every month until your shortest layers catch up.
Easy does it!

EbonyEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Your hair will always look layered if it's growing at the same rate because of the placement of hair on your head. I was explaining this to my mom one day, if your hair is 12 inches...12 in at your nape would be bra strap, but if it was 12 in from the hair line it'd be shoulder or neck length on you, same part with all the other positions on your head. If someone has a blunt cut their hair was usually longer and they just got it cut to the shortest point so that all the hair looks one length.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit it right on the head! I was just thinking about this yesterday! My hair is about 6 inches all over but the hair at the nape is well below my neck, almost touching my shoulders whereas the hair in the front only reaches my ear. So when I get my hair blowdried out, my hair looks layered.

I kinda wish that my hair in the front would grow a little faster than the back so that I can put it in a ponytail but I'm just thankful that my hair is actually growing at a decent rate!

-Ebony