Is it possible to miss the timing of GOD?

gn1g

Just want your thoughts?

I've heard pastors say to members that "you are 5 years behind where God would have you to be?

Also when God gives you an instruction are you quick to do it or do you take your time? I.e. if God tells you to tell a person something do you do that immediately? If God ask you to purchase something or give something away that is very expensive are you quick to obey?

Just wondering, if you take too long could you miss the timing of God.

My mom says if God says something to you be quick to obey.

Yes, it is possible to miss the timing of God if we ignore His instruction and fall into disobedience. The classic example is Israel in the Old Testament circling the wilderness for 40 years (particularly in the book of Numbers 10 and onwards).

NUMBERS 13 - God asks the people to scout Canaan ...
Exploring Canaan

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Send some men to explore the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites. From each ancestral tribe send one of its leaders.”

NUMBERS 14 - The people are fearful of what they saw and rebel against the Lord's instruction to continue into Canaan/The Promised Land ...
6 Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had explored the land, tore their clothes 7 and said to the entire Israelite assembly, “The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good. 8 If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. 9 Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will devour them. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them.”
10 But the whole assembly talked about stoning them.

NUMBERS 14 - As a result of their disobedience, the Lord delays their "timing" for 40 years ....
Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun. 31 As for your children that you said would be taken as plunder, I will bring them in to enjoy the land you have rejected. 32 But as for you, your bodies will fall in this wilderness. 33 Your children will be shepherds here for forty years, suffering for your unfaithfulness, until the last of your bodies lies in the wilderness. 34 For forty years—one year for each of the forty days you explored the land—you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you.’

Because our God is forgiving, He can (if He so wishes) allow for us to have another opportunity. Especially if we repent and start obeying His instructions. But it is always best to heed Him the first time. I've seen this happen in my life.

Oh yeah, we have to stay watchful and prayerful and obedient. Partial obedience is disobedience, but I believe delayed obedience is also disobedience. I know exactly what loolalooh means about the wilderness, we have all been there when we missed God due to unbelief or sin, but he says, behold...I will bring you again. Genesis 28:15. It's far better to do things correctly the first time though.

Just want your thoughts?

I've heard pastors say to members that "you are 5 years behind where God would have you to be?

Also when God gives you an instruction are you quick to do it or do you take your time? I.e. if God tells you to tell a person something do you do that immediately? If God ask you to purchase something or give something away that is very expensive are you quick to obey?

Just wondering, if you take too long could you miss the timing of God.

My mom says if God says something to you be quick to obey.

Yes, it is possible to miss the timing of God.

For instance, let's say when you were 16, God's spirit was calling you and perhaps you knew it, but didn't respond properly. Maybe you were like, "I want to do my own thing now, I'll get back to God." But you didn't know that the process God wanted to take you through was going to make you a millionaire by age 22. the process and cultivation of a relationship with him was going to take years. So, by the time you finally get to God or really turn to him, you are 22! But guess what, you've wasted 6 years of your life. The people God had planned to help you at that time have moved on or even died (spiritual mothers, business men, anyone who God wanted to use), events of the world that would help you to be the millionaire God planned for you to be at that time, maybe the real estate boom has ended, the businesses in place during a strategic time of positioning may not be anymore and now, you have to start from where you are and it may take even more time to see God's plan come fruition. where it would have taken you 6 years, now because of disobedience, it might take you ten years.

If you know it's God, just do it!

Back