Is it really important to have a ceramic/ionic blow dryer?

SimpleKomplexity

I can understand having a ceramic flat iron. But is ionic air just some gimmick? Air is air right? I was thinking about getting a new curling iron and blow dryer since I have a 20% off coupon and I think they have a bring in your old appliance and get $5 off.

But really does it matter if your appliance is ionic and ceramic or not?

Missjae09

I have been using an ionic dryer for some time now.. However, I've wondered the same thing.. I will say that when i when i first got it, it took less time to dry my hair. I will definitely continue using ceramic/ionic blow dryers.

winnettag

I was wondering about this too.
The blowdryer I have (a cheapie) seems to indicate that you only get the ionic benefits if you use the attachments that come with it :perplexed ...which I don't. I hope I misread or they misprinted.

Melody.Monroe

I have an Ionic/Ceramic Dryer with a comb on the end and it dries my hair super duper quick!! My other dryer took me like 40 minutes and this one takes 15...no lie!

DarkAngell

I use ionic ceramic tourmaline ionic blow dryer & flat iron from SEDU. I blow dry and flat iron once a week in the fall and the winter and my hair is much healthier/softer then it was when using a regular old blow dryer & flat iron and this blow dryer definitely dries it MUCH faster.

outspokenwallflower

I have gone through quite a few dryers; after the first (a conair comb attachment dryer), I started trying dryers that were ionic. I do agree that my hair dried MUCH faster and now the dryer I have dries my hair faster, leaves it smooth and shiny. It's ceramic and ionic.

30something

They have affordable blow dryers that are ceramic / Tourmaline/ ionic. I got a conair one for $20 at walmart it is both ceramic and tourmaline. It is really wonderful, doesn't compare to my turbo twin but I got that one for different reasons.

If you are going to sally's you should check out Ceramic tool (Jilbere) blow dries and other tools, they are a good affordable brand.. I think all their stuff are at least ceramic.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I think I will have to get one because I am afraid it will be one of those things.....Like highspeed internet, I was happy with my dial up but I didn't realize how fast the new one was so I just kept dial up forever and when I finally got I speed I regretted all those years I just blew it off as hype.......(This was a long time ago...) :lachen::lachen: